Lisa's Diary

Hiya! Welcome to SW way of life. I have read your diarys as you put another post in here saying about possibly eating too much.

From what you have said your not a very keen fruit or vegetable lover. The problem is that part of the principle of SW is making sure you snack in between meals using superfree veg and fruit. Obviously if your not keen on either this makes things more difficult. I do assume that you do like 'some' fruit and veg, and although it might become rather repetitive it may be worth including those veg that you do like with your meals each day, to help fill you up and on a red day perhaps have a baked potatoe with your meat or new potatoes as a HEB.

Also your meant to snack, on 'other' free food in moderation and i noticed you ate a whole pack of crabsticks for breakfast. Whilst they are free to have 16 of them constitutes to about 416 calories in one go, then add on what else you ate in that sitting. So moderation is the key! also you did this with your mullers as well on one day you had 4 mullers, thats 400 calories just on there own! Again moderation. While SW isnt about calorie counting if you eat 3000 calories of food per day, your not realistically going to lose any weight are you. hence why they encourage snacking on superfree fruit and veg and your syns.

Also it might be worth checking out the recipe section for syn free curry ideas there are some wicked syn free curry recipes out there. Also Philadelphia do some lovely creamy curry recipes using philadelphia light. In particular I LOVE their thai green curry recipe and also their pasta carbonara recipe, Most of their recipes are easily SW tweaked and very low in syns and the girls and boys on minimins have some very delicious recipes on here. Brit mum is one to mention as she has a blog called 'slimming eats' and she does deserts and main meals which are devine. I love her syn free burgers...also Vixxster has a syn free pizza recipe and a take on a syn free KFC recipe!! So check it all out. Dont be afraid to cook and enjoy the recipes!

Good luck and onwards and downwards!!!!!!

I have to agree with silvermane - i can see your doing much better now on your eating but somedays to me you dont seem to be eating enough! I wouldnt be able to last lol
Youve said you dont like veg but if you were to make the bolognese for example and put carrot, swede, etc in i swear you would not be able to tatste them at all and it really bulks it up - very filling too.
Good luck with your journey x

I really struggle on this diet as i work all day pick the kids up and then do tea. I work in an office so i'm sat at the desk all day even at lunch so i think thats why i snack a lot.:sigh:

07/05/2010​

Red Day

Breakfast: Tea with milk (HEX a) synfree bacon quiche (free)

Snack: 1 Clemintine (free)

Lunch: cherry tomatoes (free) ham (free) 2 slices WW bread (HEX b) clover lighter (1 syn)

Snack: fruit salad (Free)

Dinner: 3/4 of a cherry bakewell (7.5 syns) Stuffed pepper stuffed with ff cottage cheese, tomatoes and ham(free)

Snacks: 1/2 mini pork pie (5 syns)

1 large glass wine (8.5) + diet lemonade (free)

Total syns 23

Last edited:
08/05/2010​

Red Day

Breakfast: 2 slices of bacon (free) 1/2 sausage (1.5 syns) bread (HEX b) x2 tea with milk (HEX a)

Snacks: smiths bacon fries (6.5 syns)​

Lunch: 3 slices of pepperoni pizza (10 syns) i think

Snacks:​

Dinner:

Snacks:​

Other: 1 1/2 pint lagar with lime (14 syns)​

Total syns 32​

Last edited:
Ummmm where did you get the pizza from because an average takeaway pizza is 20 syns a slice not 10 syns for 3 pieces!!

Also... are you not following the diet at the moment???... as on average your going over your daily syns by often quite a large amount???

Also on one of the day you weren't sure about your syns, tescos apple crumble for a 'normal' portion of apple crumble is 16 1/2 syns. So really depends on the make of crumble and how much you had...but this will give you an idea.

It seems you like ur puddings so why dont you check out the recipe section for some low syns ideas for puddings..

Last edited:
10/05/2010

Extra Easy​

Breakfast: Banana (free) tea with milk (HEX a)

Snack: Baby corns (free)

Lunch: Ham (free) 2 slices ww bread (HEX b) clover lighter (1 syn)

Snack: Banana (free) 4 seafood sticks (free) FF cottage cheese (free)

Dinner: Chicken (free) Potatoes (free) Cloverlighter (2 syns) Carrots (free) Peas (free) oxo (free)

Other: 2 Large glass white wine (16 syns) FF cottage cheese (free) seafood sticks (free)

Total Syns 20 :(:(

Last edited:
11/05/2010

Extra Easy​

Breakfast: Banana (free) Tea with milk (HEX a)

Lunch: 2 slices 400g wholemeal bread (HEX b) Ham (Free) cloverlighter (1 syn) cherry tomatoes (free) 1 FF ML yogurt (free)

Snacks: 1 Clemintine (free)

Dinner: home made beef burger no bread (free) 2 pices of beef (free)

Other: 2 large glass wine (17 syns)

Total syns 18

Last edited:
12/05/2010​

Extra easy

Breakfast: Tea with milk (HEX a) syn free quiche (free)

Snacks: Cherrys (Sfree)

Lunch: 2 slices bread (HEX b) Ham (free) clover lighter (1 syn) cherry tomatoes (SFree) Banana (SFree)

Dinner: 1tsp oil (2 syns) chips (free) Mushy peas (free) Cod steamed (free)

Snacks: Carr's cheese melts (3 syns) cheese with chilli flakes (? syns)
1 glass of wine (8.5 syns)

Last edited:
13/05/2010

Extra Easy​

Breakfast: Banana (Sfree) tea with milk (HEX a)

Lunch: 2 slices of bread (HEX b) Ham (free) clover lighter (1 syn)

Snacks: banana (SFree)

Dinner: Jacket potato (free) cloverlighter (2 syns) beans (free) ww reduded fat cheese 28g (2.5 syns)

1 large glass of white wine (8.5 syns)

Total syns 14

Last edited:
14/05/2010

Extra easy​

Breakfast: Syn free quiche (free) tea with milk (HEX a)

Lunch: Banana (SFree)

Snacks: cherry tomatoes (SFree) ½ pot seasame seed nuts (8.5 Syns)

Dinner: boiled rice (free) ½ portion chicken rogan josh (3.5 syns)

3 large glasses wine (22.5 syns)

total syns 34

Last edited:
17/05/2010

Extra Easy​

Breakfast: Banana (SFree) 4 mikido (2 syns) Tea with milk (HEX a)

Lunch: 2 slices bread (HEX b) tin tuna (free) sweetcorn (free)
light mayo (0.5 syns) cloverlighter (1 syn)

Snacks: seasame seed nuts (4.5 syns)

Dinner: boiled rice (free) ½ chicken rogan josh (3 syns)

small wine (6 syns) + diet lemonade (free)

Total syns 16.5

Last edited:
19/05/2010

Extra easy​

Breakfast: Cup of tea with milk (HEX a) ½ tuna sandwich (1 slice bread (HEX b) tuna (FREE) Sweetcorn (free) Mayo (0.5 syns) cherry tomatoes (SFree)

Snacks: cherrys (Sfree)

Lunch: ½ tuna sandwich (1 slice bread (HEX b) tuna (FREE) Sweetcorn (free)

Snacks: seaseme seed penuts (8.5 syns)

Dinner: pasta in the packet cross and blackwell (free)

1 large glass of wine (8.5 syns)

Total syns 17

Last edited:
07/06/2010 Extra Easy

07/06/2010 Extra Easy​

Breakfast Tea with milk (HEX a) banana (free) 1 slice of ham (free)

Lunch 3 millies cookies (9.5 syns each) 2 small glasses of wine (13 syns)

Total syns 41.5

Last edited:
08/06/2010 Extra Easy

Breakfast

Banana (free) Tea with milk (HEX a) 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEX b) clover lighter (1 syn) Ham (free)

Lunch

Cherry tomatoes (free) Cockles (free) 1 slice of ham (free)

Dinner

boiled Rice (free) Bolognese sauce (free)

Other

Total Syns 1

23/06/2010 Extra Easy

Breakfast:

tea with milk (HEX a) 1 Piece of chicken breast (free) Banana (free)

Snack:

Banana (free)

Lunch:

Seafood cocktail (free) jar of cockles (free)

Dinner:

Seafood sticks (free) Cottage cheese with pineapple (free) Clemintines (free)

Other:

6 cheese straws (12 syns) liver pate ( 3 syns) 35ml gin (4 syns) slimline tonic (free)

Total Syns: 19

Last edited:
24/06/2010 Extra Easy

Breakfast:

Banana (free) Cottage cheese with pineapple (free) Seafood sticks (free) Tea with milk (HEX a)

Lunch:

beef roll (HEX b) Butter (1.5 syns)

Dinner:

Crayfish tails (free)

Other:

4 cheese straws (8 syns) lindts dark choc orange 3 pieces (6.5)

Total Syns: 16

Last edited:
25/06/2010 Extra Easy

Breakfast:

Tea with milk (HEX a) crayfish tails (free) cherry tomatoes (free)

Snack:

Banana (free) 1 slice of ham (free) cherrys (free)

Lunch:

Seafood stick (free) cherrys (free)

Dinner:

boiled rice (free) ½ portion chicken rogan josh (3.5 syns) ¼ garlic naan (5 syns) Lamb pieces (free)

Other:

Total Syns: 8.5

Last edited:
Back