Life isn't fair...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by icemoose, 19 July 2007 Social URL.

  1. icemoose

    icemoose The Diet Guy

    Posts:
    4,558
    Likes Received:
    333
    Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    My best m8's Dad died a few weeks ago, they were a very close family and it was totally unexpected, he just dropped down in the park when taking the dog out for a walk.

    Anyway we had booked this weekend to go to London with them to get away from it and relax a bit, I was worried about going as I am not really well enough to be bashed about but we had decided to go anyway and just use Taxi's.

    But just got a call from him, his brother has had a bad stroke overnight and is totally paralysed in hospital and in a real pickle. The guy has just turned 40!!

    Life just isn't fair, if he hadn't had it tough enough with his dad he now has this :(
     
    Last edited: 19 July 2007
  2. Avatar

    MiniMins.com Matched Content

  3. Russiandoll

    Russiandoll Carpe diem

    Posts:
    4,590
    Likes Received:
    305
    Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friends tragic news: I hope his brother makes a full and speedy recovery ... he has his youth on his side so hopefully this will be the case.

    Sometimes life does seem so unfair and it also often seems that bad things happen in batches ... that's been the case for me this year: 2007 won't be going down in my memory banks as my best time ever. I feel like I've been in a meteor shower and unfortunately, the worst is yet to come.

    I'm sure your friend can count on your support - you're probably the best mate someone could have in a situation like this. He's going to feel shell-shocked for a while but in time and with the help and support of his family and friends such as yourself, he'll get through it.

    My thoughts go out to him and his family xx
     
  4. CW Consultant

    CW Consultant Gold Member

    Posts:
    4,529
    Likes Received:
    139
    Hi Mike,

    Sorry to read about your friend's dad and brother.

    Sending my thoughts to his family and wishing his brother a speedy recovery.

    Linda
     
  5. Gen

    Gen Normal

    Posts:
    5,564
    Likes Received:
    356
    Life just isn't fair Mike you are so right. And it always seems to be the good ones that get it in the neck.

    I'm so sorry to hear this news and hope he and his family will get through this ok.

    I'm sure you will be a great support to him

    Gen xx
     
  6. KittyB

    KittyB Gold Member

    Posts:
    2,916
    Likes Received:
    138
    Diet:
    RC
    Oh Mike thats awful :(

    So sorry to hear the news, my thoughts are with them all

    K xxx
     
  7. Mrs Depp

    Mrs Depp Gold Member

    Posts:
    14,325
    Likes Received:
    399
    Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    So sorry for your friend Mike, I can tell you're taking it very hard as well. :(
     
  8. Mini

    Mini Administrator Staff Member

    Posts:
    31,901
    Likes Received:
    1,013
    Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Mike,

    This is very sad news and your right it just seems so unfair.

    Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your friend and his family.

    Love Mini xxx
     
  9. sonkie

    sonkie Gold Member

    Posts:
    17,385
    Likes Received:
    900
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Omg that is so awful......hope he recovers fully !
     
  10. flirty40greeneyes

    flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

    Posts:
    13,431
    Likes Received:
    665
    Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    How is your friends brother now Mike??? Any improvement yet??? Hoping he does have a full and speedy recovery.
     
  11. xxluckyxx

    xxluckyxx Silver Member

    Posts:
    756
    Likes Received:
    38
    sometimes people get nothing but bad luck , dont they .

    i hope your friends brother pulls thru soon mike , sending lots of positive thoughts !

    He is ery lucky to have a friend like you xxx
    big hugs xxx
     
  12. icemoose

    icemoose The Diet Guy

    Posts:
    4,558
    Likes Received:
    333
    Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    He just called to say that they have done a scan and are really worried as a lot of fluid build up on the brain so they want to transfer him down to Addenbrookes (Cambridge) which is about 90 minutes away for further tests.

    My friend said the doctor looked very worried and to be honest they don't ship you 100 miles away if they think they can deal with it at the local hospital.

    Fingers crossed anyway as he is a lovely guy with a young family still.

    Mike
     
  13. Mrs Depp

    Mrs Depp Gold Member

    Posts:
    14,325
    Likes Received:
    399
    Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Was on CD last year, lost 35lbs. I need to lose another 21 but haven't decided which diet to use yet
    Aw Mike, fingers crossed for your mate's tests at Addenbrookes.
     
  14. Summerskye

    Summerskye Gold Member

    Posts:
    7,411
    Likes Received:
    316
    Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Oh Mike! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's awful news.

    My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.
     
  15. EllieG

    EllieG Silver Member

    Posts:
    1,173
    Likes Received:
    26
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    I'm sorry to hear about that awful news. He's so young for that to happen. Hope the tests come back better than it looks.

    Sending him my thoughts and best wishes - at least he has a great best mate.
     
  16. icemoose

    icemoose The Diet Guy

    Posts:
    4,558
    Likes Received:
    333
    Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Not good news at all I am afraid

    He didn't have a stroke after all that, he has a large brain tumour (unknown what state) which is the problem.

    He is going down to Addenbrookes ASAP for more scans and an operation / biopsy.

    Fingers crossed he is the next Martin Kemp!

    Mike
     
  17. saffron

    saffron Gold Member

    Posts:
    2,185
    Likes Received:
    152
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    hi mike, such sad news, you your friend and his family are in my thoughts and prayers hun
     
  18. icemoose

    icemoose The Diet Guy

    Posts:
    4,558
    Likes Received:
    333
    Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Just an update really, he has been transferred to another hospital but they have rescanned and the tumour is much bigger already, they are operating today and say it is a 70% chance of being an aggressive malignant cancer and a 30% chance of an infected benign tumour. So fingers crossed!!!

    Mike
     
  19. sonban

    sonban Addicted to Minimins

    Posts:
    3,717
    Likes Received:
    85
    Sorry to hear about your mate, hope you are keeping ok and hope your mate gets back to normal.
     
  20. Gen

    Gen Normal

    Posts:
    5,564
    Likes Received:
    356
    Mike

    Really hope your friend gets good news soon..

    My own Aunt was diagnosed with skin cancer in the last day or so, well I only found out yesterday, and you said it life isn't fair... a nicer woman with a nicer family you couldn't meet

    I just can't think about it at the moment but am hoping and praying she is ok

    My prayers are with your friend also

    xxx
     
  21. EllieG

    EllieG Silver Member

    Posts:
    1,173
    Likes Received:
    26
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    How's your friend doing Mike, did he come through his operation ok ?

    Hope it's looking more optimistic now.
     
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.
Loading...