LL JULY STARTERS

I have just had a really tough BBQ at the in laws!! Im usually ok with bbq's as the food is usually cheap and cheerful...however, they went all out and bought proper sausages from the butchers and made their own door step burgers and marinated chicken!! God i felt sorry for myself!

then i pictured myself at their house this time next summer, slim and being able to choose what i ate and not gorging on everything! i also pictured not missing out on getting in the hot tub because i am too embarassed to get into a cossie in front of everyone.

I also enjoyed all the praise everyone gave me when i told them i wasnt eating and i was on a diet and i had lost 47lb already....that really helped.

tomorrow my friend has invited us over for dinner. so thats going to be another difficult afternoon. and then i go on holiday monday. So, if i get through to next saturday staying abstinent then i would say i could pretty much do anything, and will go and spend some money on some new clothes or make up or something just as scrummy.

i hope u all have a great weekend xxxx

Well Done Mel!!! That is brilliant :) You did so well. It is hard when you are in social situations. I avoided them for a while just to make sure I was strong enough to cope. I did survive 10 days in Paris, work related, so after that I knew I could cope with it all :) This time next year you will be looking and feeling amazing!!

Jez
xx

Fantastic Mel, so pleased you are feeling positive again. Keep thinking those thoughts and you WILL be in that hot tub next year, wandering around in a little bikini (or maybe not!) and strutting your stuff !!!
KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH.
It is so worth a few months of going without food to change your life forever - as long as you learn the lessons to keep the weight under control forever.
Remember this isn't a diet, that comes to an end, it's the beginning of an ongoing process of you being in control.
It's a wonderful feeling when you achieve it. Life changing. I t makes you realise you can achieve whatever you want in all aspects of life, not just weight.
Good luck on holiday.Enjoy. Give yourself other treats and distractions instead of feeling deprived, that's how I do it.

How are you all managing over the Bank Holiday ladies? Hope it has been a wonderful, relaxing time for you and your families :)

Jez
xx

Hi ladies

Were do i start i am upset confused and very lost at the moment 5 hours ago i decided to give up lighterlife as i just can,t get back on track now i don,t want to give up i am so disappointed in myself i just feel i am the only one not strong enough to do this.My husband goes back to work tomorrow so i am hoping that will get me back to normal his been off for 2 weeks. He works from 8am in the morning and gets home at 11:30pm every night i am used to life pretty much on my own it,s been this way for 15 years.I seem to be very stressed at the moment about my daughter katie starting school and i just keep crying we brought a puppy last monday and i have fallen in love with her and now she has to be rehomed because hubby is allergic to her really bad so upsetting i am just a wreck with things lately.I feel like i am being a pest on here for you guys because i am not up beat and it feels like i just moan all the time so i am sorry guys but who else do i talk to no one understands unless you have done LL or your on it people just don,t know the facts so just asume they know whats best i have a few supportive people around me but more negative and it,s getting all to much to take now i am very stressed with it all.

Please help me see the light because at this moment in time im in pitch black drakness.

x x x Sam x x x

Aw Sam

The biggest hugs over the internet to ya hun :) I can tell you from personal experience, it is always darkest just before the dawn. So your dawn is just around the corner. So sorry to hear about the puppy, it must be heartbreaking. I think it will help that your husband is back at work, you will get some normality back. If you really feel this is the wrong time for you, perhaps give it a break and try again in a month or so when you are feeling stronger. i however would strongly advise you to try and continue, mentally it will really help you feel better about yourself in the long run. It is not easy all this abstinence, but it is worth it. Everybody struggles and battles with it, so never ever feel bad about coming here for support and just letting it all out, this is the perfect place for that. You deserve this chance hun, you deserve all the benefits being slim can give you, give it another week and see how you feel. Sorry, I am just feeling the benefits of it all now and really want others to feel the same way I am feeling. But all the love going to you hun, and never feel bad about coming here to vent!

Jez
xx

Thanks jez

Just when i thought things could not get worse i end up in A & E 5am this morning with katie my daughter she has been sick since saturday and through the night last night she just got worse and was being sick just with a sip of water. We are home now with lots of meds she is prone to tonsillitis very bad and has a tummy bug on top of that so very sick more stress to deal with when is it going to end.Thank you so much for your kind words jez it means alot to hear some kind words of support at such a stressful time.

x x x Sam x x x

Hey there Sam - so sorry life's hitting you hard at the moment. But that is how life is - around every corner, there is always another mess waiting for us. Trick is - don;t let it beat you down.

I hope you are feeling brighter today. ANd I hope you are continuing on your journey - don't give up. What will you do then, and how will you feel. You were so full of enthusiasm - little blips happen - it is how you deal with them that counts.

You are worth seeing this through - you are a lovely lady.

I hope you carry on - you are so worth it....and really, at the end of the day - how would food solve ANY of these troubles you are facing.

Wishing your little one a speedy recovery. Its horrible when youngsters are so poorly :( x

Chin up pup - tomorrow WILL be brighter, and so will you. :)

xxx

Oh Sam honey
You are going through so many stressful nightmarish things at the moment.

The puppy thing is bad enough but with your daughter being so sick too wow, that's a lot to cope with on top of already feeling wobbly. Heart really goes out to you. We had to see emergency medical bods with our daughter a few months ago as like yours she wasn't even keeping a drop down. It's really frightening I know. Funnily enough they told us to give her anything she would drink - even juice etc which I didn't think you were supposed to. Apparently they have changed the guidance the give. She did turn the corner but I know how terribly draining it is as a parent.

As far as worrying about moaning on here goes - don't be daft, we are a support network and we all have our down times - I have struggled mentally with it this week, feeling really mentally low for much of the week. I feel better now but the point I want to make is that in my opinion you provide as much support to the folk on this site as you receive - and even if you didn't it wouldn't matter, we would support you and worry about and try and look out for you just the same.

I hope with all my heart you manage to find the path through all this that makes you happy. It IS harder when the routine is all to shot so with hubby going back to work that could be the extra boost you need to get back into it. Me and my hub have been off work this week and I think that may be the root of why I have felt so low LL wise. We are creatures of routine and habit, it's understandable.

Keep your chin up lovely girl.

XXX

Well said Peony.

No one should ever apologise about coming on here when they are down. We all know what it feels like, and how dark hopelessness can feel....so never feel you can;t say whatever you need to.

ANd I forgot about the puppy - that is so sad hon - it does not take long for an animal to become part of the family. Instantaneously really - so that has to be so sad, for all ofyou. :(

Here's hoping things turn around for you and your family <raises glass of nice cool water> :)

xx

Hugs to you Sam, I hope your little one is starting to make progress now.
It's a shame too about the puppy, but it isn't your fault.
Just remember that nothing stays the same. You may be going through a tough time at the moment, but things will change. I hope it's soon and I hope it's dramatically for the better. xxx

Thank you ladies

Just thought i would pop on while katie is having a sleep i have had 3 calls tonight hubby has been sick in work 3 times and is coming home soon my mum brother and my husbands friend are also sick we were all together sunday at mine must be a tummy bug. Must admit my tummy is hurting and i have a headache but i did not say any think to hubby because the baby being ill.I know life can be mean some times but i never cope well with the mean times when it comes to my weight why do i use food to cope because at the end of the day it dosen't make the situation any better if any think i feel worse in myself after.I know these things but how do i change the way i react to stressful situations.I am going to try and restart the packs tomorrow i have 3 weeks worth of packs over so i will use them.

Big hugs and thank you again ladies for all your support.

i need a large sum of money a plane and sum sun sea and sand all donations welcome all cheque payments made out to sam's stress relief fund.

pleaseeeeeeee x x x sam x x x

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better on a mental and emotional level Sam, sorry to hear you and the rest of the family are not well, but these airborne viruses can be nasty. So glad you will re start with the packs, it will put you in a better head space immediately :) Remember that song "things can only get better" well hum that to yourself, because things do :)

Jez
xx

My word Jez, just looked at your slider - you are so close to your target, you should be so proud of yourself. Good luck with your last push.

And BL - I love to see your different signature photos every day. thought you carried off the short skirt beautifully the other day. Just one question - have you had an extension built for all your new clothes lol! Best bet is to take over oh's wardrobe ha ha. Can't wait to choose clothes because I love them, not because they do the best job of hiding me.

SB had a look at your photos - again, wow what an inspiration, you look stunning (and another obviously enjoying a new found enjoyment of clothes shopping lol)

So happy you are still posting Sam, hang in there. I hope you get through without coming down with this bug 100% too. It's the last thing you need but it didn't sound like you had got off unscathed in your last post. Have you succumbed to the bug/ are you feeling a bit better?

Had week 9's weigh in - another 4lb which I am chuffed with - can handle a nice consistent 4lb a week lol. So 3 stone and 4 lb lost in total. Only 3.5 lb more to 50lb! Goal is to crack 4 stone in foundation to set me in good stead for developers. Fingers crossed, it might just be achievable.

Well catch you all laters

xxx

hi ladies

Well things have got worse much worse my stepdad was taken in to hospital early hours this morning my mum my brother jim my hubby katie myself are all on tamiflu the doctors think that we have swine flu.I don,t feel well at all so i am off to bed.

good luck every one for weighin

love sam x x x x x

Sam, so sorry you are all so unwell, wisihng you a speedy recovery.

Peony, thanks for your kind comments.

BL - Loving the new blue picture. You look great. xx

Sam, thinking of you and wishing you and your family a very speedy recovery. Good to hear from you Peony, sounds like you are doing fantastically well :)

Jez
xx

Oh Sam, that is so hard.
Sending massive hugs and well wishes that you all recover really quickly.

xxxxx

Hi Guys!!! Im back!!!

I have read through what I have missed. I really hope Sam is ok, I can see she hasnt posted for a while.

I had a successful holiday. It was the hardest week I have ever had, but I did it. I am going to my pop in tomorrow to see bhow I have done.

So, how are the rest of you girlies?

Back