Liz's CD Diet to Goal

Hope you are feeling brighter soon hon... both of you actually! Florida... wow! Have never been there. It sounds hot and faraway and fab! Hope you've got that bikini packed!

xxx

Thank you Lizz, what a lovely thing to say :)
I used to be on prozac/fluoxetine, but changed over to citalopram, as it was mainly for anxiety and citalopram are good for that.

For me I just get an overwhelming tiredness with them. It normally goes after 2-3 weeks. As I've increased my dose I'm getting it. It's usually mid afternoon at it's worst.

How are you feeling? When did you start yours?

We're off to Gatwick on 20th Sep, but fly out the next day.

Thanks Katy :) I actually have got a bikini. I have NEVER actually worn a bikini. Even though I wasn't a big teenager I have never felt comfortable in my skin. America does everything bigger and better (including the people being bigger!!) so I'm not self conscious at all.

hi liz, just been having a brouse about the maintenance site and started reading this and your fabulous! I'm so impressed with your attitude! :)

just wanted to ask, i've just gone onto prozac and i'm feeling like poo....hoping to just work through it as i know the anti-d's are necessary at the moment but wasnt sure it was related or not!

When is it you go on holdiay? I'm so jealous! I would love to go florida!!!!

xx

You shouldn't be self-conscious, be proud!

I was a slim teen (9st odd) but didn't think I was... my one and only bikini was when I was 16 & I only wore it once, convinced I looked like a whale. WTF???

BUT... was in Brisbane on a work overseas trip in may, had a day off & went by myself to swim in hotel pool. For the first time in my whole life I didn't feel ashamed to be in a swimmy (not a bikini but a halter neck polka dot number, so different from the spud-sack speedo types of yesteryear). It was an amazing feeling.

Wear that bikini with pride!

My mum is on citalopram (?) so your comments give me good insight for her. It has REALLY helped her... & she is possibly the most anxious person in the known universe. Snuggle in Liz and have a lazy afternoon... your body will soon adjust.

xxx

For me I just get an overwhelming tiredness with them. It normally goes after 2-3 weeks. As I've increased my dose I'm getting it. It's usually mid afternoon at it's worst.

How are you feeling? When did you start yours?

QUOTE]

Only started them friday morning, and the tiredness i could cope with, but i cant cope with the rest of how i'm feeling. Got no energy, tired constantly, no appitite, aching all over, massive headaches & constantly cold! just feel generally rotten all over! :( Hoping its not anything to do with the tablets.... :(

Cant believe its so soon that you go! I'm oh so very jealous! Do you mind me asking if its cost you a fortune to go? I really want us to go but worry about the cost!

xx

Isn't it funny how we think we're big when we're younger, or are just not that happy - I would be happy with my younger figure, although I am happy now as well finally!

It's reassuring to hear they've helped your mum Katy. They have completely taken the edge of my anxiety, but whereas I used to be on 40mg I went onto 20mg this time round and it just didn't feel enough. I think 30mg will be fine :)

You shouldn't be self-conscious, be proud!

I was a slim teen (9st odd) but didn't think I was... my one and only bikini was when I was 16 & I only wore it once, convinced I looked like a whale. WTF???

BUT... was in Brisbane on a work overseas trip in may, had a day off & went by myself to swim in hotel pool. For the first time in my whole life I didn't feel ashamed to be in a swimmy (not a bikini but a halter neck polka dot number, so different from the spud-sack speedo types of yesteryear). It was an amazing feeling.

Wear that bikini with pride!

My mum is on citalopram (?) so your comments give me good insight for her. It has REALLY helped her... & she is possibly the most anxious person in the known universe. Snuggle in Liz and have a lazy afternoon... your body will soon adjust.

xxx

I struggle mainly with the tiredness as it impacts on work. I have a lack of energy and lack of appetite too. Hardly had anything today, but have just had a big bowl of porridge for my evening meal :)

The cold and the headaches could just be SS/lack of water or you could be coming down with something. Some people get other side effects with antidepressants, but they usually wear off quite soon, so hang on in there hun.

Happy to break down the price of the holiday. You can do it quite cheaply if you want to. Ours wasn't cheap, but I got some good deals too:

Flights x2 with BA economy = £852, but you can get indirect flights for cheaper
Hotel suite (with full kitchen) = £762, cost £1500 direct with hotel, but booked through greatlaterooms.
Tickets (Disney and Universal) x2 = 684
Car (with caronthedrive.com) = £400, this can be done for £100 cheaper, but we wanted to be picked up at the airport
Resort fee (have to pay this at a lot of hotels)= £100

We have other things like discovery cover, Killers concert, hotel and parking at Gatwick.

If you look around there are deals to be had. I booked it all separately as it was sooo much cheaper. My BF called some travel agents and asked them if they could beat the price and they were gobsmacked at how cheap we'd got things and said no.

Was completely worried about spending money though, as we're skint now. Hopefully we'll be okay, but we're not taking much.

Only started them friday morning, and the tiredness i could cope with, but i cant cope with the rest of how i'm feeling. Got no energy, tired constantly, no appitite, aching all over, massive headaches & constantly cold! just feel generally rotten all over! :( Hoping its not anything to do with the tablets.... :(

Cant believe its so soon that you go! I'm oh so very jealous! Do you mind me asking if its cost you a fortune to go? I really want us to go but worry about the cost!

xx

Hi Liz, sorry the tablets are taking their toll on you, better now than on your hols though I suppose.

And wow, Killers tickets - that'll be brilliant.

And as for that bikini, you know you will look awesome girlfriend (said in snappy American drawl - apols to any Americans on the site) ;)

KILLERS CONCERT!!!! Jealous, me? Any room in your bag for me, Liz?

xxx

Right back atcha girlfriend ;)

Hi Liz, sorry the tablets are taking their toll on you, better now than on your hols though I suppose.

And wow, Killers tickets - that'll be brilliant.

And as for that bikini, you know you will look awesome girlfriend (said in snappy American drawl - apols to any Americans on the site) ;)

Thanks Laura and Katy. It is quite a big case actually and won't be very full on the way out!

Right, done agility with dog and now going to catch up with everyone's diaries. Sat with coffee. Early night for me I think though.

What??? The Killers??? How dare you go without me!!!!! lol Been to see them twice so far this year, once in Feb at the o2 and once in July at the Royal Albert Hall, plus I saw them supporting U2 in Poland in July 2005 and in Berlin in March 2007..... they are awesome.... lucky you....

Wow, twice this year - lucky you!!!
Bet the U2 concert with them was fab.
I'm thinking you're some kind of super uber fan now :D

What??? The Killers??? How dare you go without me!!!!! lol Been to see them twice so far this year, once in Feb at the o2 and once in July at the Royal Albert Hall, plus I saw them supporting U2 in Poland in July 2005 and in Berlin in March 2007..... they are awesome.... lucky you....

Flights x2 with BA economy = £852, but you can get indirect flights for cheaper
Hotel suite (with full kitchen) = £762, cost £1500 direct with hotel, but booked through greatlaterooms.
Tickets (Disney and Universal) x2 = 684
Car (with caronthedrive.com) = £400, this can be done for £100 cheaper, but we wanted to be picked up at the airport
Resort fee (have to pay this at a lot of hotels)= £100

oh my god thats a bargain hun!!
My mate went to florida and spent 6k on the trip!! EEEK!

hope you enjoy your early night hun!
I've got up for an hour, eaten :mad: and now come back to bed to punish myself (and cos i still feel like death warmed up!)

x

Aww you get yourself tucked up warm and forget about food and diets and anything else for a little while.

You'll hopefully be on the mend soon. Sending you hugs xx

oh my god thats a bargain hun!!
My mate went to florida and spent 6k on the trip!! EEEK!

hope you enjoy your early night hun!
I've got up for an hour, eaten :mad: and now come back to bed to punish myself (and cos i still feel like death warmed up!)

x

Well after being stuck on 11.4.6 for ever and then going down to 11.3, am back on 11.4.6 for some reason. Can't begin to understand why. Body seems stuck on this point and becoming convinced I'll never see 10 something.
I am doing nothing differently, not blipping, exercising and sticking to my calorie allowance. No TOTM as don't have it, not retaining water.

In the past I would have freaked out and binged or starved. I am going to just ignore the scales this time and carry on with what I'm doing. There's no way it cannot be working. Wondering if now that I am back to normal eating, albeit calorie counting, my metabolism is taking a while to speed up after SS+

As much as that is my plan, it's still disheartening to do everything right and see no scale movement or inch movement after seeing such movement on SS+.

Have just walked the dog, now for x-trainer. Hopefully will feel more chirpy after that :)

It will work Liz, it has to... if you are 100% then the weight will go. But I had some weeks like this on 850 & 1000, and I know they are annoying and demoralising, but I learned to hang on and trust that it would be OK, and the next week or week after that, I'd get a big loss. Sometimes I think your body hits a 'sticking point' where it would like to be, and it takes a bit of effort to push it below that & keep that downward trend.

Or... it could still be hormones maybe?

Or... KD of Laura best to advise here... could it be the exercise?

Hugs and chin up, you can do this.

xxx

Well after being stuck on 11.4.6 for ever and then going down to 11.3, am back on 11.4.6 for some reason. Can't begin to understand why. Body seems stuck on this point and becoming convinced I'll never see 10 something.
I am doing nothing differently, not blipping, exercising and sticking to my calorie allowance. No TOTM as don't have it, not retaining water.

In the past I would have freaked out and binged or starved. I am going to just ignore the scales this time and carry on with what I'm doing. There's no way it cannot be working. Wondering if now that I am back to normal eating, albeit calorie counting, my metabolism is taking a while to speed up after SS+

As much as that is my plan, it's still disheartening to do everything right and see no scale movement or inch movement after seeing such movement on SS+.

Have just walked the dog, now for x-trainer. Hopefully will feel more chirpy after that :)

I need to get my arse out the door but can try to help you later if it helps. What kind of calories are you on now? How long have you been on that? Do you know your BMR? And how hard are you working out when you do the cardio? Do you take measurements too? Exactly how long have you been stuck on this weight? Just a few initial thoughts. You are right - the weight will come off.

Of course I'm still an experiment myself at the moment. There's so many things I don't know and I could well be cocking up my own weight loss with the adjustments I'm making. And the beginnest unknown for me right now is my metabolism - exactly how slow is it???

The other thing to consider is that our body does apparently have setpoints - darn it and I find I always get stuck just over 10 stone which is where I am now. The weight will start to move again but it always happens just before I hit the nines!

Last edited:
Back