LL April Starters!

Hi there. Just noticed the thread of this title and it took me back a year to a thread entitled the same as I was about to embark my LL journey, scared that this was my last chance and if I didn't do it, what next?! Where does the time go?

A year on, I am 5 and a half stone down and have kept off the weight for 6 months. There are many here who have done it and kept the weight off and were a fabulous support to me. Of the LL group I was with, I am the only one to maintain (and lose a little bit more) but where there is a will, there most certainly is a way. The diet is the easy bit, what you choose to do after is up to you! I couldn't have done it without the people on these forums though.

It truly is an amazing journey of self-discovery both physically and mentally. I am a much stronger of mind, confident person than I was a year ago. My friends still comment they can't believe the change in me. I really must upload some pictures as the ones here are now out of date really.

I wish you every success. I don't pop back so often these days due to a very busy life currently, but I hope to read of your success :D

Hi gang! :)
Kaalin - lovely post - very inspirational! well done on your loss and maintaining!

I am on day one... was literally buzzing after last nights meeting and decided to start straight away with my first shake. I'm at work today and doing surprisingly OK! Had choc shake for breakfast and then popped home at 12 for a vanilla for lunch. Have had a cup of the sachet-soup broth type stuff which was really good and filled me up. I feel really motivated, almost like I can see myself how I want to be and finally have a realistic tool to achieve my goal!
Hope everyone else is having a good day xxx :)

Kaalin - great story hope Im in your position in a years time !
Loula glad you had a good day. I think the veg broth was good and filling also. Im on day 2 now I've had porridge for b/fast ( not good very runny!), had soup for lunch and just about to have a shake. Im really struggling today so hungry.......but like you loula still motivated and will succeed at this:D.
How r all the other April starters doing?

Like you Kik I too am starvin!!! Been thinking about f@@d all day. I have resisted. I like the choc and vanilla shakes hot but the soup is nasty to me. May well live off the shakes. Woman who helps at our meetings lost 11 stone just drinking choc shake!

Hope tomorrow the hunger starts to fade a bit. My tummy is seriously rumbling!!

11 stone on choc shakes !!!!! wow - dont think I could drink that many choc shakes. I enjoy the shakes - not tried the vanilla hot - will maybe have that later, like to have a good one to look forward to at 9pm, escpically since its friday & Im not having my ususal tipple!!!!:party0016:

I really think if we can get through the first week we can do this:cross:

Yeah me too. Just got to get into Ketosis and then I'm hoping I'll stop getting the stomach gurgles! Even my six months jar food seemed appealing today! I am going to see LL lady tomorrow for pop in and she'll weigh me. Will you get that too? I am still struggling to drink water to that level but have managed about 2 out of the 3 litres today and will keep at it. I too am gonna have a 9/10pm shake to look forward to. Sad ah?!

You're doing alright girls!! Another day just about done.

I hate the water thing too. I find it helps that I start the day with 2 glasses, with the St Clements flavouring and I have them warm. In the evenings I switch to soda water as it's more grown up. :rolleyes::p

My LLC said that we only need to drink 2L water per day? I have probably done more than this, but she was really clear that it's only 2L now, so wouldn't worry if you are a bit below Helly :)

I'm nearing the end of day 1 - feeling OK but freeeeezing cold! Might have a steaming hot bath! xx

I've not really been told how much water to drink so I feel a bit lost in that respect. Yesterday I think I might have got a bit dehydrated. We went out and then when we got home I had awful muscle cramps all over - between my ribs, in my groin, in my feet, in my thighs. It was so painful I could hardly move. My friend ran and got me a bottle of water, mixed up a soup packet for me and fed it to me until the cramps started to go. It was quite scary!

I've not really felt the cold too badly but then I guess I have a lot of padding LOL!

I dont feel cold yet but feel quite light headed today & tired! I've done well on water today got 3lts down. I think I'll the flavour for next week , that sounds good warm orange in the morning.
Helen, I've not been offered a pop in this week my LLC is away. I might weigh on my own scales but Im trying not to do that.

Well end of day 2, I think we should all be very proud. I'm going away in a caravan with my kids & my sisters family from Mon - Wed so that should keep me busy.

yes we got through day two! weird to think i've not 'eaten' in two days! Who'd have thought it. I am going to caravan next friday. looking forward to it apart from watching everyone else tuck in! But should be a lot stronger by then. Well done Kik and all you other april starters.. Lets keep it up!

Hey people!

I posted earlier on this week, Starting my 4th day today morning, found the first 2 days easy but found yesterday really hard for some odd reason? (Maybe cause I seen loads of food around me???)..but overall I got to say the diet going really well...went to the gym day before going to keep it easy in the gym not overdo it...is there any men that has started in April or is it just me?..

I have tasted most of the stuff but went to give them all back as I only like the choc and vanilla shake, the way I make them (and you guys should try it)...put 300ml of water in a blender drop about 10 ice cubes and then put your shakes in, blend it for about 5-10 second..Then drink it! Tastes lovely with the small icy bits!

Regards!

Last edited:
:)Hi Lou....hope your return to LL has motivated you....Im returning 07/04.....on scales this am....iv'e put back 2 stone of the 6 I lost jan 08....Im entered for race for life 07/07 so need to get myself fit again...maybe we can support one another along the way.......

Hello TheGreatOne, I am the same as you. Only like the chocolate and vanilla shakes so far, the soups taste awful to me. I like my chocolate with boiling hot water as a hot choc. Still blended though. It is yummy. May end up having that for 14 weeks! Glad you got through your dodgy day and came out the otherside. I get to go to a pop in meeting this today so will find out how much I've lost since wednesday. Do you have that where you go?

Hello all :wavey:

The GreatOne - its good to hear how you felt on day 3 cause I dont feel good today, very sore head and yuky! Its good to know it will pass tomorrow.
Had the vanilla hot last night - yum! Helen please let us know how you get on today wish I could go too. Good luck.

Morning everyone! And welcome to Xanda and Great One :)

Day 2 for me now. Anybody else have really vivid dreams when starting LL? I usually never remember my dreams, but last night had some absolutely mental ones! Wonder if it's related to lack of calories or something?? :confused::confused:

I also had a really fuzzy mouth this morning, kind of like when you have a hangover! :D

Gonna chug down some more water and carry on today. Taking my 2 year old to a birthday party this afternoon so that will be the true test of my committment today!

Loula xx

Hello all, thought I'd pop in. Keep it up everyone!

Your tastes do change on LL.. I started off having ALL of the flavours apart from mushroom soup but by week 5 I could only stand the choc shakes and peanut bars...so I'm now on 23 choc and 5 peanut a week!

However, I'm pretty sure if I were to try the other flavours now I'd like some I didn't at the beginning!

Not only that - but at the beginning I couldn't even drink the shakes as they would make me gag...I have to make with tons of ice as ice cream! Now I make with about 300-500 or water and gulp it down fine!!

Also, Loula, in the first few weeks I had some really vivid food dreams which really shook me up...and I think its just down to your mind focusing on these things far more than normal....Now I have them but they don't affect me as much as before..

Anyway, just thought I would butt in! :D

Keep it up!

Hi Kik, hope you are feeling ok. I am having a good day today! I went and got weighed and guess what?!? I lost 6.6lb! Amazing. I have decided to just stick to the choc and vanilla shakes now and swapped all my other pacs. I am also in ketosis as I did a test whilst there. I am still having cravings but this has given me a great lift. Went to Next to get my kids some bits and walked around all the adult section for a change looking at all the bits I want to buy when I'm slim. That felt good too, normally I walk right on by :)

OOoh I can't wait to buy 'normal' size clothes either Helly! I HATE being so limited about where I can shop - I'm a 22-24 at the moment. And FABULOUS weightoss so quickly - certainly enough to keep you motivated I would think!! xx

I have to say the posts on this forums are so motivating!! :D:D

hellybelly1, yeh we got drop in session but i think it was only for the first week, i went in yesterday and got my packs changed...

I still havent had my picture and had myself measured yet??

And could anyone tell me what flavours the bars are?

Today has been great, i think i could do this diet till im anaroxic lol! x

Back