Lil miss chatterbox's food diary

WI today, and gained 3lbs :sigh: but it was deserved and expected really. I've decided I need to start from scratch again, and am going to give slimming world another proper go. I need to keep a log of what I am actually eating too, rather than just calculating in my head (and plan my meals better). Also need to start on positives. So, here goes.

Today's food plan:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HExB), milk (HExA), 25g raisins (4 syns)

Lunch: mushroom & garlic high veg pasta 'n' sauce (1 syn), apple (SF), orange (SF)

Dinner: Homemade cottage pie (7 syns): (lean mince, onion, chickpeas, lentils, peas, sweetcorn, gravy (1 syn), potato, milk (from HExA), egg, 30g grated cheese (6 syns)), served with broccoli (SF) and green beans (SF)

Total syns: 12

Positives:
1. I am focused and ready to get back at slimming world.
2. I have supportive friends on minis.
3. ??? will have to think up later!

Been a busy week, lots on. Looks like my son may have whooping cough too, so is off school til next Thursday on doctors orders to get some rest, and be on antibiotics. Just as well he's off as the medicine is upsetting his tummy IYKWIM. But that's making it difficult for me to be able to concentrate on my studies, and with 2 assignments looming, 1 of which needs posting next week, I'm in panic mode. On the bright side I lost 2lbs this week. I found sticking to plan rather hard at the earlier part of the week, but decided that I could cut my plate size down to a side plate, and that seems to have helped. Am dead jealous of hubby though. With his lack of appetite he's lost 1st 3lbs in 3 weeks! The downside to his lack of appetite is it makes an anniversary dinner next Friday pointless, so we may wait til valentines day instead.

Today's positives:
1. I actually lost weight this week.
2. I have great support all around me.
3. Christmas is coming!!!

Todays Food:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, (HExB), milk (HEx A), sugar (1 syn), orange (SF)

Lunch: Ham (free), 15g lighter cheese (2 syns), bagel (12 syns), apple (SF), 2 plums (SF)

Dinner: mince (free), kidney beans (free), various veg (SF & free), spaghetti (free)

Syns: 15

Well done on teh loss hun. The side plate idea is fab. I'd probably just fill it twice though the way I've been. Hope your son is on the mend but I don't envy you having to deal with the side effects for the AB's. I also wouldn't recommend your OH's method of weight loss. A bit too drastic.

Shame about your anniversary meal but as you say hardly worth it if you both aren't feeling like eating.

Love the fact you can still find positives with all this going on. Well done.

Good luck with your assignments. :D

Merry Christmas LMC and a Happy New Year lovely xxx:hug99:xxx

Happy New Year LMC xxx:hug99:xxx :new_year: xxx

Thanks Lily! Hope you had a lovely christmas and a happy new year too!

This last year has gone very badly over all, and now that Christmas festivities are out of the way it's time to start anew again. So I have decided to reembark on my diet again. Having tried slimming work, weight watcher, boring old calorie counting and just trying to be good, and getting precisely nowhere I have decided that for me the best approach may be setting myself weekly challenges to change my attitudes and behaviours towards food and exercise.

So for this week my personal challenges are:

1. No snacking inbetween meals.
2. 30 mins of exercise 3 times this week.

I will weigh-in tonight, with my husband, as we are going to try to lose weight together. Maybe a bit of moral support will help. :D

We have also decided a small financial reward of 50p per 1lb lost each will be a good incentive, and a forfeit for weeks if we gain.

So, new year, new start. Let's go!

Food for today:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, milk, banana

Lunch: nu me cup a soup, wholemeal bread roll, satsuma, muller fat free greek style yoghurt

Dinner: homemade pork curry and rice

Well WI last night was not good! I am only 6lbs lighter now than when I started last year! But at the same time it's given me the motivation I so desperately need. Yesterday was a really good day. I stuck ridgidly to my meal plan. Also I saw a picture of me yesterday from 4 years ago - I barely recognised myself! I was so slim and happy. I am determined that I will rediscover myself, so I am just going to take things one day at a time.

Food for today:
Breakfast: raspberry & pommegranite oatso simple
Lunch: tomato & onion pasta & sauce, fat free greek style yoghurt
Dinner: small slice pepperoni pizza, potato alphabet bites, green beans & mushy peas

Morning LMC, Thank you I had a lovely Christmas and New Year, was fabulous having my new grandson with us bless his little cottons lol

Great idea about the moral support from hubby and doing it together and the challenges, might nick that idea myself lol, and hey stop knocking it, 6lbs off is still 6lbs off, I gained 12lbs last year...ooops but like you I am back in it this year determined again.
I do the rewards and forfeits too, for every pound I lose I put Β£1 in my pot for every pound I gain I put Β£2, sounds like that might be an incentive to gain eh? Wrong! I am on a very tight budget and can not afford to gain, one week last year I gained 10lb that cost me Β£20....I definitely won't be going there again it really was hard a big struggle cash wise that week, but having said that I opened my pot at Christmas and found a nice little sum so hubby and I had a nice time together with it, this year I am hoping to get enough for a spa treat, would love that.

So onwards and downwards for us hun, we can do it ...can't we!!!!
Menu looks fab, have a great day, I am hoping to be back here more this year, so hopefully I'll be checking in almost every day to see how you're doing xxx:hug99:xxx

Your plan sounds fab hun. Hope you and hubs doing it together will make it easier. :D

Are you still doing you OU course? How's you wee fella getting on at school now?

Thanks PP. I hope so too. Yes still doing 2 OU courses! Feeling the pressure a bit at the mo with so many assignments on. Still got problems at school, but have another meeting later this month, and am expecting his referral appointment to arrive in post soon. Also hubby has started redecorating my bedroom, so weekends tied up now! g2g

Thanks PP. I hope so too. Yes still doing 2 OU courses! Feeling the pressure a bit at the mo with so many assignments on. Still got problems at school, but have another meeting later this month, and am expecting his referral appointment to arrive in post soon. Also hubby has started redecorating my bedroom, so weekends tied up now! g2g
Sounds nice and peaceful NOT. Hubby must be feeling better too then. :D

Well he was feeling better...but now is rather worn out and in pain! Oh well, at least that's 1/4 bedroom done, wardrobe moved, bed moved etc. Really we can only get on with decorating during weekends, so now it's a week of sorting through the carp we've both hoarded over the last 10 years (or more!) Oh and just to add to the chaos hubby got a thorn in his tyre, and getting a new one was a job and a half! Once it was done that was another small fortune down the drain...but now that one tyre is insured for a year! shame the other 3 aren't!
Despite everything though, I've not done too bad foodwise, and even did a bit of exercise yesterday (seperate to decorating!). Kids are back to school today, so it's nice to get a bit of peace & quiet!

I've not had a good day today! Been snacking on crisps, so deserve a good hard slap! On a more positive note I did do 12 mins aerobics! Got one of those 12 minute workout videos a few years ago, and now finally have the space to be able to use it! One advantage of redecorating I guess!
Feeling a bit uncertain about this year atm. hubby had a meeting at work today and has found out his company has gone into administration. He won't lose his job unless the company actually goes bust, as his job is essential (and retraining anyone would cost around Β£6K), but it just somehow doesn't fit comfortably.
Out with friends tonight, so that should help me relax a bit.

Well he was feeling better...but now is rather worn out and in pain! Oh well, at least that's 1/4 bedroom done, wardrobe moved, bed moved etc. Really we can only get on with decorating during weekends, so now it's a week of sorting through the carp we've both hoarded over the last 10 years (or more!) Oh and just to add to the chaos hubby got a thorn in his tyre, and getting a new one was a job and a half! Once it was done that was another small fortune down the drain...but now that one tyre is insured for a year! shame the other 3 aren't!
Despite everything though, I've not done too bad foodwise, and even did a bit of exercise yesterday (seperate to decorating!). Kids are back to school today, so it's nice to get a bit of peace & quiet!
Well done on not turning to food in moments of stress. Hope you're enjoying the relative peace with the kids at school. :D

I've not had a good day today! Been snacking on crisps, so deserve a good hard slap! On a more positive note I did do 12 mins aerobics! Got one of those 12 minute workout videos a few years ago, and now finally have the space to be able to use it! One advantage of redecorating I guess!
Feeling a bit uncertain about this year atm. hubby had a meeting at work today and has found out his company has gone into administration. He won't lose his job unless the company actually goes bust, as his job is essential (and retraining anyone would cost around Β£6K), but it just somehow doesn't fit comfortably.
Out with friends tonight, so that should help me relax a bit.
Aaargh cross posts. I think you should cut yourself a bit of slack cos it would be almost impossible to not get really stressed and possibly eat with hubby's news. Hope it's all OK in the end.

Well done on the exercise though. :D :bighug:

wow! the sun is out! what a difference it makes to my mood! I am actually feeling quite relaxed atm, and am going to do my exercise vid in a mo, then need to crack on with chores, decluttering and study, then need to make up a menu for the week. I think that as my next challenge for the coming week I will plan a menu for every day, and stick to it!

Back