Life Coach - la di da! Update!!

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
well... big boss has done something very nice for me... he has given me a free course with his life coach!!

i have no idea what a life coach is or does but he has given me this pressie coz he thinks i'm on an amazing journey, and i'm developing my career etc and it's a good time to tackle any problems i may have, like my massive fear of failure and increase my professional confidence so i can grow and develop in my job.

I had to fill in one of these excrutiating forms that delvs really deep into your thoughts and feelings - i was nearly in tears filling that out so gawd only knows what it'll be like speaking to her!

my first session is today at half 4 so i'll let you know what goes on!

hey just wanted to wish u luck hun. remember even if u do get teary, cryin is good 4 the soul (atleast thats wot my mum tells me :)). let us no how u get on. xox

u lucky thing, i wish i could go to one for free! good luck!!

What a lovely gesture!! He obviously sees a lot of potential there and some gentle nudging in the right direction from a life couch can only help get you there a bit quicker.

Will be thinking of you! Dont hold back; what a great opportunity - use it wisely SarahLou (as I know you will)!

well.... that was quite exciting really! i feel like i've had some of the fog in my head cleared away.

i basically talked to her for 10mins and she said she thinks my problem is my dad - and i reckon, spot on! he's very successful and therefore that is the marker for me and i stress myself out beyond belief if i can't live up to him! but anyway thought i'd share some of the things she said with you all coz we can all do this.

Managing Thoughts

You cannot stop a bad/negative thought popping into your head, but what you do with it is managable. if the thought pops in and you think "oh god thats true :(" and it weighs on your shoulders and makes you sad, you are basically being incredibly self destructive. you either need to fix it, or dump it. so for example, something that keeps popping into my head:

"you've lost 7.5 stone - that is disgusting that you had that much to lose and you're not done yet"

i can't really fix this one - coz it's true! so i have to dump it/accept it. so instead of going "oh man, i am gross, what's wrong with me etc etc" i have to go "ok that wasn't a good situation, but its in the past, i wil not let it happen again and i have achieved so much"

in theory, when you start to contradict these bad thoughts and replace them with good ones, eventually we only tend to think good ones and we stop thinking negatively about ourselves.

also a key bit of advice was to write a list of things you want, but don't NEED to do - try for 12 and make sure you do one every month. this way you dont take up too much of your time but after a year you've done something every month that made you happy.

another thing she made me do was fill in this form and we are working through it.
things i had to fill in are 5 things you are putting up with right now so i put, a messy flat, dirty car, disorganised paperwork (filing bills etc), lack of career path, and the fact that i can't walk in high heels! and i have to tackle one of these this week - gonna clean my car and suddenly these things are not a big deal!!

anyway i'll stop waffling! xxx

Wow Sarah - sounds like you really got a lot out of it.

You are clearly a very valued employee - that should give you a confidence boost in itself.

Good luck with your 5 things - walking in heels would be my biggest challenge, I look like I've pooped my pants when I walk in high heels - lol!! x

Sounded like a fab meeting you had and it seems to have given you some more motivation, but in a different area (rather than the weight issue I suppose)....that is good I think as it will help overall - eh!

Will take on board some of the advice you gave there, as it is sound and does make sense....12 things,,,mmm.....better get thinking cap on then!

That sounds brilliant Sarah Lou! It's so nice to know that your boss really appreciates and PRIORITISES you! That must give you such a boost to know that your boss respects your journey and your weight loss.

I had something similar years ago, and it was like a breath of fresh air. Kind of like a shrink that talks! Your session sounded great. It all makes so much sense when you think about it. I think we're all sometimes too caught up in our own problems to be able to take a step back and analyse. So it's nice to have someone listen and advise.

I too have the 'Daddy Issues' Although I have kind of conquered them by ignoring everything he says!

I'm going to try to make a list, I think I'll struggle with 12!

I could probably have more than 5 things that I'm putting up with right now! I'll only depress myself if I think too hard about that one!

I'm with you on the heels girlfriend! We need to go to model catwalk school!

X

Back