Lighter Life November Starters!

Well, yesterday was day 1 - not too bad at all- no side effects as yet. I am concerned though cos my "mid-week " weigh in is at 9.30 tomorrow - so I will only have been in abstinence for 2 days. surely I will not be in ketosis by then? My worry is that I will have no weight loss and this will dampen my current positivity.

brumchick, I thought the first wi was 4 days after starting abstinence.
Also I'm sure you will have lost something by day 2, when you think how much your calorie intake has gone down.
If for some reason you haven't lost anything don't be disheartened because by next wi you will have lost a vast amount, you cannot fail to lose on this programme.

Good luck

My first day! Feeling very positive. Joined the plan in the 2nd week in my group so was encouraging to see everyones weight lost from their first week!

We actually have a doctor in our group so can't be that dangerous a diet!

Hx

Hi All

Nice to read your posts

started lighterlife 3rd nov and am having my second weigh in today at 5.30. I have done this diet for 8 weeks before but due to pregnancy had to stop.

My GP says she does not recommend this diet for everyone but for me she thought it was perfect.

I wanted to discuss the impact on 'normal ' life though. For example Hubby and I spend little time together except supper time as he works a lot. We used to cook something together, chat and eat together. Now he eats at work and when he come home we still sit and chat but it doesn't feel the same. Its difficult to replace the activity with anything as its so late at night. I know this is a minor thing to some and wont stop me continuing as I know its short term pain for long term gain but I feel its important to acknowledge the imapct LL can have on life and wanted to get it off my chest lol as it was bugging me.

he also feels guilty eating infront of me, even though I have told him its not a problem, this inturn makes me feel bad for him and makes me worry that he is eating enough!

Other than things like that I have no problems and love the way my skin and hair were so nice after 4 weeks last time .

Week 1 - 11lb
week 2 -

Piglet welcome to the forum.
I know what you mean about LL impacting on life.
We used to go out for meals when we both had a day off & the kids were at school. That was our time together.
I know I could still go & take a shake, I have done that before, but why should I eh?
Wow well done with your first week wi, what a great result.

Waheey. worried ? me? not now . Had weigh in today, 2 days in- lost 3.75 lbs :) :)

well done piglet. that's fantastic

Wow piglet that is amazing, you must be so proud, well done.

Keep up the good work!

Just got through my first day! Was very hungry but hasn't put me off at all. Shakes are yummy! First challenge was my brothers birthday where champagne and chocolate were flowing. Just asked to smell them and that was enough for me! lol

Hx

hi

i started ll on Friday and so far so good, feeling very tired and had a couple of moments when cooking for the little one when i craved food, but not hungry and didnt even have a nibble so was very impressed with myself. im on countdown now so fingers crossed this will work. its good to see so many new starters and ill keep my fingers crossed we all achieve our goals

Hi All

Just wanted to say a big Welcome to all the new joiners on this forum. Keep up the grat work everyone - we are all on our way to being so much slimmer. I've just went into week 3 and still finding it a great diet (although I tried the 'poppadums' for dinner tonight and had to throw it in the bucket after a few - blah!). Hope to hear all your WI success stories soon.

Take care

Kx:D

Hi Badger
I started LL on Friday too. Look forward to getting to know you :)

Hannah - I used to ask everyone if I could smell their food, I used to open a packet of crisps just to smell them.
We do some sad things on this diet lol.
Well done on your first day & getting through your brothers birthday.
Hannah, Badgers, kerri & brumchick, this is the best thing you could ever do for yourself - goodluck.

Cherry ,I do that as well. Open a bag of choccie buttons for my little girl and smell the empty packet.....................mad.

Well I have my WI tonight and according to my scales I've stayed the same this week :( feeling pants, is it really worth not eating to lose nothing?

I'm thinking I'm going to give it another week and cut out the bars and see what happens.

Emma xXx

I've lost 11lbs in my first week!!!
I've forgotten how good that feels.:)

Emma, I don't think for one minute you have sts, it is very unlikely, but if for some unknown reason you have sts you will probably have a bigger weight loss next week.
If you can survive without the bars then maybe that is your answer.
Please also remember that you can lose inches rather than lbs on this diet, have you measured yourself?
And any loss, even a lb is a loss.
Goodluck with wi, don't forget to let us know.

Thanks cherry hubby said to me this morning as I was getting out of the car 'turn around again' so I did and he says 'god your arse is looking smaller' lol. Anyway I did lose 12lbs in my first week and this is only my second so I know I've still lost a lot but it's still hard.

Emma xXx

Hi all hope everyone is doing well, keep your chin up Emma that arse is smaller and will be even smaller this time next week :D
I go for my second wi in 30 mins and not looking forward to it as it's only been 1/2 week since last wi but hopeing it's gd news. Will post back later with results :D

Back