Lil miss chatterbox's food diary

Been a very stressful weekend, as trying to get assignment done, and posted, and still not finished. was supposed to be having a meeting at the school today as well, which was making me feel apprehensive, and nearly had me in tears. i was relieved last night however when I received an email to say that school will be closed on Monday due to adverse weather conditions, and meeting is cancelled! :woohoo: So glad to have that burden lifted. The snow's not really come to much at the moment where I am, but is apparently bad elsewhere. Will try to get on here later, but expect it will be more like tomorrow!

Morning lovely, wow you are so committed... good to see it, where are you going for your hols?
Well done on the loss, 1lb every week for a year is close to 4st as my C always says wouldn't you just love to lose that in a year? I know I would!!

I was pretty certain that oxo stock cubes were free on all plans but I did double check, and they are...the only oxo that is synned is the granules hun and they are 2.5 syns per 3 heaped teaspoons, even the squeezy oxo are free on all plans.

Have a fab day sweetie and hope the snow stays away, here we're not so lucky and it's keeping me in cos I'm not great on my feet :argh: ...still guess that means I have more time for minis eh? lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Well I got my assignment finished at 10.30pm last night! So hubby will post it for me today. Kids off school again today, apparently because of weather. All school buses cancelled, although school is open for P3-P7 pupils. Although my son is P3, I don't drive and I'm not walking him 6.6 miles to school! especilly when his little sister has the day off anyway. For all yesterdays severe weather warning, we ended up with strong winds, and a few flurries of snow, which all melted immediately. There's now hardly any snow left, yet they have another day off? It would have made more sense for them to be off last Thursday and Friday when we actually had 3-4 inches!

Anyway, enough ranting. I could probably have done better foodwise the last few days if I wasn't so stressed from study panic, but having said that I haven't been constantly snacking which is an improvement. My back's really painful atm, and that's not helping me with exercise, but need to try and get back into the swing of things again.

Food for today:
Breakfast: 30g porridge (HExB), milk (HExA), 1tsp sugar (1 syn), 1 tsp jam (1 syn)
Lunch: pasta (free), mixed veg (SF), apple (SF), pear (SF)
Dinner: 1/4 pizza (13 syns), SW chips (free), broccoli (SF), green beans (SF)

Total syns: 15

Another WI tonight. Hopefully will be a good result., but any loss will do! I have managed to fail miserably at my challenges this week! Meals didn't go as planned, mainly cos of lack of time to cook, and unfortunately convenience foods are high syns. But I didn't go mad with meals, and I ate mindfully. Also didn't manage much exercise, unless housework counts! mainly because of studying, but also because my backs been hurting a lot the last few days. Also fell over on the ice on Tuesday night walking home, so have been feeling a little worse for wear. Hopefully this next week will be better! Restarting menus tomorrow for a new week. Need to look up haggis syns for tomorrow, cos apparently it's burns night and for once we're going to be traditional!

Suprisingly I managed to lose 2lbs!! :woohoo: That's three weeks on the trot with a loss! So, new week new start. This weeks challenges are:
1. get back in to the exercise by aiming for 90 minutes this week.
2. plan syns in advance, so that I don't find myself without when i need/want them.

Just found that 28g boiled haggis is 3 syns on EE and red, and 4.5 on green. I was going to have 100g, which is about 11 syns.

So menu plan for today:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HExB), milk (HExA), banana (SF), pineapple (SF)

Lunch: cheese & leek pasta 'n' sauce, made with just water (2 syns), orange (SF)

Dinner: 100g haggis (11 syns), boiled tatties (free), boiled neeps (SF)

Exercise: 24 minute video

Todays syns: 13

Weeks syns: 13/105

Hi hun well done on 3 weeks in a row losses, that's fabulous, you're doing so well and with all the stress too...amazing...keep up the good work hun

One of the ladies at my group was telling us last night how she combated the syns in the haggis, she had 6 syns worth stuffed in a chicken breast and wrapped in bacon, she said it was delicious and she didn't feel at all deprived ...worth a try maybe xxx:hug99:xxx

Hello lovely, hope you're ok and coursework hasn't swallowed you up xxx:hug99:xxx

I've just had the most stressful week so far this year! The coursework hasn't swallowed me up yet (although that's got more to do with the lack of time I've had this week). Last Friday afternoon I was called into school as my dear son was to be suspended. The school had decided to have a bring and buy sale in ther afternoon as a charity fundraiser during school hours. (I thought that it was after school). He didn't want to go, but because everyone else was going he was tried to be forced. He stood his ground, threatened his teacher by holding a heavy wooden clock over his head, and then punched and kicked the headteacher. Not suprising that he got suspended really, but what upset me about the incindent was that it was unavoidable. I haven't got any issues with raising money for charities, but during school time kids are supposed to be there to learn!
So he had Monday off school, and was to go back on Tuesday morning, only he'd decided he couldn't be bothered to go to school, so decided it was best to punch and kick the headteacher again, as he knew it would gaurentee him more time off school! Of course he's not remorseful at all, but it's me that's had to sit with him all day every day getting him to do the work set by his school, meaning in the evenings it's been a rush around trying to get basic chores done, and not time at all left for study.
Thankfully he went back yesterday, but not til the afternoon. He was to go in at 12.45, but no-one came to see him to readmit him til 1.05, and when he leaves for the school bus at 2.50, I do have to beg the question of what is the point?
The good news is they have some new strategies in place to keep him in school. The first is a visual timetable, so he can see what will be happening through the day (something I suggested well over a year ago!), and the other is a classroom assistant (which, again, should have always been there anyway).

Anyway, the stress of everything meant the diet & exercise plan went to pot, and I wasn't very hopeful for WI last night, but somehow despite everything I lost another 1lb!

Wow you have had a stressful time, hope all is sorted now and running smoothly again xx

Love the fact you still lost a lb well done you what a star :winner: xxx

Have a fab and hopefully stress free weekend hun xxx:hug99:xxx

Spent the weekend at mum-in-laws, and most of Satuday in Newcastle. The boys wanted to go to a toyfair, and I needed to get my daughter a birthday present. She bought herself a stuffed rabbit from the build a bear workshop with her Christmas money, but couldn't afford clothes for it too. So her rabbit now has clothes, shoes, a headband, and a handbag! But she still has to wait to get another 2 weeks to get it! Then we decided to go to an all you can eat restaurant in the middle of the afternoon (we hadn't had lunch by then). Nice as that was, it was obviously no good for my diet, and I spent yesterday in discomfort from constipation, and this morning I woke up with an upset stomach. Will I ever learn?! So nice big line drawn, and back to basics.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So food for today:
Breakfast: grapes (SF), 4 breakfast biscuits (11 syns) (I wish I'd looked up the syns values before I ate these, especially as I've just discovered they're not a HEx!)
Lunch: shape delights fat free apple crumble yoghurt (1/2 syn), baked potato (free), cheese (HExA), orange (SF)
Dinner: chicken (free), carrots (SF), broccoli (SF), potatoes (free)
Snack: 2 wholemeal toast (HExB), butter (1 syn)

Total syns: 12.5

Yeah, breakfast biscuits taste just like regular biscuits, but at a much more extortionate price!

Busy day today, catching up with study, and then out with friends tonight. It's half term from Thursday, so need to get as much done today and tomorrow as possible. What I don't understand is why Scotland put half term from a Thursday til the following Wednesday?!

Food plan for today:

Breakfast: bran flakes (HExB), milk (HExA), raisins (4 syns), grapes (SF)

Lunch: pasta (free), veg (SF), ham (free)

Dinner: baked potato (free), mixed veg (SF), small sausage roll (7 syns)

Total syns: 11

Back