Lizzy's road to skinnydom

Hi hun,how are you feeling now?

(my brother went to the dentist a few days ago,the filling keeps coming out and he was sick and tired of going back with it so he had it pulled instead...lol )

i felt a bit low and crap the other day and didnt want to exercise but you know what... i did do it and i felt great after :)

maybe its true what they say exercise can make you feel good :eek:

I'm feeling a bit better now thanks Bunny. My mum does that. Instead of having fillings she just gets her teeth pulled! Shes got hardly any teeth at the back! I was only at the dentist last month for 2 fillings, I think I'm going to need another 1. Good for you that you exercised even though you felt rubbish, I wish I had some of that determination!

Well I went to the dentist today and the teeth that were hurting were the teeth that had the fillings put in last month. They have gone very sensitive and even drinking room temperature water was hurting. She said that when they drilled to put the fillings in the teeth can become more sensitive because of exposed nerves and the bond might have worn down and thats why its hurting now. She applied some extra bond over the teeth and I've got to go back next week but they still feel sensitive now. She said if they were still sensitive she'd put more on next week so I asked her what if they were like that the week after, would I keep having to put this stuff on every week but she just laughed and said we wouldn't need to. The bond is horrible and orangey yellow so it looks like I've got food stuck in my teeth!

I took a tablet this morning with breakfast but I have decided I'm going to start slimming world on Tuesday so that was my last tablet. I'm still going to eat low fat until then. I don't want to do slimming world and take xenical because the reason I want to do slimming world is because of the foods I can eat on slimming world that are not in the xenical rules. Things like eggs and low fat cheese and spreads. Also I need to know I can control my eating without the tablets because they are not going to be there forever but I am always going to have to watch what I eat because I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I'm still going to do my diary here if that's ok and continue with the challenges on this board if I'm allowed.

Todays food

Breakfast
2 chocolate weetabix with semi skimmed milk

No lunch

Dinner
1 bagel with philadelphia extra light cheese
tesco light choice pretzels
muller fruit corner yogurt

Drinks
0.5 litres of water

i cant see why not... but if you wanted to im sure they could move your diary over to the sw one...
:)

but i dont see why you cant stick around here... we are all a friendly bunch and i have found the sw section too crowded with people.... and not as friendly as all of us!

Good luck with slimming world. I feel like I'm doing really well on Xenical and I know I couldn't manage on will power alone but will have to face that one day!

I've still been eating low fat over the weekend and will continue until I know the tablets are out of my system. I have been looking up calorie cycling and the information makes sense about keeping your metabolism on it's toes, so I think I'm going to do that for a week and if it works stick to that. I've been eating around 1000cals a day recently but my 7 day plan tells me to up my calories so it will be interesting to see if it works.

Yesterdays food

Breakfast

Lunch
1 bagel with philadelphia extra light

Dinner
weight watchers chicken and spinach lasagne
salad- lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrot with low fat dressing

Snacks
frozen yogurt

Drinks
1 litre of water

I'll post todays food later on.

you need to make sure you drink more love..

I know Kes but it's my teeth putting me off. They're ok with food but drinks are going right through them :-(

Today's food

Breakfast
2 slices of wholemeal bread with st dalfour strawberry jam on

Lunch
ambrosia low fat rice pudding
half a tub of tesco finest roasted vine tomatos and puy lentil soup

No dinner

Hardly any water today. I need to up my calorie intake if I want to do calorie cycling but I've noticed I'm not as hungry as I used to be. I'm going out for a friends birthday tomorow so I should be able to get more calories in then.

My 7 day plan from the calorie cycling calculator is

................Extreme fat loss.........................Fat loss
Monday......1388.................................... 1850
Tuesday 1110 ........................................1480
Wednesday 1665 ....................................2220
Thursday 1388 .......................................1850
Friday 1249 ...........................................1665
Saturday 1527 .......................................2035
Sunday 1388 .........................................1850

Last edited:
I don't really know what diet I'm on at the moment, I don't think I'm on a diet but I'm just not over eating. Yesterday I went out for a meal and it was nice but I could only eat half before I got full. I made some yummy cupcakes for my friend's birthday yesterday and they were divine. They were a vanilla sponge with a raspberry jam filling and white chocolate buttercream on top. I had 1 at the meal and there were 3 left when I came home but I was satisfied with the 1 I ate so I gave the rest to my mum today. The old me would have definately scoffed down some more when I got home. I hopped on the scales this morning just to see if I put on from yesterday and I'm half a lb down since yesterday, so since coming off the tablets on Friday I've lost 3lb.

Yesterdays food

Breakfast
2 slices of wholemeal bread with st dalfour strawberry jam on

Lunch
sushi pack from tesco

Dinner
chicken in a bbq sauce with chips and salad

Drinks
1 litre of water

Todays food

Breakfast
oat granola and raisin cereal with semi skimmed milk

No lunch

Dinner
tesco finest pumpkin raviolli with an arrabiatta sauce

Drinks
1 litre of water

well done on resisting. and also stopping after you were full.
thats one of the biggest things that everyone needs to learn. and you are doing so well at it..
doesnt matter really that you are not on a set diet. as long as you are losing weight i dont see why there should be a problem with it..

maybe the xenical just wasnt for you.

Hi Hun, how are you feeling?

whats this calories cycling youre doing?
I hope you stay around here with us, as Kes said i think because we're a smaller group we all get on so well,we're all friendly and have a laugh together...

and you gotta laugh! :D

xoxo

I think the xenical was the kickstart I needed Kes. My heads in a much better place now from taking it and I'm not putting so much pressure on myself.

Bunny calorie cycling is where you work out how many calories you need for the week and instead of dividing them up equally like having 1200cals a day, you have different amounts each day. So one day you will have a low calorie day then the next you can have a higher calorie day. It's so your body doesn't get used to a certain amount of calories and it keeps your metabolism on its toes. There's calorie calculators online to help you work out how many calories you need and it can work out a 7 day plan for you.

Todays food

Breakfast
3 oatcakes with peanut butter

Lunch
packet of quavers
bar of dairy milk bliss
1 ryvita
1 cheesestring

Dinner
weight watchers pizza

Drinks
1 litre of water and 1 innocent fruit smoothie

I need to start eating proper meals instead of picking at things or skipping meals. I'm going to go shopping tomorow so I'll pick up some stuff to make healthy meals.

I think the xenical was the kickstart I needed Kes. My heads in a much better place now from taking it and I'm not putting so much pressure on myself.

Bunny calorie cycling is where you work out how many calories you need for the week and instead of dividing them up equally like having 1200cals a day, you have different amounts each day. So one day you will have a low calorie day then the next you can have a higher calorie day. It's so your body doesn't get used to a certain amount of calories and it keeps your metabolism on its toes. There's calorie calculators online to help you work out how many calories you need and it can work out a 7 day plan for you.

Todays food

Breakfast

Lunch
packet of quavers
bar of dairy milk bliss
1 ryvita
1 cheesestring

Dinner
weight watchers pizza

Drinks
1 litre of water and 1 innocent fruit smoothie

I need to start eating proper meals instead of picking at things or skipping meals. I'm going to go shopping tomorow so I'll pick up some stuff to make healthy meals.

Ahhhhh.....that sounds useful!

metabolism is a tricky thing..i used to be pretty clued about about how the body works etc,but to be honest since starting xenical it seems i knew nothing,the body works in mysterious ways...i worry about my metabolism...how crazy is that lol :D

I know it's such a minefield isn't it?!! There's so much information out there you don't really know what to believe. I'm trying to up my calorie intake because I read eating to few calories can slow your metabolism down but then I know people on low calorie diets lose lots of weight so I don't really know. It's so confusing!!!!

I know it's such a minefield isn't it?!! There's so much information out there you don't really know what to believe. I'm trying to up my calorie intake because I read eating to few calories can slow your metabolism down but then I know people on low calorie diets lose lots of weight so I don't really know. It's so confusing!!!!

lol...its mad isnt it...if you do a vlcd the lowest is under 900 cals a day, the weight falls off,yet things are different when it comes to food...:confused:

youre right you never quite know what to believe :)

its all just jolly confusing to me. and i think if i did try any harder to understand it i think my head would explode!!!!!!

glad that things are working for you..
how are your teeth?? and also drinking more water???

My teeth are a bit better thanks, they're still a little bit sensitive but I can drink my drinks better. I've managed 1.5 litres of water today and I'll aim for more tomorow.

I had my weigh in and I've lost 3.5lbs this week which I'm very happy with :)

Todays food

Breakfast

Lunch
half a tub of tesco finest puy lentil and vine ripened roast tomato soup

Dinner
weight watchers chicken tikka masala

Snacks
kinder hippo

Drinks
1 green tea and 1.5 litres of water

Last edited:
oh that soup sounds nice.. (is it in the rules?? as i know your not following xenical anymore....)

Yes it is in the rules Kes, it's my favourite soup at the moment :)

oooh might have to get me some when i get back to eating (which shouldnt be that far away :))

Back