Liz's CD Diet to Goal

Happy for you Liz... 7lbs done & dusted!

xxx

Am shattered. Forgotten how much even the slightest bit of exercise can tire me when I'm on ss or ss+.

Had bags of energy (must be the ketosis) so came upstairs and went on a tidying spree. Put all clothes away, tidied bathroom, made beds, cleared out spare room (putting all old clothes in black bags to take to charity shop), ironed top for today and then did a few weights. My eyes are closing and I need a nap!
Think will lay off doing anything else for the rest of the day - body can't cope with it! Don't know how some people manage to exercise in these early stages, I couldn't.

Scales said 12.1.6 this morning :) Long way from the 12.10.6 on Monday. Very happy, but will be even happier when I get back to the 11's.

Well done Liz, you have done so well! Thankyou very much for your kind words and encouragement, they mean a lot. You are inspiring me not to give up.

Liz - I need a nap after just reading your post!! I miss the ketosis rush...carb lethargy is not quite the same and my house is a tip as a result :D

Liz - I need a nap after just reading your post!! I miss the ketosis rush...carb lethargy is not quite the same and my house is a tip as a result :D

Haha. Shame it doesn't stay forever though. Slept for about 2.5 hours and feel much better for it now!

Hey Liz, have been away for a bit so just catching up on diaries... So much of what you wrote (sorry forgot to quote before I started writing). The umming and the ahing, and the what will I do to get rid of these excess lbs I have put on sounds very familiar.

I think it sounds like you are doing the right plan for you, and you can see that on the scales already. I like your plan about starting with your current weight, rather than you original starting weight, I may do something similar.

I have put on about 3" on my waist and I know that is down to bad carbs. My tummy can balloon up something horrific at the moment, not nice to look at.

Hope you have had a good weekend, I need to go and write up my diary and then do some ironing (how exciting!) xx

Thanks Wales. Not nice for you the inch increase, but it's reassuring to know that others get it too.
Hard to believe it can increase so much with not a massive weight increase really.

Struggling a little bit today. Think it's because I didn't sleep well and it's the weekend and the first one where we haven't either been on holiday or doing something nice when we got back.

Still, have managed to get through it. Have a choc mint shake left for later on. Played Tomb Raider earlier on to take my mind off food!

It's the same as before - not hungry, but the head cravings seem to take forever to go. Last night I was lying in bed fantasising about all of the nice things that I ate in Orlando. Today I've been saying 'just one tin of tuna won't hurt.'

It would hurt me though. The slightest blip and I find excuses daily. I have a few things coming up that I can't get away from coming up - a client lunch, BF's Grandma birthday meal and Christmas party on 3rd December. Am going to make healthy choices and hope for the best.

We're going to watch a film soon, so might have shake beforehand. Then early night I think. Hope everyone is well.

Still not into the 11's yet and really thought that I would be by this morning. Feeling a bit crappy today. Think I have a temperature. Had a cold shower with window open, but now am in work am freezing :(

Dropped dog off at Parents and said I felt a bit rough and my Mum said 'you do look a bit pale' (thanks Mum, that's because my tan is fading) I also 'look tired,' which is something my Mum has started to say so often to me that I'm beginning to get a complex.

In fact, it's really p*ssing me off. I know that she means well and is probably just empathising, but I've spent time doing my hair and makeup, I have blusher on, I don't look pale and I hope I don't look tired.

Told her I didn't think I looked tired and that I'd got makeup on and have meetings today and she's giving me a complex keep telling me I look tired.

Probably overreacting, but almost every day when I go to pick up the dog after work she says something like 'how was work? and I say 'busy, am tired' and she says 'yes, you look tired.'

I'm starting to think I must have massive bags under my eyes or bloodshot eyes or something.

Needed to rant.

Hugs Liz, I have a mum like this too... means well but drives you scatty. I wonder if she is worried about CD and just projecting her worries? Mine was a nightmare when I was on the diet proper, offering me cream cakes, choc & biscuits daily 'you'll make yourself ill! Just a little one won't matter!'

I hope you feel better soon, knowing you are just a breath away from the 11s must be a great feeling. Chin up hun and keep going... mums are sent to try us, sometimes.

xxx

I hope you feel better soon, knowing you are just a breath away from the 11s must be a great feeling. Chin up hun and keep going... mums are sent to try us, sometimes.

xxx

Oh yes, they really are!

Day hasn't been good today. Was so focused, but had a client lunch. Had a chicken salad, but it also had bacon and tomato in it and a french dressing.

Then had a shake.

Then came home and had some tuna, with light mayo, following by a piece of haddock, followed by 3.5 sausages with curry sauce.

There's carbs in the curry sauce and probably in the sausage and obviously high cals. Get weighed tomorrow.

Know it's probably because I was hacked off at not getting into the 11's. Plus am feeling a little off colour, with stomach upset and felt like eating, but didn't stop.

Bit crap really.

Hoping I can get back on SS+ wagon tomorrow. It's only been a week. Didn't cave at all last time. It's client lunches that do it for me. Will have to be aware and exercise more willpower.

What you ate wasn't that bad and I think you'd have been very lucky to have been into the 11's so soon. Feeling crummy doesn't help either.
Don't worry about it, just plod on, it'll come off soon and we'll all cheer like mad for you!! Hope you feel better soon. :)

Cold showers? Window open? Brrrrrr!!!:eek:

Agree with Bess. The 11s are not far away, but you have to be patient... you lost a LOT this week, your body needs to catch up. And your food seems OK, the sausages maybe a blip, but not fatal. Cut yourself some slack, hun... you're doing fine. Big Tuesday hugs, & feel better soon.

xxx

Thanks guys :) x

Was 2lbs heavier today on the scales, but just have to not freak out I guess, like you say, and get back to it.

Got weigh in at 5:30. Had a really long day at work - can't wait to get home really!

Nope, just plod on with the rest of us. Plod, plod, plod........ :)

You're doing so well though Liz, 8lb down is awesome. Stay focused & the rest will follow... plod, plod, plod!

xxx

Plod plod plodding. Went to see CD lady. Lost 3lbs (to add to the 5lbs that I lost from Monday to the Wed that I saw her)

Have had tuna tonight, but a better choice than the fish and chips that I fancied and I don't even like that when I'm not dieting (gone mad!)
Am also going to have my shake.
Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to read the new CD mag for inspiration tonight.
Hope everyone is good today :)

So that's 8lbs?!! More than half a stone? Nearly 4 bags of sugar, more than a bag of potatoes, nearly 16 blocks of butter, oh well done you!!!! :happy096:

Wow Liz, congrats on the 8lbs overall - awesome! Think reading the CD mag is a good idea, I will go and fish one out for later today. Have you lost any of the inches off your waist yet? I am hoping that they will come off nice and quickly as they are just bloating but know that won't happen overnight.

Hope you have a good day xxx

Well done honey, much deserved and very inspiring. And well done on blanking the chips!

xxx

Back