LL April Starters!

sorry to be slow but what is a stick blender?

Anything that will zuzz the soups or shakes by mechanical means will do but a little hand held stick blender is best. You can find them to suit most budgets, I think someone said they're about £5 in Tesco.

Hand shaking does not do them any favours what so ever!! They're not the greatest flavour packs by any stretch of the imagination but they provide you with what you physically need. Try also thinking of them as nutrition, Emveg calls them her medicine, rather than f**d too!!

Google for stick blender and you'll find lots of examples! It's much easier to do that than to describe one LOL

Kik, glad to hear that you've got sorted and started. The same happened with me and I went and found myself another group - it's 10 miles away but I'd rather that than wait for somethign to start around here.

Anyways, had my first weigh-in last night and have lost....12lbs!! Yay!

thanks will look for one now. Silly I know but I've not heard of one before! Guess thats cos I've never made a packet soup or milkshake in my life! Not the best cook either :)

Getting hunger pangs and tummy rumbles now. Must be time to go to bed!

Go and have a nice bath and then slap on loads of moisturiser. While you're at it say good bye to all you're seeing, it's on it's way out the door!!!

Is it? I still can't get my head around that. I've never been slim. Well not for as long as I can remember. I have no idea what I'll look like. Very exciting.

Yes it is!!! Believe it! And it's going to do it before probably before the school summer holidays.

yay! Sounds amazing! Only thing is i'm going to menorca for 9 days in June. Will I be able to do this out there? What you reckon?

That's a bridge you can cross when you get closer to it. You will, at the very least, be very into the swing of this whole thing and know what your plan ahead is. Work out your 14 weeks abstinence and where it is in relation to your holiday.

The short answer is yes you can do it away, many do and succeeded. As you will be a long way down the road, and probably 3 stone lighter, you could possibly switch to the Lite and not do too much damage but it all depends on your own mind set at the time. Your LLC should be able to advise more.

Hi! Helly - my kids are 9, 8 & 6 - the best things I've ever done. Yes I agree its hard not to pick at their food - their dinner tonight never smelt soooo good LOL.

I've just had my last pack - had hot choc but it was lumpy, found it hard to get down. I use a stick blender, my soup earlier was good and worked well. I feel when I open the packets the contents go everywhere - dont want to lose any!!

Has everone managed the 3 lts of water ok? Ive struggled to get down 2 today!
Snork - well done 12lbs wow - hope I do that well!!!

i've found the food pacs hard going. lumpy and powdery. I'm really getting a bit disheartened. Opened my last pack (thai chilli soup) and i find it horrible. Does anyone know if it matters if I don't finish it? Its making me heave (sorry tmi)! How am I gonna get to end of the week?

Helly - you def need a blender, my shakes & soups were fine today & I can honestly say they tasted ok - apart from the choc but I've never liked choc milk/shake etc. The veg soup was good Im going to swap my choc for more of that.

Stick with it, the cravings will pass & it will get easier - so Im told!

yeah i'll go get one tomorrow. where did you get yours from and how much approx?

I got mine in Tesco - its a home starter section & it was only a fiver - single mum of three watching the pennies!! It works great & is easy to clean. It fits into the LL container.
Trying to drink more water now before bed - have you managed 3lts today?

i don't know how much water i've actually drank as i've just been drinking all day... will try and keep a tab on it tomorrow. I'm worried that i've only had three pacs today and not four as the thai chilli one is so gross I can't even bear it. Am i being a drama queen? lol

Your not being a drama queen - its hard, just stick with it remember why we are doing this, we dont want to be this weight when summer comes - do we? Your have a trip booked in the sunshine in June - what an incentive!!
Going to have porridge for breakfast tomorrow - yum!

you sound so sorted. congrats. will be off to tesco in the morning. sleep well xx

Hi Loula yes I am sure you can do this!
I am in a similar position returning to meal replacement which I have not done in a long time, I know its not easy but I think having the support on this great site could make a lot of difference.
Good luck!.

Night - :nightf:

the support here is great see you all again tomorrow - weve made it through day 1:clap::clap:

Helly, have you tried heating the soups in a pan on a
the stove? I don't actually have a problem with them with water from the kettle but have found that if you heat them in a pan they get far less powdery. You have to watch they don't boil over though, they seem to do it quite easily

Back