LJ's Journey

Totally agree with what others have said. I would just do the training on there rather than the body test as its gonna dishearten you, or just weigh in once a week on them just after WI. You have done really well and you want this too much to let the stupid Wii beat you. Keep at it Lisa and it'll soon go the way you want it. Big Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Ladies! I am going to skip my body tests, it's just an excuse to WI midweek.

I am still on plan, but thinks it's worth preparing myself for a gain this week. I have been sooo constipated for about a week, I have been taking laxatives and drinking lots, but I read that constipation causes weight gain, slow metabolism and water retention. So the odds are against me. I just did some exercise though, third day in a row which is something for me :)

Tuesday 8th May
Yoghurt, banana
Ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber
Pasta with lots of mushrooms and red onions and philly (6 syns)
Fibre plus bar (HexB)
Total syns: 6
Exercise: 140 minutes done, 400 minutes to go

My 3 positives...
I exercised for a third day
My ham turned out to be free, which I didn't expect :D
We ordered our wedding rings today!

Also, I drank green tea all day. Getting used to it now, and peeing LOADS!

Last edited:
I have missed breakfast today, but I am determined to eat well for the rest of the day!

I am going to have my lunch shortly, going to have cottage cheese on sweet onion ryvita with loads of beetroot, 2 clementines and a banana if I can manage it..

I have been thinking about the whole red/green/ee argument I have with myself, and I think a penny has dropped. I need to just commit to one for quite a while so it becomes my "norm", and throw in days from the other plans when they suit my plans. I have been doing mostly EE since I started, so after my WI, I will switch to green (I love my jackets and beans!) indefinitely and see what happens. I have a BBQ coming up, so that can be switched to a red, and I may do EE one day on weekends. Something like that. I seem to be obsessed with making too many rules for myself, so maybe this is a way forward :) I find I use less syns when doing green or red, and the extra HE's are a huge selling point!

OK, so here is my rather lame (but honest) food intake for today...

Wednesday 9th of May- EE
cottage cheese on 3 sweet onion ryvita (HexB) with chicken
3 BGTY sausages (1.5 syn), 1 toasted sandwich thin (5 syns), bertolli (1 syn)
2 tangerines, banana
25g frosted flakes (5 syns)
with muller light
Total syns: 12.5 syns

Note to self: MUST have 1/3 Superfree with every meal on EE! Switching to Green from the weekend.

Well, the food diary is evidence that I have not been in the right headspace today. I just couldn't be bothered with superfree with my meals. At least I stayed under my syns, but this is definitely not the way I should be eating. Also, I didn't even mean to have frosted flakes, I grabbed the wrong box and put a handful in my muller before I realised, and I didn't want to waste it. It wasn't as nice as my sultana bran! Only 0.5 syns more, so not a disaster.

I have been keeping up with the water, up to about 1.5litres of plain old water on top of my other drinks, so thats something. I will keep building this up and slowly reducing my other drinks. I have only had 3 coffees and 1 diet coke, so caffeine wise, not a patch on my usual.

WI tomorrow night, in a way its a relief. Even though I am expecting the worst, at least I will be able to draw a line under it and move on. I am having a meal out on saturday to try out the restaurant for our reception, I have already checked their menu, and am going to have flexisyns. No desserts or alcohol, just a main meal of my choice. Its a big decision, so I think its kinda justified. Maybe I need to take the pressure off a little, my life revolves around WI night, and not the bigger picture, but maybe I am exaggerating because I am panicking about tomorrow night!

I think I am going to go to relax in bed and plan my food for tomorrow, and maybe some green days for when I switch plan. I may switch sooner than planned, maybe immediately after weigh in, I think I have enough supplies in the cupboards already.

My 3 positives for today:
1. I got to work from home today
2. I have drank a decent amount of water today, and its becoming a habit
3. I cooked some tastey food for our taster session tomorrow

Well, after my surprise loss, I am determined to have an extra push this week. I'm still aiming for 8.5 for may, 7.5 to go over 3 weigh ins. It is most likely too high a target (I have never lost that much in a month), but if I aim high, I might at least get close :) That 7.5 gets me to club 10, so its my main focus, whether it happens in May or June. I have decided against using flexisyns this weekend, I am going to go for the warm chicken and bacon salad with the dressing on the side.

I should be due my bronze body magic award next week, if I keep it up, so I will keep working away on my exercise goal for the month, though I have had 2 days off. I might go for a lunch time walk tomorrow at work if its dry out, if not it will be the wii fit free stepper while I watch telly in the evening.

I'm going to green for a few weeks, so I'm off to do some food planning. Here is todays not great food...

Thursday 10th of May- GREEN
Banana
Fibre plus (5.5 syns)
4 small wm toast (2 heB) with beans and bertolli light (2 syns)
Fibre plus (5.5 syns)
Food at taster session (approx 3 syns)
Total 16 syns

Last edited:
image-1734581644.jpg

12:30 - Satsumas, cherries and strawberries

Last edited:
Friday 11th May - Green
B:Strawberries, cherries, tangerines
L:beetroot and cottage cheese on 3 sweet onion Ryvita (HexB) with 75g chicken tikka breast (4.5 syns) on the side. Delish!
D: Pasta with sweetcorn and bertolli (2 syns)
S: Sultana bran (HexB) and a muller light
Total syns: 6.5

Last edited:
Saturday 12th - EE
Banana
Chicken and bacon salad (4 syns max)
Beans on wm toast (HexB + 6)
Muller light
Fruit Salad
Syns total 10 syns

Hope you're having a good day. Sorry to hear you're not a tinseler any longer but I completely understand the extra presure can sometimes be counterproductive.:D

Thanks Patsy

I have this terrible habit of setting zillions of goals that I will most likely fail to achieve. I need to set my own goals really, but I keep changing my mind, so I am just focussing on one month at a time for now :) I will still be checking in on everyone else :D

Weekly Food diary (7th May - 13th May)

Monday 7th May - EE
L: Jacket with butter, baked beans and cheese (11.5syns) and a mixed salad S:Banana
D:Homemade burgers, mixed salad, beetroot, free cottage cheese, relish (1 syn)
S: Sultana Bran (HexB) and muller light
Total: 12.5 syns
Exercise: 120 minutes done, 420 minutes to go

Tuesday 8th May - EE
B: Yoghurt, banana
L: Ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber
D: Pasta with lots of mushrooms and red onions and philly (6 syns)
S: Fibre plus bar (HexB)
Total syns: 6
Exercise: 140 minutes done, 400 minutes to go

Wednesday 9th of May- EE
L: Cottage cheese on 3 sweet onion ryvita (HexB) with chicken
D: 3 BGTY sausages (1.5 syn), 1 toasted sandwich thin (5 syns), bertolli (1 syn)
S: 2 tangerines, banana 25g frosted flakes (5 syns) with muller light
Total syns: 12.5 syns

Thursday 10th of May- GREEN
B: Banana Fibre plus (5.5 syns)
L: 4 small wm toast (2 heB) with beans and bertolli light (2 syns) Fibre plus (5.5 syns)
D: Food at taster session (approx 3 syns)
Total: 16 syns

*********************** WI: -1 lb ***********************

Friday 11th May - Green
B:Strawberries, cherries, tangerines
L:beetroot and cottage cheese on 3 sweet onion Ryvita (HexB) with 75g chicken tikka breast (4.5 syns) on the side. Delish!
D: Pasta with sweetcorn and bertolli (2 syns) S: Sultana bran (HexB) and a muller light
Total syns: 6.5

Saturday 12th - EE
B: Banana
L: Chicken and bacon salad (4 syns max)
D:Beans on wm toast (HexB + 6)
S: Muller light Fruit Salad
Syns total: 10 syns

Sunday 13th - Green
B: 2 bananas
L: Jacket with beans and philadelphia light (2 syns)
S: Galaxy Ripple 9 syns
D: 1/2 warburtons square wrap "pizza" (4 syns+HexA) with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes and SW wedges
Syns Total: 15
Exercise: 180 minutes done, 360 minutes to go

Today I have been feeling really rough because we pulled an all-nighter last night, I went to sleep from 8am til noon, and I haven't felt right. We did manage to go out and do a grocery shop, so thats something :) I had more syns today than I would have liked, probably due to feeling a bit sorry for myself, qeasiness from lack of sleep and being shattered! Still, tomorrow is a new day, and I am finished eating for the day. I also forced myself to do 20 minutes on my lateral thigh trainer (ouch) and jogging on the spot for 20 minutes towards my may fitness goal. I need to step that up this week, I have been getting really slack after a good start to the month.

I managed to find slimatee today, so I am going to start drinking those from tonight. Its a senna and frangula (I think its tree bark) tea "to improve regularity", you just drink 1 cup each night for 2 weeks every 2 months. I have read good things about it, and after my "issues" this week, I feel like I need it. Its not called slimatee because it helps you lose weight or anything, its apparently to help with the irregularity that slimming can cause. I have just brewed my first cup, lets see what happens!

My 3 positives for today

1. I started exercising again
2. We did our grocery shopping, even though we were zombified from an all-nighter
3. I managed to stay within my syns limit on a rough day

What does the tea taste like? X

Back