Liz's CD Diet to Goal

Great news on the movement on the scales Liz (I too had a small drop this morning).

Good luck with the car shopping, how exciting - hope your luck does change...

Thank guys :) Just got back and not much around, but we're off to auction tomorrow, which is where I got my car from, so maybe we'll get a bargain!
Off to catch up with everyone else now.

Scales show 11.3.4 this morning. It's very strange not going into panic mode automatically, but I figure I have to trust myself and my bod at some point. I am doing everything right, so nothing can go wrong in the long term, so why fret. Easier said than done sometimes, but am feeling proud of myself for getting to this point after freaking out so dramatically last time I wasn't losing much :)

Plan for the day:

Porridge
Cross trainer for 20 mins
Weights, squats, lunges etc
Shower
Walk dog
Take care to garage
Doctors to assess antidepressants and pick up tranqs for flight
Shake/lunch
Auction to get BF a car
Snack
Catch up with work
Cross trainer (if have the energy)
Dinner
Sleep!

Hope all goes to plan. Have a good Monday everyone x

You are doing the right thing Liz by using the scales as a guide, not as decision maker :)

Btw, I've been told it's better to do the weights before the cardio to give your muscles so you maintain as much strength and energy as possible. If you google this, you'll find some people say cardio first then weights, others say weights than cardio but just thought I'd pass that one. It made doing cardio harder at first but now I think it's good for my muscles.

Thanks for that Laura. I tend to do the arm weights first, as they're upstairs where I get changed, then I do cross trainer, lunges, squats, legs raises, press ups etc afterwards.
I'll try doing all of those before cross trainer today like you suggest and let you know how I get on :)

Liz, haven't had chance to read whole thread yet, but checking in to say hiya... when you started the diary I was in a bad place with my eating and just using my own diary, so I have missed out on saying hi properly. But you have posted on my thread, which was lovely, so wanted to call over and say thanks! We can do this... we WILL do this!

xxx

Hi Liz, how are things, was the car auction today? If so how did you get on? Hope everything else is good too...

Thanks Katy, that was really sweet of you :) I can understand that you were focused on what was going on with you, but last time I read your diary you sounded a lot more positive and on track!

Liz, haven't had chance to read whole thread yet, but checking in to say hiya... when you started the diary I was in a bad place with my eating and just using my own diary, so I have missed out on saying hi properly. But you have posted on my thread, which was lovely, so wanted to call over and say thanks! We can do this... we WILL do this!

xxx

Hey Sunshine, hey Wales :)

Day was manic today, but a good day for BF (not so good for me lol)

We got him a car!!! It's a ford focus zetec 1.8, 1999, 78k miles, excellent condition with recent cambelt change, tyres and full service history (I sound like an advert!) for £1,500. So he's really pleased.

I've also completely overhauled his finances and he's in a much better place now and less stressed, plus I've managed to make it so he has some spending money on hols. I like doing finance things and he detests it and gets confused.

Bad news for me is I took my old Golf to the garage to get the clutch fixed and found out it needs a new gearbox as well. Need to get these sorted before I can sell it. I will sell for around £1000 with these things done, but will cost £300 to fix them. I HATE the car and just want to see the back of it.

Am just pleased that BF is sorted though and that our money situation isn't quite as dire as I thought.
Plus am seeing CDC on Wed after her hols (she's been away for 2 weeks ) and am looking forward to seeing her.

Doctor gave me 5mg tabs of diazepam for the flight :) and increased my antidepressants by 10mg, as still feeling a little shaky. He is such a lovely dr and after so many years of seeing different ones (forces child) it's nice to have one who I think is fantastic and understanding. So I was in quite a good mood coming out of the surgery for a change. Oh, and my oestrogen level test came back and is normal! Yay :)

Going to sit down, have a coffee and catch up with everyone's else diaries now. Only just sat down and feel like I've been running around all day.

Hi Liz.... have read through your diary, finally.... hope you get your car sorted out soon, I have recently had to have my gearbox rebuilt as my reverse just disappeared and it cost me over £1000, so cars aren't in my good books at the moment either, especially as about a week later it cost us £300 to get DHs car through its MOT... serves me right for having a big car I guess, although I do need it with all my children.
Well done on your weight loss, excellent amount and getting close to goal now.... I was supposed to see my CDC this week as I have a monthly meeting now that I have reached goal and am maintaining, but my son has to see a consultant at the hospital so have had to change it to next week, just aswell after my week last week... lol
Keep up the good work, take care.

Hope the antidepressants start to kick in hon. You sound so organized and energetic, and look so happy in your pic, horrid to think you are having probs. I guess we all do, though, I should know! You are very smart to get some help on board.

Sounds like you had a very busy day... well done with the new car & finances, wish you'd come & sort mine lol! Hope your own car is sorted soon. Big hugs.

xxx

Hey, you're doing better than me, as I still haven't read them all :) Although I always read your posts as you've done so well and it's really motivational.

Yes, cars are a real pain. We don't seem to have much luck. £1000 is a massive amount - poor you :(

Hope the monthly meetings help you with maintaining. I always think that must be a lot harder than the losing bit!

Hope your son gets on okay at the hospital :)

Hi Liz.... have read through your diary, finally.... hope you get your car sorted out soon, I have recently had to have my gearbox rebuilt as my reverse just disappeared and it cost me over £1000, so cars aren't in my good books at the moment either, especially as about a week later it cost us £300 to get DHs car through its MOT... serves me right for having a big car I guess, although I do need it with all my children.
Well done on your weight loss, excellent amount and getting close to goal now.... I was supposed to see my CDC this week as I have a monthly meeting now that I have reached goal and am maintaining, but my son has to see a consultant at the hospital so have had to change it to next week, just aswell after my week last week... lol
Keep up the good work, take care.

Thanks hun. I feel a lot more relaxed since I've been on them, but hopefully this increase will take me completely back to normality!

Thanks for the best wishes on the car. Hopefully the whole car ordeal will be over. Nothing is going to stop us enjoying our hols!

Hope your day is going well :)

Hope the antidepressants start to kick in hon. You sound so organized and energetic, and look so happy in your pic, horrid to think you are having probs. I guess we all do, though, I should know! You are very smart to get some help on board.

Sounds like you had a very busy day... well done with the new car & finances, wish you'd come & sort mine lol! Hope your own car is sorted soon. Big hugs.

xxx

Where are you going on hols again?

xxx

Hi Liz, from me too. I've replied to you on my thread - don't know if you'll have time to look. Nice to see you here. Florida soon, how exciting!

Thanks everyone. Yes Florida we're off to, in less than 2 weeks, can't wait.

Not had chance to catch up on diaries today as increased my tablets this morning and am really struggling to keep my eyes open. Remember this feeling when I first went on them, but didn't think a 10mg increase would wipe me out so much.
Think am going to have to have a nap. Haven't even got the energy to make food, so might just have a tetra.
Hope this doesn't last too long, as only got 1.5 weeks at work and really need to knuckle down before hols :(
Hope everyone else is having a more energetic day :)

hi liz, just been having a brouse about the maintenance site and started reading this and your fabulous! I'm so impressed with your attitude! :)

just wanted to ask, i've just gone onto prozac and i'm feeling like poo....hoping to just work through it as i know the anti-d's are necessary at the moment but wasnt sure it was related or not!

When is it you go on holdiay? I'm so jealous! I would love to go florida!!!!

xx

Back