LIZZIES NEW START

Sounds like you've done really good today, very healthy. How did you make the curry? I'm rubbish at cooking so if its easy I'd appreciate the recipe :)

wow your food sounds very nice!!!!

I was just thinking that too Kes, although I think I'd prefer lamb over chicken

Day three
Breakfast : 28g porridge oats, milk, banana, nectarine.
Lunch : Home made lentil & ham soup (very filling)
Dinner : Quorn meatballs, home made tomato sauce, spaghetti
Snacks : grapes, apple, 1/4 pineapple, 1/2 grapefruit.

Pleasantly surprised at the Quorn meatballs, very nice indeed, tasted quite Italian although they said 'Swedish'. All the other Quorn products I've had have ranged between horrible and just OK, but I'll defo have these again.

PS - I've posted my low fat curry recipe on main Xenical forum.

Hey Lizzie, your new diary is great you sound like your extremely motivated and rarin to go!
21/2 pounds is brilliant, well done!

Thanks so much for posting on my diary when I was AWOL, i did come on and see that everyone had been asking for me and stuff and it definatly helped knowing you were all still here!

2010 - Come on!!

xx

Day Four
Breakfast : Full English, 2 rashers WW bacon, 1 low fat sausage (2.5 syns) 1 egg, 1/2 tin beans, 1 slice toast (H.ex.b)
Lunch : Ham salad, broccoli, carrot
Dinner : Home made low fat moussaka (fab-u-lous) (2 syns - low fat cheese)
Snacks : apple, pineapple.
syns left 51.5

Last edited:
Day five
Breakfast : 4 rashers WW bacon, tomatoes, beans
Lunch : 2 plaice fillets, loads of salad, V.low fat mayo (1 syn)
Dinner : Home made moussaka (2 syns) broccoli, carrots
Snacks : Pineapple, apple
1 bottle of v.expensive vintage red wine (because I'm worth it) 25 syns
syns left for week 23.5

Day Six
Breakfast : 1 slice toast (H.ex.b), 2 poached eggs.
Lunch : Low fat moussaka, tomatoes, cucumber, celery.
Dinner : Roast chicken (no skin) mashed potatoes (no butter) cabbage, carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn, gravy (1 syn)
Snacks : apple, pineapple 1 bottle wine (25 syns)
syns used this week 72.5

Last edited:
I love the quorn stuff, but I'm not much of a meat fan. I don't have a moral objection I'm just not a fan of the taste and texture.

We had the peppered steaks the other night for dinner, and my mum said she didn't like them. I wolfed mine down :D

Just got back from my 2nd weigh in and Ive lost 1 stinking measly lb. I'm really cheesed off cos I've been super vigilant sticking to the plan and have even cut down my portions this week, not to mention the fact that I'm taking the tablets again, which I wasnt doing last week (when I lost 2 1/2lbs) This is point when I usually eat something bad or open a bottle of wine to console myself, but I'm determined not to do that. As Red says, this is a marathon, not a sprint, but when you've got so much to lose its disheartening when it doesnt come rolling off. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

I'm sorry that you didn't loose as much as you wanted, but well done on not going off the rails and keeping on track.

You will get there, hope you have a fab week next week.

Thanks Becca. You are doing brill. 15lbs off in two weeks, I'm chuffed for you. If I had a jealous nature I'd be seething with envy. good on you girl. I made the pea curry with quorn last night, it was nice except theres something about quorn that puts me off. Next time I'll do it with a cut up chicken breast or lamb steak.

Food Diary - Week Three, Day One
Breakfast : 2 rashers WW bacon, 1 slice bread
Lunch : Home made veg soup
Dinner : Low fat lasange, (1 syn) salad.
Snacks : Broccoli, carrots, apples, plums.
Sins left for week 69

Last edited:
Thank you! I know what you mean about quorn, I'm not overly impressed by it, but then don't really like vegetables either!! I feel like if i keep eating and don't have too much processed food I might be able to readjust and enjoy it more.

Hope you have a good day today, are you up to much? I'm working later so depressed about that!!

No, not up to much, had to take Norm for accupunture this morning & a CT Scan this afternoon. Have to make high calorie meals for him to build him up, he's also been told to eat chocolate, so I have to get used to having that in the house and not eating it. Won't let it be a problem, I'd do anything to make him well. As I'm off work at the moment to care for him I do have the time to do separate meals. Didn't mean to bum you out, it sounds so depressing written down, but we're actually a very happy household. I dislike about 1/2 of all vegetables but the luckily the ones I like I can eat loads of and not get fed up, so thats OK. I make a juice with broccoli, carrots and loads of different fruits, which gets rid of 2 of my 5 a day, tastes much better than it sounds and is high in anti-oxidents. (Whatever they are!). What do you work at? Is it interesting?

No, not up to much, had to take Norm for accupunture this morning & a CT Scan this afternoon. Have to make high calorie meals for him to build him up, he's also been told to eat chocolate, so I have to get used to having that in the house and not eating it. Won't let it be a problem, I'd do anything to make him well. As I'm off work at the moment to care for him I do have the time to do separate meals. Didn't mean to bum you out, it sounds so depressing written down, but we're actually a very happy household. I dislike about 1/2 of all vegetables but the luckily the ones I like I can eat loads of and not get fed up, so thats OK. I make a juice with broccoli, carrots and loads of different fruits, which gets rid of 2 of my 5 a day, tastes much better than it sounds and is high in anti-oxidents. (Whatever they are!). What do you work at? Is it interesting?

Sounds like you're having a tough time with things, must be hard resisting temptation but sounds like you're doing well. I hope things get a bit easier for you.

Juice sounds like a good idea, we have got a juicer so may have to find it and start using it again.

I work for a company that sell Sky TV in east / south england. I look after some door to door sales people and do some sales management in the office, at the moment I'm working extra hours as my dh is not working. I enjoy it when i get there, just struggle with leaving my daughter as I'm not seeing her as much as I used to.

I'm working all day today so going to do some interview and then catch up on stuff.

I hope you have a good day :)

Hi, a loss of 1lb is great, think of it as a pound of butter in one week, you have lost that amount of your body already!!!!! not including the 2.5 pound lose as well, congratulations you should be proud

Thanks for the encouragement babe, I'm totally over my disappointment now and concentrating on having a good week. I realise I had very little exercise last week and that seems to be a key element to success. I made low fat lasagne last night but it was a bit dry, so I dont think I'll bother with that again (What can you expect when it had no cheese in it - sauce made with low fat fromage frais)

W3 D2
Breakfast : 2 slices bread 1 H.ex.b. 1 = 6 syns, 100g ham. banana.
Lunch : Low fat lasagne 1tbsp parmesan (H.ex.a.) Salad
Dinner : Prawn Paella.
Snacks : Home made ham broth with pulses.
Vegaetable juice, fruit. 200ml wine (7 syns)
Syns left for week 56.

Last edited:
Gets you trying new things though :)

Food Diary W3 D3
Breakfast : 3 rashers WW bacon, 2 scrambled eggs
Lunch : Ham & veg broth with pulses.
Dinner : Spaghetti bol. (low fat mince) 28g parmesan H.ex.a
Snacks : Vegetable juice, grapes, apple, orange.
Syns left for week : 56

Last edited:
Food Diary W3 D4
Breakfast : 28g porridge oats, milk, fruit.
Lunch : Ham & veg broth
Dinner : Linguini with prawns

Last edited:
Back