Liz's CD Diet to Goal

Thanks Laura. I am on weightlossresources, which is what I did before CD. I lost 1 stone then in a month or so. I know the site works, which is why I am wondering if this is my 'set point' like you say, but from reading KD's posts on that, I know I can move past it.

I've been on this weight for 5 weeks now in effect. I got to 11.5, then had a weekend off and put on 3lbs. The following week I lost the 3lbs and then have STS.

WLR assigns me 1100 based upon my weight, height, age etc and then I eat my exercise calories as well.

Every day I do 20 mins on x-trainer (sometimes two lots, depending on energy). I try to go on first thing in the morning. I also do 3x12 reps on arm weights, lunges, squats, press ups, sit up, leg raises. Do this 2-3 times daily. I walk the dog around twice a day.

So I do a lot of exercise and I eat the cals, but my body seems stuck.

I suspect it's because I went from 810 to 1200 (after having the hypoglycemic episode). My CDC said some people actually put on going up the stages, so perhaps I should be pleased I haven't.

I just feel that my metabolism is maybe not up to normal yet - anyone know how long it takes?

I need to get my arse out the door but can try to help you later if it helps. What kind of calories are you on now? How long have you been on that? Do you know your BMR? And how hard are you working out when you do the cardio? Do you take measurements too? Exactly how long have you been stuck on this weight? Just a few initial thoughts. You are right - the weight will come off.

Of course I'm still an experiment myself at the moment. There's so many things I don't know and I could well be cocking up my own weight loss with the adjustments I'm making. And the beginnest unknown for me right now is my metabolism - exactly how slow is it???

The other thing to consider is that our body does apparently have setpoints - darn it and I find I always get stuck just over 10 stone which is where I am now. The weight will start to move again but it always happens just before I hit the nines!

Thanks for the words of encouragement Katy.

I promised myself I wasn't going to get hung up on the scales, but it's more curiosity than anything else.

I am quite interested in why I have this sticking point. I've actually never been below this weight come to think about it.

I will hang on and trust that it will go, like you say. :)

It will work Liz, it has to... if you are 100% then the weight will go. But I had some weeks like this on 850 & 1000, and I know they are annoying and demoralising, but I learned to hang on and trust that it would be OK, and the next week or week after that, I'd get a big loss. Sometimes I think your body hits a 'sticking point' where it would like to be, and it takes a bit of effort to push it below that & keep that downward trend.

Or... it could still be hormones maybe?

Or... KD of Laura best to advise here... could it be the exercise?

Hugs and chin up, you can do this.

xxx

Definately disregard your scales at the minute, You know if you you are being 100% or not, even if its not reflecting in your scale weight.
Likewise, I know when I have over eaten and things starting to feel a bit tight and hesitantly step on the scales, I have been amazed to find I have stayed the same or put a pound on or something. Just goes to show how it works both ways! x

Thanks Sleepbird.
You know I'm starting to think maybe I'll not weigh daily at this stage.
I feel like I'm gradually getting better (in terms of food issues)

In the beginning I weighed daily and the scale result led me to behave in a certain way - binge or starve, happy or sad.

Now I am at the stage where I weigh daily and it is not making me binge or starve. Still making me either happy or sad and that's where the problem is.

I think the next stage will be not weighing daily and just trusting myself and the diet.

The final stage will be weighing daily to keep an eye on things, but not letting it impact my mood at all.

Definately disregard your scales at the minute, You know if you you are being 100% or not, even if its not reflecting in your scale weight.
Likewise, I know when I have over eaten and things starting to feel a bit tight and hesitantly step on the scales, I have been amazed to find I have stayed the same or put a pound on or something. Just goes to show how it works both ways! x

In the beginning I weighed daily and the scale result led me to behave in a certain way - binge or starve, happy or sad.

Now I am at the stage where I weigh daily and it is not making me binge or starve. Still making me either happy or sad and that's where the problem is.

i dont know if thats a bad thing? surely its how you deal with those emotions that are key and if its not making you change the way you eat (which it shouldnt) then thats ok?
Is it worth weighing daily and plotting your weight fluctuations?
xx

Thanks Laura. I am on weightlossresources, which is what I did before CD. I lost 1 stone then in a month or so. I know the site works, which is why I am wondering if this is my 'set point' like you say, but from reading KD's posts on that, I know I can move past it.

I've been on this weight for 5 weeks now in effect. I got to 11.5, then had a weekend off and put on 3lbs. The following week I lost the 3lbs and then have STS.

WLR assigns me 1100 based upon my weight, height, age etc and then I eat my exercise calories as well.

Every day I do 20 mins on x-trainer (sometimes two lots, depending on energy). I try to go on first thing in the morning. I also do 3x12 reps on arm weights, lunges, squats, press ups, sit up, leg raises. Do this 2-3 times daily. I walk the dog around twice a day.

So I do a lot of exercise and I eat the cals, but my body seems stuck.

I suspect it's because I went from 810 to 1200 (after having the hypoglycemic episode). My CDC said some people actually put on going up the stages, so perhaps I should be pleased I haven't.

I just feel that my metabolism is maybe not up to normal yet - anyone know how long it takes?
If I knew that, I'd be a very happy girl :) Noone seems to know but I guess realistically everyone will be different. I can't imagine it'd be anything slower than the speed we move up the plans at, though a lot? of people do still lose weight.

I've always had an issue with WLR setting a minimum of 1100 net calories (instead of the 'standard' 1200) and when I asked them about it, they said they had the evidence but wouldn't send it to me. If I were you, I'd actually try to up the calories a bit as I think WLR can underestimate calories. Also, try mixing up your routine a bit - whether it's doing a different kind of exercise, or intervals on the step etc.

Thanks Sleepbird.
You know I'm starting to think maybe I'll not weigh daily at this stage.
I feel like I'm gradually getting better (in terms of food issues)

I think the next stage will be not weighing daily and just trusting myself and the diet.

The final stage will be weighing daily to keep an eye on things, but not letting it impact my mood at all.
Hmm I can weigh up to a stone more than I do now and still fit into my current clothes so I don't think I will ever do that again :) However weighing once a week may be better. Do you measure yourself? You may find changes there.

Wish i knew the answer to that one. I see my CDC tomorrow and know I am in for a 'bad' WI, ie, either gain or STS from the last time I saw her three weeks ago. In that time, the weight has been lost & gained again! I feel in a better place now, steadier, and I weigh every day on my own scales, so wondering whether NOT to weigh with CDC. I think it will throw me off course, and I don't want anything to do that, it took such a fight to claw my way back on track. And CDC does not understand, at all. She is nice, but doesn't get the see-saw thing or binge thing, and her solutions are not what I'd want, either, as she uses CD products to stay at goal rather than ever going off them. I want to go off them, when I can.

So. Thinking, buy some more supplies, arrange to see her in a month, and don't weigh?

Oops... thread hijack here. I am sorry! Just started me thinking.

xxx

Think maybe you're right about plotting daily fluctuations, then I can look at it scientifically, as opposed to emotionally.

For me it is a bad thing - it's good that I don't binge/starve, but the happy/sad thing is not good because it's more like a complete descent into a deep depression! Last time I moved up to 1000 and didn't lost weight I had a complete panic breakdown (that's when I went back on my tablets) because I couldn't bear the thought of not losing.

I suppose I have moved on considerably from then though :)

i dont know if thats a bad thing? surely its how you deal with those emotions that are key and if its not making you change the way you eat (which it shouldnt) then thats ok?
Is it worth weighing daily and plotting your weight fluctuations?
xx

Thanks Laura, but I'm happy on 1100 for the time being. It worked effectively for me last time, so I know it does work. The weight dropped off last time.

I think maybe you're right about mixing up the routine though. I might change my x-trainer programme or start power walking or something.

If I knew that, I'd be a very happy girl :) Noone seems to know but I guess realistically everyone will be different. I can't imagine it'd be anything slower than the speed we move up the plans at, though a lot? of people do still lose weight.

I've always had an issue with WLR setting a minimum of 1100 net calories (instead of the 'standard' 1200) and when I asked them about it, they said they had the evidence but wouldn't send it to me. If I were you, I'd actually try to up the calories a bit as I think WLR can underestimate calories. Also, try mixing up your routine a bit - whether it's doing a different kind of exercise, or intervals on the step etc.

Hmm I can weigh up to a stone more than I do now and still fit into my current clothes so I don't think I will ever do that again :) However weighing once a week may be better. Do you measure yourself? You may find changes there.

I feel a little like this.
Was due to see CDC today, but can't as no car. So going next week, as have enough packs left.

ATM I am calorie counting, as opposed to using the little yellow book as my bible. I am incorporating 1 or 2 tetras a day into my calorie allowance.

I spoke to my CDC today and she was talking about going back to see her monthly to help with maintenance and maybe having 1 tetra a day.

However, although I did think I would do that originally, I now don't want to. I am on hols in about 11 days. I want to do what I am doing until then, go on hols and come back to what I am doing.

Wish i knew the answer to that one. I see my CDC tomorrow and know I am in for a 'bad' WI, ie, either gain or STS from the last time I saw her three weeks ago. In that time, the weight has been lost & gained again! I feel in a better place now, steadier, and I weigh every day on my own scales, so wondering whether NOT to weigh with CDC. I think it will throw me off course, and I don't want anything to do that, it took such a fight to claw my way back on track. And CDC does not understand, at all. She is nice, but doesn't get the see-saw thing or binge thing, and her solutions are not what I'd want, either, as she uses CD products to stay at goal rather than ever going off them. I want to go off them, when I can.

So. Thinking, buy some more supplies, arrange to see her in a month, and don't weigh?

Oops... thread hijack here. I am sorry! Just started me thinking.

xxx

Woke up feeling a little fed up, as scales showing 11.4.4 and have had no movement on measurements yet, but took them again just in case and have lost some inches.

Also updated my goals to focus on my measurements.

Just been on x-trainer and done exercises/weights etc. Going to have some porridge now and then try and do some work.

Laptop is playing up a little and think it's about to die. Had to run all sorts of diagnostics this morning and it seems to have helped a little.

Eek... hope that laptop holds out! Well done on the inch loss hon... I wonder if the lack of weight loss is muscle weight as you tone up? Looking at my legs in bath last night & still flabby although slim, so that needs to change! Walking to caff to meet CDC in a minute, it all helps... plus I get my shot of sunshine!

xxx

Thanks Katy :)

It's funny because the slimmer I get the more I notice the flab! That is keeping me focused. Maybe you are right and I am quite happy with my shape, so I am focusing on that :)

Enjoy seeing your CDC!

Eek... hope that laptop holds out! Well done on the inch loss hon... I wonder if the lack of weight loss is muscle weight as you tone up? Looking at my legs in bath last night & still flabby although slim, so that needs to change! Walking to caff to meet CDC in a minute, it all helps... plus I get my shot of sunshine!

xxx

Well done on the inch loss, Id rather have that at the minute rather than scale loss. Really must start to be more active, feel put to shame reading some peoples diaries lol! xx

Have you got a diary Sleepbird? Must go and have a look!

Well done on the inch loss, Id rather have that at the minute rather than scale loss. Really must start to be more active, feel put to shame reading some peoples diaries lol! xx

Hey Liz

Good news on the inches off! I know that my weight can increase significantly dependent on the time of the month, obv cycle related but not just around TOTM if that makes sense. So now my weight is less these gains are going to show more, so am trying to be more comfortable with them. Inches off is definitely a great yardstick - I have put on 2lbs but my ass isn't 2 inches bigger (she says running off to find the tape measure). And I know you are one for using clothes sizes to measure your progress.

I am on hols in about 11 days. I want to do what I am doing until then, go on hols and come back to what I am doing.

I think that is a very sensible approach - your hols are so close :eek: there is no point changing your plans.

Hope your laptop makes it through!

Great point about there being less weight so it showing more on the scales if you fluctuate, hadn't thought of that.
Another good point about not changing plans so close to hols - not much point! Am in a happy place now as well.

Morning Liz, hope all is good with you and hope you have a fab weekend!

Stay in that 'happy place' Liz... and have a fab weekend. Sunny AGAIN!!!!

xxx

Hey Liz,
Just wanted to say a quick hello trying to catch up on everyones diaries..
Sounds like your doing fab hon, even though it doesnt show on the scales always at least you can see by the inches..
Wow not long till Amercia I bet you cant wait now..
Sounds like you are all prepared clothes wise and how exciting to wear a bikini.....
I honestly wish I would have had more bikinis with me I ended up taking only 3 bikinis and the rest tankinis but I found once you wear one once you want to carry on wearing them..
You are going to look great........
Count down now xxx

Back