Or you could just post your mum to me and she can make them :D

Hi hun, would u mind posting the recipe? Thanks in advance x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Of course I can hun.

1 yorkie pud mix (I used taco value) + 1 egg and 250ml water to make the batter
1 courgette cubed quite small
1 onion finely sliced
fry lite

So I make the batter and then stir the courgette and onion into the batter. Get a big frying pan and spray with frylite then pour all the mix into the pan. Make sure you have it on quite a low heat so that it doesn't burn. I cook it for about 20 mins until the middles no longer soggy.

How nice does that sound? Im loving all these recipes. drool....:gimi:

Morning all,
I'm a little disheartened this morning. I usually like to get on the scales on a Friday morning so I can see how good I've been all week and then I know that I can be a bit naughty at the weekend. But this morning the scales are only showing 1lb off. With this in mind I can't be naughty at the weekend :( Maybe just a cheeky glass of something but not naughty food. Ah well on a positive note I've not got much planned for the weekend so there shouldn't be too much temptation put in my way. I'm 5lbs from my February mini target and only have 2 weigh ins left, plus the kids are off school next week so my target is fading away.
Anyway less of me moaning, how are you all this morning? Hope you all have a good day.xx

How old are the kids honey?

Could you maybe plan something energetic with them over the half term break to increase the old body magic..... failing that just strap them to your back and count it as power lifting xx :D

How old are the kids honey?

Could you maybe plan something energetic with them over the half term break to increase the old body magic..... failing that just strap them to your back and count it as power lifting xx :D

Haha kids are 8 and 16, if I were to strap them to my back, they'd probably kill me so problem solved, I'd never have to eat again, lol!! I've still got to work over half term, my youngest has got friends staying over a couple of nights and she's going to a friend one day as well but nothing really energetic planned. I know we're having a pizza night one night so that wont be good but it will be a nice treat. Think I shall just have to try and be as good as I can.xx

Try not to be too disheartened hun, 1lb is still a loss, at least it's going in the right direction :) our weight fluctuates so much too, who knows maybe if you'd weighed an hour before/earlier it would have been 2lb! So annoying. Fingers crossed for a bigger loss next week xx

Try not to be too disheartened hun, 1lb is still a loss, at least it's going in the right direction :) our weight fluctuates so much too, who knows maybe if you'd weighed an hour before/earlier it would have been 2lb! So annoying. Fingers crossed for a bigger loss next week xx

Thanks hun, It's not my official weigh in so if I'm good all weekend I will hopefully be ok but I just like to know I can have a bit more at the weekend and still be ok by Monday's weigh in.xx

Oh my days, I've just had the nicest lunch ever...
I made Cajun Spiced Chicken, it was more a dinner really than a lunch but I'll only have a jacket potato tonight so that's ok. Hubby doesn't eat rice and it couldn't be adapted so he could have chips with it so I made it for me and my mum as she is here working today. It was lush, will definitely be making that one again :) x

Good evening all.
Had a good day food wise today. I'm going to have my snacks later but will put them on my diary now so that it is complete.
So here's my diary.....

Friday 14th February

Lunch - Cajun Spiced Chicken
Dinner - Jacket Potato with coronation chicken
Snacks - Milky Coffee and Pineapple fake cake

I have to say both meals today I've never cooked before and both were amazing. Will definitely be having both again in the not to distant future.xx

Hi,
Hope you're having a good evening.

Your Cajun chicken sounds lovely, how did you make it? Cajun chicken used to be a pub favourite for me yumyum

Chicken sounds yummy!
Hope u have a good evening :) x

Good evening both, the chicken was lush. Nothing like you would think.
Here's the recipe

CAJUN-SPICED CHICKEN - Serves 4

Approx. 2.5 Syns per serving

1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
1 large onion
1 tbsp. olive oil - 6 Syns
2 tbsp. Cajun spice mix
250g long-grain rice
1 chicken stock cube
4 skinless chicken breasts
200g can pineapple chunks in natural juice - 5 Syns

Fry the pepper and onion in the oil in a large pan, along with Half a tbsp. of the spice mix, for 2 minutes.
Tip in the rice, pour in 700ml of water, then crumble in the stock cube.
Bring to the boil, stir, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, add more water if needed.
Meanwhile, rub the remaining spice mix into the chicken breasts.
Spray a frying pan with Frylight and fry the chicken gently for 7 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked through.
Stir the pineapple chunks, along with the juice, into the rice and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Season to taste and serve with the chicken placed on top of the rice.

That sounds lovely, I imagine it would make quite a nice reheatable lunchtime dish... Might have to give that a go. I'm always nervous about cooking rice in a pan, I have my faithful microwave rice cooker which I completely rely on, I mess up every time I try and cook on the hob lol! I need to get a bit braver

Good morning all,

Jeez what a windy night it was here. It woke me up a few times. Then I had a dream about my dad (dad died in November). So I woke up crying, it was silly really because my dad wasn't actually in the dream it was about his funeral and my niece had drawn a book to thank everyone for coming. Very strange I don't know what made me dream about that. I very rarely remember my dreams so it was strange waking up to that one.

So that was at about 6am, typical when it's the weekend and I can have a lie in I wake up at stupid oclock!

Anyway not a lot planned for today, need to nip out and get a few bits later and then I think I'm painting coving and putting up curtains in my dining room. Wow what a fun day I have planned, lol!!

What's everyone else got planned? Hope you all have a great day.x

Morning Littlemiss. :)
Yep that wind sure had a lot to answer for! No sleep from 12-4! Played candy crush all night!
Kids very lively this morning but i feel like death warmed up!!
Sympothise with your dream, I believe dreams you remember have a meaning. I might look it up for you and see what comes up. (If you dont think im a wierdo)
Anyway hope you have a good day, ive planned to do zilch...:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning Littlemiss. :)
Yep that wind sure had a lot to answer for! No sleep from 12-4! Played candy crush all night!
Kids very lively this morning but i feel like death warmed up!!
Sympothise with your dream, I believe dreams you remember have a meaning. I might look it up for you and see what comes up. (If you dont think im a wierdo)
Anyway hope you have a good day, ive planned to do zilch...:D

Morning hun,
Yes the wind does have a lot to answer to. So far part of our roof has come down, our big wooden back door has blown off it's hinges and the garage door has managed to swing open and break! Luckily we are getting a new garage and outside door soon but it's just a pain as we are still waiting for the planning to come through.

How is it that hubby and kids have managed to snore their way through it all and are still fast asleep now??

As for my dream, it is so rare that I remember my dreams that sometimes I think they must have a meaning. It's strange because I think about my dad all the time so you would think if I was going to dream about him I would dream earlier in the night rather than in the morning. If you find out what it means yes please do let me know.xx

This is all I could find. Does it make any sense?
"You may be worrying too much about your health or perhaps you want to bury the past. The only constant in life is change. The past is dead and buried so now embrace the present and look forward to the future"
Dads just telling you hes about. My eldest (10) used to talk to "grandad" id never met him (died in 1984) but my hubby says that some of the things she said only he could have told her. I think of it as a sign that hes here watching us. Just gives me a bit a warmth rather than fear.
I would however be inclined to contact your niece and see if shes ok.
Right enough dreaming, really got to go and see whats to eat Im starving!..
Have a nice day. :)

Back