Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Brilliant loss Sam ... Congrats!! :D I'm thinking maybe I need a fringe too - that could just be the lucky ticket :D ;) lol

It's funny how different we all are in terms of weight: dress size isn't it? I'm only 1" shorter than you and currently at 11 stone 10, yet I'm a snug 14 (well, by 'snug' I mean that I can actually feel my clothes, but that's kind of not comfortable because I'm not used to it). Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy with a comfy 14, but Ohhhhh .... I'd LOVE to fit a 12! I'm toying with moving my target back for one final time to 10 stone 8 (I like the symmetry of being literally half the woman I was lol) ... but what do you reckon the chances are of that last 16lb equating to a dress size?

I saw your post in the June Challenge thread and wanted to congratulate you on an incredible loss this week!

I've just read through a few pages and have been in stitches laughing - especially your Slimming World in numbers. I hope you don't mind me subscribing to your diary :D x

Brilliant loss Sam ... Congrats!! :D I'm thinking maybe I need a fringe too - that could just be the lucky ticket :D ;) lol

It's funny how different we all are in terms of weight: dress size isn't it? I'm only 1" shorter than you and currently at 11 stone 10, yet I'm a snug 14 (well, by 'snug' I mean that I can actually feel my clothes, but that's kind of not comfortable because I'm not used to it). Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy with a comfy 14, but Ohhhhh .... I'd LOVE to fit a 12! I'm toying with moving my target back for one final time to 10 stone 8 (I like the symmetry of being literally half the woman I was lol) ... but what do you reckon the chances are of that last 16lb equating to a dress size?

It is funny, I suppose body shape has a lot to answer for too doesn't it. You might find it amounts to a dress size or even more. I had to lose loads to get from a 16 to a 14 and then 14 has kind of just disappeared. 12s are still snug but wearable snug. I'd still have to try things on for fit in that size at the mo but I'm hoping the last stone will reduce that need!

Luckily I had just got in from my meeting where I'd lost not 1, not 2 but 6.5lb! Whoop! Wasn't expecting that!!!

Wowsers!! That's amazing!

And I have to add that I could NOT have ever achieved anywhere close to this without this place and you guys xx

I find this a super motivating comment. Still being new to SW (not to this forum though) it's so good to know there's always back up on here. I find it helpful especially when things are a bit tough. Like they are with me at the moment. I had a nice weekend away that went totally off plan and I have been struggling to find my SW zone again. Plus, today's the anniversary of my dad's death and that always makes me feel all hollow and ill and in the past I would have had a major food splurge. I'm determined not to let that happen this time but the impulse is there and hard to fight. Coming on here and venting about it definitely helps a lot.

My friend swears that breathing in helps. Push down on the table with one hand maybe? ;)I'm
sure you will be fine although ironically crapping yourself may help.... I will send magic vibes.....there I have sent you positivity and hugs. Let me know if it worked!! X

That made me laugh! I'm going to try and do a hand stand on the scales, surely that should defy gravity altogether.

I saw your post in the June Challenge thread and wanted to congratulate you on an incredible loss this week!

I've just read through a few pages and have been in stitches laughing - especially your Slimming World in numbers. I hope you don't mind me subscribing to your diary :D x

Ahh how lovely! Please come and join in the often quite random conversations that my diary contains. It was very nice of you to come and say hi! Xx

We love all things random :-D

Awww BeeBeeSee :( Sending you much love Hon xxx That hollow feeling is a bi*ch for conning us into thinking we can fill it if only we eat enough food but sadly it never does (((HUG))).

Awww BeeBeeSee :( Sending you much love Hon xxx That hollow feeling is a bi*ch for conning us into thinking we can fill it if only we eat enough food but sadly it never does (((HUG))).

Thank you Molly! Very soothing words indeed, and how true. I really spiraled out of control then and it's such wrong reasoning to think that it will make things better. If anything, it makes it a whole lot worse because to the sadness it adds frustration and feelings of failure which is the last thing you need then. So here I am making a conscious effort to not binge. I'm doing it for me and my well being.

Wowsers!! That's amazing!

I find this a super motivating comment. Still being new to SW (not to this forum though) it's so good to know there's always back up on here. I find it helpful especially when things are a bit tough. Like they are with me at the moment. I had a nice weekend away that went totally off plan and I have been struggling to find my SW zone again. Plus, today's the anniversary of my dad's death and that always makes me feel all hollow and ill and in the past I would have had a major food splurge. I'm determined not to let that happen this time but the impulse is there and hard to fight. Coming on here and venting about it definitely helps a lot.

That made me laugh! I'm going to try and do a hand stand on the scales, surely that should defy gravity altogether.

ill send you positive vibes too as well as a virtual hug. I have the same problem next week as it's the anniversary of my mums passing too. Its a hard day to get past and like you I am determined to do it without the bandage of food. I hope you feel ok xxx

the hand stand is a good idea, much like driving backwards through a speed camera? Haha. You are right about this place being the place to come to vent. I honestly and truly credit equally slimming world, my hypnotherapy and minimins for any ongoing success. The people on here, for a large part, are so welcoming and helpful. We have seen (and giggled at) some exceptions but by and large the advice is good or at least given in earnest and everyone just wants everyone else to succeed. I love it. If I could hug it I would. In fact I'll just hug my phone. Ahhh....

I will send magic vibes.....there I have sent you positivity and hugs. Let me know if it worked!! X

lol :D:D, Indeed I'll let u know. Thanks for the good vibes hun and well done on your fabby loss ! xx

Subject - Reporting back to Sam

Findings - Good Vibes received :vibes::p

Result - 9lbs loss :eek::D

Thank u, Thank u, Thank u :):)

Over and out. xx

Indeed!! I wanted to see how you did so I popped back to the challenge thread. I also increased my target whilst I was there so I don't lose focus and get all complacent. I'm so pleased for you. Now you can send me some vibes for next week. We can take it in turns haha. X

Indeed!! I wanted to see how you did so I popped back to the challenge thread. I also increased my target whilst I was there so I don't lose focus and get all complacent. I'm so pleased for you. Now you can send me some vibes for next week. We can take it in turns haha. X

Aww its a shame, that would have been lovely Sam, but I just replied to u on my diary, I'm going for an operation next week hun and will be off most of June recovering. However I should be back in July so hoping to continue with my journey then. Will pop back and see how your getting on then, I'm sure you'll be doing smashing ! :):)

Kay xx

Work today. Boo. This week was my lighter week where i have both wed and thurs off so going back on Friday always feels like a Monday argh!!

Feeling good and positive this week. :) a friend and I have come up with a potential business venture. This coming academic year is my year to sort out my life. I don't want to be in teaching this time next year so I'm going to be exploring my options and maybe retraining in something. What I'm not sure but I want this to be the year of Sam. So positivity all the way! I'm starting with a photography course so I start with exploring what I enjoy. :)

Wow Kay! ... congratulations on an amazing loss :D (and can I have some of those vibes please? ;) )

It's always good if you can find a way of making a living while doing something you enjoy ... I spent years doing jobs I hated until I came here 6 years ago. Now I (mostly) love my job and have plenty of time for my crafting too - to the extent that I now have an embryonic craft business as well :) And today I hope to be taking delivery of a state of the art electronic printing/cutting machine that is going to provide me with endless possibilities for new ranges so I am a very happy bunny on this sunny morning :D

Wow Kay! ... congratulations on an amazing loss :D (and can I have some of those vibes please? ;) )

Thank u Molly ;), Sam's marketing the `slimming vibes ' currently, we take turns lol :D xx

Afternoon Sam :wavey:, hope your enjoying this lovely weather and having a smashing day hun. :) xx

Afternoon fellow minimins! Oh its so lovely isn't it!! Hope you are all able to take a chance to enjoy it! Maybe we should find a way to bottle those vibes. We'd be millionaires Rodney! Haha xx

I won a prize!!

i wrote an email to Vegetarian Living magazine about adjusting the munchkins diet. They got back to me with some great suggestions and the news I'd won letter of the month! My pic is going national peoples! Its on sale 26th June, have a sneaky flick in Sainsburys! :)

ps I won a pro-cook gourmet lidded Wok :) :)

How exciting! Is Vegetarian Living good? I get Cook Vegetarian (I got a subscription for Christmas) which has some good ideas, but I've never looked at Vegetarian Living.

Back