ProPoints Liz's Healthy Diary (hopefully)

Yay congratulations :) Bet you're so excited to be a nan again yay!! Food sounds yummy, sounds like you had a fab night! Enjoy your dinner today xxxxx

Awww congrats :) good luck for WI x

Thanks guys x
Had a sneaky WI this am, down a pound lol x will c if tomoz is diff x

Awh, congrats, what lovely news!
I'll haul out my recipe and type it in for you, it's pretty straight forwards, just more veggies (and to make it 1/3 veg for ee) to make up for the lack of thickening for the gravy and some changes to the mash topping to make it free

Well done for 1lb down :) x

Mornin loves
Thanks all x

WI was same as last wk, i think i need to change my WI day cos monday WI is too much pressure after wkend, gonna change to Fridays x

Will get back to drawing board today, eating out later so will try n b gud, going to salford studios to be in audience for Sarah Millican Show!

I hate mondays, im so tired x lol

wenchie said:
Awh, congrats, what lovely news!
I'll haul out my recipe and type it in for you, it's pretty straight forwards, just more veggies (and to make it 1/3 veg for ee) to make up for the lack of thickening for the gravy and some changes to the mash topping to make it free

Thanks sweet x

MrsLmc said:
Aww thats great! STS after the weekend is good. xx

I spose its not bad aye cheers babs xx

Just on way bak from manchester! Sarah millican show was great! But am starving, didnt hav time to eat b4! So we being norty calling for maccy ds on way home x

Todays menu:
B:
2 granary toast n marmite
L:
2 Light laughing cow cheese wrapped in Chicken slices n cup o soup
Snx:
2 biscuits
D:
Big mac meal with potato wedges :-(
(no option at 11pm!)
X

Last edited:
You didn't really eat much today anyway? Enjoy maccers, its a once off anyway :) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Hope Friday WI works for u :) x

azwethinkweiz said:
You didn't really eat much today anyway? Enjoy maccers, its a once off anyway :) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Aye i thought that, ta hun!
Ate at 11.00pm oh dear not good is it lol
X

Baby-belle said:
Hello I'm here to follow have just looked through your diary well done :)

Hi hun
Aw thanks, i will join ur diary too!
X ;-)

Morning
Well after six hrs sleep am pooped!

But i can hav a lie tomoz as its scan day, sppt is at 10.15 so going straight from home, i work in sheff n live in barnsley which is where my hosp is so b useless going to work first, hubby is taking the mornin off to go with me, bless him. But i hav to say i am dreading it, my sisters (who r nurses) say its ok u just hav a funny taste in ur mouth n feel like ur wet urself lol, n u hav to drink a white liquid which is the dye n they inject u aswell, hmm sounds lovely!

Its a funny old wk, n were only on tues; a funny show last night, a CT scan tomoz n its our 10th wedding anniversary on saturday, hubby is taking me somewhere for a surprise meal! Aw ;-) x i have bought him a canvas picture of us from our cruise.

btw i have put some pictures on my profile from our cruise if anyone wants a nosy but for some reason i cant look or download them via the app anymore, anyone hav this prob?
X

Happy tues, at least its no longer monday x

I'm at work, so I can't check your piccies atm, I'll try and remember to look tonight though :).

GOOD LUCK at the hospital, sounds like it'll be good to get that over with, anyway, and then on to the lovliness of your anniversary :D

Sounds like a good plan to move your WI day - I like having mine on a tuesday, it's still close enough to the weekend for me to keep it in mind and keep reigned in, but enough time to recover myself from a friday or saturday spend inadvisedly if I have to :D.

right, the recipe:

Feeds 4-5
Ingredients

• Beef or Lamb Mince (v. low fat)
  • 3 Medium Onions, Diced
  • 1tsp Dried Oregano (it’s more flavourful dried, so if you have fresh, use more)
  • 1tsp Dried Basil (or about half that of fresh)
  • 2 Stalks of Celery, finely sliced
  • 4 Medium Carrots, finely diced
  • 1/2 Pt Beef Stock
  • 2tbsp Worcester Sauce
  • 4 medium potatoes, mashed with
  • Quark
Method
Brown the mince (brown it a LOT, it should be really quite dark) and pour off the fat. Remove from pan and keep warmish with a tea towel over whatever bowl you bung it into. Gently saute the onion with frylight and a pinch of uncrushed sea salt (this absorbs the water that come out of the onion), cooking over a low heat and stirring regularly so it doesn’t burn or stick. Re-add the mince and add the carrot, celery, stock and herbs and cook slowly, stirring often, until they are softened.

While that's happening, boil and mash the potatoes, using quark and some of the cooking water to get them to a nice consistency. Quark adds a slightly sharp flavour, like a goat's cheese mash, and is lovely.

Once the carrots are soft, put the meat mix into a casserolle dish and top with the potatoes, using a fork to make them nice and ridgy. You can let it go cold, then finish off in an oven (about 20mins at 180/200ish) or bung in an oven at this stage, just for a bit less time. If you refrigerate it, take it out the fridge about an hour before you cook it off so it can come up to room temp. And that is free on EE (with a bit of extra veg on the side, I like cabbage) :D

Back