LL January Starters

Can I join? I'm starting again today after gaining 2 1/2 stone of the 3 1/2 i lost!!! :cry:
My group starts on Wed night but I have some packs left from last time so have started today. I pack and 2 litres of water done so far. Going fine at the mo, have been constantly on the loo and am just starting to feel hungry now so time for another pack i think!

Welcome trying again, wise start you've made using packs you have, this will mean you'll be in ketosis even quicker!!! Wed will be my weighin night too. Good Luck.
Janey xx

Good evening!!

Just come back from my first session, armed with bars,shakes soup's etc! so excited! Looking forward to trying the new Fudge bar after 4 days :)

Get in there Richard!!!! It is so exciting starting off, just wait until next Monday and you 1st weighin!
Good luck for your 1st day.
Janey xx

Hi Girls and Guys!

Well I am struggling at the minute big time, I am on day 5 today and it was my first day at work as I was off sick last week. I am feeling so depressed I just keep thinking about how long I have to go and how long it is going to take to get me there, I know I just need to suck it up but I actually cried today when I at (or sucked!) my Chilli dinner.

I don't know what to do, I just don't want to fall off the wagon, but I am having such a hard time..

Sorry to rant guys I know we have all the same frustrations :(

Emily,don't apologise for ranting, thats why we are on here, to help each other, so rant on!!!
Try not to think any further than one day at a time, the first week can play havoc with our emotions and if you've been unwell too thats probably also in the mix!!

Hopefully you'll wake up feeling a bit better tomorrow, just stay focused and know that this feeling will pass.

Stick in there girl!!!
Janey xx

Hi monkerella

Does your LLC have pop in sessions? seeing how much wight you have lost so far will really help. You really havent got THAT far to go. 77lb ow seems like eternity, but if you look at some of the other threads from September starters, they have lost about 5 stone already. Once you have your head in the right place, the time will fly by.

Also, imagine how long it will take with a conventional diet! Much much longer. I know you will abstain from food completely, but after 4 or 5 months it will be all over, and you can start a new life of being slim.

Keep at it another week or 2 and if you are still really down about it, then maybe this is not the diet for you and you can try something else.

I wish you the best of luck....and ranting is what tis forum is for

Mel xxxx

Thanks girls, I am feeling a bit better at the min, I think I just stress too much about food - I'm that person that plans lunch at breakfast and dinner at lunch so I am just obsessing! I reeeeeally wanted to go into McDonalds on the way home, but I didn't and I'm taking that as a little win no matter how small it is.

Thanks for the advice girls, I just find that I keep looking at the end when I really should be just getting through each day for now, I just don't want to give in at this diet - I've given in at every other diet and I just want to prove to myself more than anyone that I can do it!

I missed my pop in session on Friday as I was still ill from my Chest Infection, I've got my weigh in Wednesday so I just think I just need to get through tomorrow and then the likelihood is that Wednesday will be a good day as I will just want to be weighed! I hope its a big one!! - and I am desperate to get some bars!

Thanks again girls, your support really helps xxxx

Hope all you other Jan starters had a nice Monday :)
I'm just now leaving that initial first-few-days groggy feeling behind, hence why I am posting here instead of being in bed, I suddenly feel like I have energy again, it's loooovely :) mainly as I've been a right moody g*t over the weekend and snappy at work today, hoing to be better in the morning too so I can go to work with a smile on my face again! lol

And what's this I hear about a fudge-style bar??!! Didn't have that when I was on the program last year! Will need to enquire with my LLC about that one! :D

Have a nice Tuesday y'all! :cool:

Morning everyone!!!

Day1 officially for me today! Just had my first shake of the day! went down a treat!:p, Off to work now so should be kept busy on the ticket desk so wont have chance to think about food!

Have a good day all!

Rich x

I don't think they have come out to everyone yet as they are still trialing them. I hope they are out soon though cos they were lovely.

I am now on day 12 and still going strong. Yay me!!! I am so pleased. Even in this cold weather I have got the motivation to go to the gym and am loving it.

I am so glad I can go to my meeting tonight. Just seems like ages since I was weighed.

Good luck to everyone weighing in tonight x x

I need a wee!!!

Ok so I made myself a promise that this time around I would drink more water. But this is ridiculous. It's like now all I have to do is have a sip and then I have to have a bathroom break.

When will it end!?

On the plus side, I must be burning off loads of calories walking between here and the ladies!!!

I don't think they have come out to everyone yet as they are still trialing them. I hope they are out soon though cos they were lovely.

I am now on day 12 and still going strong. Yay me!!! I am so pleased. Even in this cold weather I have got the motivation to go to the gym and am loving it.

I am so glad I can go to my meeting tonight. Just seems like ages since I was weighed.

Good luck to everyone weighing in tonight x x

My weigh in is tonight too! I cant wait to see how it's gone!! I could be vey disappointed about no fudge though. :(

Heeeeey Beki! How are you!! Sorry I missed your post a few pages back :eek:

Good luck to all those who have their WI tonight, I'm currently on day 5 and feeling much better and very ketosis-y this afternoon, my breath reeks and I'm loving it! LOL never thought I'd say that!

And awwwww I hope my LLC has the fudgey bar, I want to try one.....

Heeeeey Beki! How are you!! Sorry I missed your post a few pages back :eek:

Good luck to all those who have their WI tonight, I'm currently on day 5 and feeling much better and very ketosis-y this afternoon, my breath reeks and I'm loving it! LOL never thought I'd say that!

And awwwww I hope my LLC has the fudgey bar, I want to try one.....

I forgive you!!

I am also feeling vey ketosisy today. In that my breath smells like a pack of wild dogs!! Niiiiiiice!

Last edited:
The November Starters thread seems to be dead so since I'm pretty much restarting my restart I'll join you guys if that's OK.

I started last April, went on to other diets in August and then restarted LL in November. It was all going fine until I was suddenly hit with a wave of depression. This happens to me sometimes for unknown reasons. The last four weeks have all been a bit of a disaster and whilst I'm still not feeling great I have decided that there is no reason why I can't get back onto the diet so I started again three days ago.

It's going fine so far, I don't seem to get side effects if I'm only off the packs for a short while. I have no idea what I weigh and I have asked my counsellor not to tell for the next few weeks while I try and get back to feeling sane. In my current mood even if I lost 12 lb I'd be depressed that I didn't lose 13 so it's just best not to know.

Good luck to everyone else.

OK, day 6 is almost over thank god! Its been quite a good day, I feel less hungry and actually thinking about food an awful lot less. The big week 1 weigh in tomorrow that I am really looking forward to! - I'm really nervous as I stupidly weighed myself tonight and I have hardly lost any weight :( I'm not too worried though as I haven't been for a poop (sorry!) in 3 days, I'm not too worried about that though as I have IBS and any change in diet tends to upset my insides!
Been thinking alot today about what my eating will be like when I finish and the only things I am really craving are healthy things, I think that when I eat junk I do it because I am in the car or at home bored, I have a HUGE appetite as well so if anything this diet will really help to shrink my stomach so I feel satisfied earlier.
Took the dogs for a walk when I came in, I can't remember the last time I did that - It might be psychological but I am actually feeling better about myself already, I'm so proud of how I am doing, don't get me wrong this diet is HARD! it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do - but I refuse to quit at this, I'm 30 in October and I don't want to spend my life feeling crap and fat, I've tried everything and this is my consequence for giving up on every diet I have ever done!
Anywho, I must sound like a mentalist! I'm off to eat my Cat Poo Chilli! xxx

Well I just got back from my weigh in. First things first....

Spannerwanner, I too have also had to ask my LLC to keep my weight from me. It is totally a decision that benefits those of us who are too hard on ourselves!!!

I think that if this is the way that helps you to remain focused then go for it. It certainly helps for me!! ;)

Monkerella, 1st week is always tough because you have the doubts over whether you can do it and you never really know if it'll work for you etc... but you just wait until tomorrow. That weigh in will give you a real lift. Stick with it hun. It seems your head is in a good place :D

And so what with me and my weigh in!? I lost 9lb. Thought I would lose more than that to be honest, but that is just me expecting too much of myself!! :rolleyes: Hey, ho!

Back