LJ's Journey

OK, so here is a plan for tomorrow. I am at an away day with work tomorrow (buffet lunch!), so I MUST take a packed lunch. Save my treats for something I can actually count the syns of! Although buffets are my favourite :)

B: Sultana Bran (HexB) in muller light,Banana
L: 1 babybel light (2 syns) , grapes, couscous salad (1 syn)
D: Cottage pie (free) with steamed vegetable (carrots, sweetcorn, broccoli)

Additionally, this week my sole aim is to drink more. ALOT more. I have barely peed today, its a disgrace.

Also, a trip to the gym might be due... I have been exercising it home, but the variety might do me good and give me a boost. I have been feeling a bit grumpy with work being so busy, and I know a good workout will sort me out mentally so I can enjoy my weekend. Watch this space :)

My 3 positives for today...

1. I resisted a buffet and ate my SW friendly packed lunch
2. Today was my last day of insanity at work, back to normal next week
3. My OH is home after 2 nights away :)

Food for today

Banana
Yoghurt with hexb sultana bran
Couscous salad (1syn)
Jacket with beans and Philly (4syns)

Not as much superfree as I'd like, but I was just SOOO busy, and I ache from head to toe!

I had some success trying to drink more, especially this morning :) here's to an ever better attempt tomorrow!

Well I slept in and missed breakfast :(

Food today is...

L: huge salad (lettuce, tomato, onions, peppers) with coucous (0.5), ham, beetroot and free cottage cheese
S: Galaxy ripple (9)
S: pineapple
D: hexb plus 1 extra small slice (3syns) toast, bacon, eggs and mushrooms
Total syns: 12.5 syns

Last edited:
jo-85 said:
Hope your drinking lots of water hun reduce that water retention. Well done for taking a STS so positively i could learn a lot from u! X

Thanks Jo! I must say it's the first time I am ok with a STS. I realised I haven't gained in almost 6 weeks, which is actually a real achievement for me :) I hope that carries on!

Thanks for the water reminder, I've been rubbish today! Going to fill a big bottle right now :) hope you're having a great weekend xxx

I have already made quite a dent in my syns today, but intend to stay under my daily limit :) that would make it my 8th day at 100% which must be a record for me! Still aiming for 30!

I have had so far...
1 medium skinny latte (5.5) at Costa
Fruit salad
Ham on a warburtons sandwich thin (5) plus bertolli light (1)
Total so far 11.5

Dinner will be jacket with beans and a big salad.

Last edited:
Ooh my wedding dress has now been ordered! It's not expensive so I have gone for a 16 to see if I can slim into it. I REALLY hope I can, as I just adore it!

We were also looking at wedding rings after we went to Costa, and I think we're more or less decided now. I wonder how easy it is to get the ring made smaller in the future...

Just 3 months til the big day now :O

I have just had to get a new wedding band.

I went for a band which had 3 tiny diamonds set in it; it was also a mat finished middle and polished edged. When I went to have it resized they said they couldn't :-(
Although it now means I have a brand new one 2 years on! All sparkly and more expensive!

My engagement ring lost a diamond at Christmas so had already taken that one off and my eternity ring (which I got for our 1st anniversary) couldn't be resized either because of the setting!

So be very careful or buy knowing if u can or can't alter in the future.
I have successfully had rings made bigger in the past!! Xx

Thanks for that advice! It's a brushed, matt centre all the way round, so I think they might struggle with it. Will definitely explain it to the jeweller when we go back!

Hi Lisa very exciting with the wedding prep. i went for a plain white gold band as I wanted simple like my mum has so hopefully it will be ok to be resized. i also figured that i will be able to have it dipped in white gold when needed to make it all shiny and new.

Just read through your last few days food diaries and you dont seem to be eating that much, it might be worth having more see if it boosts your losses. I have noticed in group that the people that seem to eat loads of free and superfree tend to have the better losses.

Hope you're having a lovely bank holiday weekend with the hubby to be
xxxx

Thanks, you're right! I haven't eaten much and I've been quite hungry too. Just getting lazy I think! I hadn't noticed, so thanks for pointing it out :)

Purple Patsy said:
Had forgotten how synful bought coffees are. Can you not claim some of the milk as a HEa. Well done on 100% for a whole week you're doing fab. :D

You can count as HEA, but I use mine on my other coffees so simpler to just syn the costa :) it was lovely and I had a lovely chat over it with my OH about our wedding :D

I'm thinking of having a red week followed by a green week after WI on Thursday. I'm struggling a bit with the superfree this week, and I don't want to get sick of salads. A change might do me good! I only worry a bit because of my STS the 2 weeks I did a different plan each day. If I give each plan a week I think it might be better. I have looked at what I was eating and I can't spot where I was going wrong, so I wonder if something else was at play. Going to be menu planning til the break of dawn methinks :)

Thanks Lizzy, I am quite a fan of the bonus Hexs too!

I had a bit of a blip at lunch, but I stayed on track, and within syns, so another successful day all things considered.

Monday 7th May - EE
L: Jacket with butter, baked beans and cheese (11.5syns) and a mixed salad
S:Banana
D:Homemade burgers, mixed salad, beetroot, free cottage cheese, relish (1 syn)
S: Sultana Bran (HexB) and muller light
Exercise: 120 minutes done so far, 420 minutes to go

I also did 30 minutes stepper, really hope to make my may exercise goal if nothing else :) My wii reckons I have gained weight, which is very disheartening, but I am just going to ignore it :D

Well here is a 3 day plan to do me til I switch over to red or green or friday. I like both plans, so I might just roll a dice to decide :)
Breakfast: Magic porridge (HexB), Banana
Lunch: Chicken Tikka salad (6 syns)
Dinner: Pasta with bacon, onions, mushrooms and philly, 2 tangerines
Breakfast: Yoghurt and Banana
Lunch: Ryvita (HexB) with cottage cheese and beetroot, 2 tangerines
Dinner: Curried chicken skewers, SW wedges and salad
Breakfast: Sultana Bran (HexB) with yoghurt
Lunch: Sandwich thin (5 syns) bertolli (1 syn) with ham and salad
Dinner: At Slimming world taster session

I am really feeling quite boredrline tonight. I am really annoyed that the wii fit says I have gained a whopping 3 pounds! My logical side keeps saying what I would say to someone else in this situation... "Mid week weigh-ins don't count... different scales... different clothes..." but I am still CHEESED OFF ABOUT IT! I must either be doing something wrong, have amnesia about what I am eating, or my body is completely abnormal. People keep saying my weightloss will catch up, but will it really? I am feeling really fed up and grumpy tonight. I'm not falling off the wagon, I just am less and less confident that its ever going to get there. I am totally obsessed with planning, counting syns, double checking things... and nothing happens.

I have been exercising more for weeks now, so I can't put it down to that. I am going to get my OH to check my measurements again now to see what the damage is!

hi LJ how you doing? reading through your last couple of posts, congrats on the wedding plans, theres motivation if ever you need it eh ;)
Dont get disheartened by the Wii fit (its a cocky little git anyway lol, it always says "ooh" when you step on it, cheeky git lol)
your body can fluctuate during the week, thats the one thing i have stopped doing this time around is getting weighed mid week as you could get one and it shows a loss so you think "oh ill have a glass of wine or two" and then that can set you back or it could show a gain so you think "sod it im having crisps etc" and it can undo all your hard work, when in reality you could be on track for a loss at your weekly weigh in.
you've come really far and i know by what your posting you're determined to get your goal so keep up your good work and it will pay you back in the end :) xx

Back