LL Lite Tilley's Tumultuous Thoughts

Aww, thank you! :)

I sort of realised what it is. Rant begins: The last couple of years have been awful. I lived really far from my boyfriend, I had a horrible flat that I rented alone, it was falling apart and the landlord was a meanie lol! Anyway, all of that and redundancies at work meant I lost all my good friends and kept my job. I put on weight, I lost a bit, I saw my boyfriend when I could, same with family. Behind all of this by dad had cancer 3 times and was very ill at one point.

Then finally this December we did it - Dad was cured, we moved together and found a beautiful cottage by the sea, in the rural part of Hampshire. We moved in and had a wonderful Christmas, I had my first lovely birthday. We fill the place with laughter and relaxation, we have fresh flowers, we have a garden and I'm planting flowers, I'm dealing with my weight and we've got our pup. Everything we've planned for 4 long hard separate years has come together. For once in my life I am not yearning for 'NEXT' or pushing for a better job, or doubting myself. I am simply getting the things I want, or I've got them. I am even considering engagement although I've been against it for so long and the boyfriend wants it so much, bless the ol softy.

So yes, all is well in my world. But around me EVERYONE else seems sad, and out of control, and floundering for the next thing. They want to talk to me and I listen. I've always listened. But now I get tense listening to all this whinging. I get really physically anxious sitting there wasting my time with people upset ALL of the TIME.

Please don't think I'm callous. It's taken my friend dying to make me aware of how lovely the world is for me right now. I'm currently ultra aware of everything - the sunshine, the sky, all that silly stuff. And I know other people don't have that perspective right now, but I feel like I've got nothing in common with the me from 2 weeks ago. I want laughter and happiness and to try and make things right for everyone and I've finally realised they can only look after themselves, and I can still only listen, not sort it all out.

It's all been a bit of a revelation. Not having my normal comfort food is making me FEEL more too (like that article in the LL mag). I FEEL sad, bored, I get up and DO stuff because I can't sit and eat my food in front of the TV anymore.

My world is changing and I'm scared.

Does any of that make sense. Perhaps I'm finally finally going crazy???!! xx:confused::confused:

Aw hunny, I feel for you. Its great that life is good for you and you are tackling the weight issue.

I totally understand what you are saying about people dumping their problems on you, I say dumping because thats exactly what it is!!

People will do it for all sorts of reasons, some because they are jealous of your life, some because you are genuinely a good listener and can offer sound advice and others just because they can. I too am a good listener and offer sound advice, but it would make me mad because if I ever needed any help or advice they were no where to be seen! It does get to the stage where enough is enough and you are probably at that stage! It doesnt make you a bad person.

Keep smiling my lovely xx

Day 14

Well, today the family visits at work, so hopefully things will start to get better. Funeral on 21st of month and that will rest it for me a little.

As for the diet, I'm still 100%, 14 days and still no cheating. I don't and won't break LL, I owe it to myself to get this workign for me.

Took the dog for a 2 hour walk last night. It was exhausting (I went further than I'd realised as I started to come back!). Feeling healthy though and it makes me come home and feel determined to have what i'm supposed to for tea.

My work trousers that used to dig in feel really loose now. It's so odd. There aren't any more red marks from where they've dug in all day! Hurrah! A couple of weeks and hopefully I'll be able to fit the next size down on again. They're there in my wardrobe winking at me...waiting!

I haven't weighed myself at home this week. I cheated last week. I keep thinking about getting on the Wii to check- my paranoia is that it'll be 2lbs or something as it's now week 2. I'd love it to be at least 4lbs. So, I've decided that I just won't find out until Saturday with LLC. After all, if it's 2lbs, or 4lbs or 14lbs, I've still got 3 stone to lose so until I hit that goal there's no point worrying WHAT I lose, just that I do lose.

And I know I've been 'true' to the diet, so I'll just let it work as it needs to.

Forgot my powder for water today so I'm havnig to have plain water. Urgh, so boring but on 3rd pint.

Hope everyone is doign well, must get reading other diaries but keep being scared to be seen doing so at work.

xx

Hi Tilley!

U r doing really well!!

I know how u feel when u say u wanna hop on the wii n see how much u've lost but please don't!! My wii said I'd lost 2lb (which I was gutted with coz I was at the end of week one) but I'd actually lost 7.6! My counsellor said that normal scales and the wii are completely inaccurate! They have a margin of 10%!! So if u weight 14 stone, they could tell u anything between 13 and 15!!

I also like the way u think about the weight loss; it doesn't matter how much u lose each week as long as it's going down!!

Keep going chick, and keep us posted!!

Xx

Oh my GOD! I didn't realise they were so rubbish! Well, I'll forget that then!

It would be amazing to lose another 7. That'd be a whole stone. In 2 weeks. I wish! To be fair though, we don't eat much do we, so it ought to be quite good :D

I just want this to work sooooo much. Must. Be. Patient.

On to a lovely (not) sachet of mushroom soup... :eat::eat:

Well done Tilley, you are doing great, and you are sounding so positive. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation with friends. I was in that situation last year where I seemed to attract people and their problems. I wanted to be a good friend and tried to “fix” them. Some just wanted to talk and for me to listen, but not want to do anything positive to change the things in their lives that upset them. It is really great to put your own life into perspective and realise what a great life you are living. You only get one chance at it after all.

Hey, loving the positive attitude, you rock!

Try not to think about cheating, flip it on its head, you have been 100% abstinent. I found that helps me and distract me from the whole cheating thing lol.

Poor dog will have no legs left lol

You will soon be in those smaller trousers it didnt take me to too long. I was very surprised about that thought it would take ages!

I'm not good with plain water...double urgh!

Cant wait to hear how you go on over the coming weeks xx

Right then, day... Hang on, what day is it... Day 17 I think.

Weigh in and group today and lost again-2.5lbs. So total loss of nearly 10lbs!

I was a bit disappointed but as I'm doing Lite and eating once a day I think this is something to be proud of. Its better and EASIER than any point counting/red green fiddling about, and I'm still partly in control of making sure I don't give in to temptation and eat what I'm supposed to as per the book. :)

So in kg I've done as follows:
79.9 - first weds info session WI
78.8 - first actual class and WI saturday
76.6 - second saturday WI
75.5 - third Saturday WI

LOVELY PATTERN THERE! Also it means in MY language I'm into the 11 stones now HURRAH. looking forward to beating my 'always get to 11.2 and fail'. Not this time. I'm gonna be a 10 stone or less girl now.

I'd love to lose a double this week and get 73.3 next Saturday. I'm still 100% and refuse to stop. In fact, thats my positive goal for lent-I hereby swear to not waver/cheat myself/give up on this for lent. I'm DOING this.

Went to shop after class, instead of spending 30 quid on food (as I've done to celebrate all other diets after WI) I bought a dress. A cute blue one with White swallows all over. Best news? I TRIED A 16 AND IT WAS TOO BIG, I TRIED A 14 AND IT WAS TOO BIG - I HAVE A SIZE 12 DRESS!!!

I DONT CARE WHY OR HOW BUT I AM WEARING THAT BABY TO WORK ON
MONDAY :) :)

So happy I'm doing LLL. people are noticing, I'm noticing, and the world seems really good right now.

Lots of smiley size 12 dress hugs to all you guys and thank you so much for being so lovely when I was down last week xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done, you are doing so well. Get you a size 12! Yiur dress sounds lovely xx

Hi, i love your diary. Its so down to earth. Im sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I lost my little boy three years ago and you are so right, it does alter the way you percieve things and how you live your life. I look at friends on face book wishing their lives away from one weekend to another and wish they would just stop and see how lucky they are to be here livng life. xxx

Day 23

So, day 23.

It's not getting 'harder' per se, it's just really starting to feel like I miss food. But of course I do, that's the point.

I don't have much to say. My clothes are a lot looser, my appetite is lower, I don't get bothered by other people eating. But I do feel a bit more tired than usual. Trying to up my water intake these last couple of days as I am not having enough and keep running out of the squash - it's just soooo expensive!

Trying to keep all my foods varied, and to have a few milkshakes (although I crave the bars) just to make sure I'm not relying on the same thing and have stuff to look forward to.

Well, tomorrow will be week 3 WI, so I hope it's good. No idea other than my clothes are really showing how i'm losign and my tummy has definitely gone down a lot (courtesy of weight loss and no carbs).

Biggest issue I have lately is thinknig about all the things i miss food-wise. It's annoying me. Partner says I should note down all of them and buy all when I hit my goal weight and have a bite of each of them... I'm not sure he gets the point. The list would go on and on and I'd end up throwing up or something lol!

Anyway, this is really working for me, and I still haven't cheated once. Despite wanting to when I see my boyfriend's food. But I absolutely refuse. I wonder how long until I break. Will I break? I don't want to.

Questions - questions. x

Hi Tilley,
We started LLL at around the same time! I was also feeling really good and energetic, today been a bit dizzy. Do you get that?
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope the meeting helps to keep you on track.
Big hugs during this tricky time xxx

Aw thanks, it's rubbish what life decides to do sometimes. But we must keep going right?

I do get that quite often if I over exert, or if I bend over and stand up too soon I get a bit fuzzy headed for a bit. I guess my body must be really confused as I've overfed it for so long it's never had to deal with so little calories!

Today I am absolutely STARVING too. Not sure what I'm doing differently. The only thing I can think of is that I am drinking plain water rather than using the LL powder in it. And I've had no milk in tea or coffee today.

Very odd. I can actually hear my stomach growling... usually wait till 7pm for dinner but not sure i'll be able to tonight!!!

How are you finding it? Are you having good losses? x

Are you keeping from having milk in tea and coffee for a reason? I'd pop some in! Might help settle the tummy. I swear, my bf recorded my tummy last weekend as it was making the loudest noises ever. Literally sounded like the grinch! But I didn't feel hungry, it just felt like gas and water sloshing about. Guess it was my tummy getting used to a lack of food.

This is my second week and I weigh in on Mondays. I'm finding it really good - mainly because it takes away the guilt of eating bad food and I feel less bloated without the carbs for sure.

Today's been the only day so far that I've struggled. It must be the carb withdrawal but I feel dizzy, lightheaded, and haven't been able to stagger my foodpacks properly. I'm trying to get through more water, hoping it'll pass!

In terms of weight loss, I lost 3lb in my first weigh in.

What about you? Do you have any nice recipes to share?

xx

Heya, i bought a lite recipe boom today and some broth so I can start cooking more for myself! Tonight I'm going to try the beef and Ginger curry. Not been a very good cook or fussed until now, but everything tastes wonderful when you get that one meal and I'm enjoying cooking!! When I have my computer rather than phone I'll post a few ideas.

So, it's the third WI (4th, but I started on a Weds and now go Saturday), now lost a total of 13lbs! So happy! I can tell because my clothes and coats are all loose. Wonder how long to get down from 11.9 to 10.9... Ooh Tilley being a ten stone something will be so exciting! X

Trying really hard to update my signature to show my weights and it keeps rejecting and saying it's too long... This is what I WANT to show everyone:
Wk 1: 79.9kg
Wk 2: 75.5kg - 4.4 kg
Wk 3: 74kg - 1.5kg
Total - 5.9kg 13lbs!!!!!

First target: 69kg
Dream Target: 62kg (9 stone 10lbs)

Surely that's not too long? Some of you guys have ones like this. Any help much appreciated! x

Worked it out in the end. Duuuuuh. AND I've managed to update the ticker.

Only just realised how my BMI has dropped. Most pleasing :) xx

Lol!!! You should call your diary Tilley's Tantrums!! ;)
Glad you managed to sort it out in the end though and well done you your weight loss so far x

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Well done tilley, looking forward to hearing how the recipes from the new book turn out. xx

Hahahahaahahaha! It should be Tilley's tantrums, if only you could have seen me cursing at the computer screen and counting the characters screaming 'ITS NOT MORE THAN 500 CHARACTERS YOU LYING &;@:"*****' etc.

So the beef and Ginger stirfry was good. Very good. Took a long time to make (a bit dense about recipes). Tasted amazing and managed to only have half although could have kept noshing. Will have other portion tonight.

Rubbish news is I feel really ill-just a cold but all achey neck and snot and headache. Something about that makes
Me want to revert to when I was little and eat macaroni cheese, toast, baguette and soup-all things fat and carb combined. Harrump.

Talked in class about red devil and White angel thoughts and one of my main ones was having others at the group who tell me week on week how they cheated and it makes me go away thinking I'm 'silly' for keeping 100%. honestly all they do is say 'I haven't been weighed because I ate and know I haven't lost' or 'did you know you can drink spirits and not come out of ketosis?'. Basically this is a last chance and a LOT OF MONEY for me, but it seems the others are rich ladies who holiday often, all dolled up in fancy clothes who just play at losing. I know this is my journey and all that stuff but being in class where others dont find this life-changing important like I do really annoys me. Especially when every week we focus on their failing and so no CBT for dealing with the issues I have for anger eating and bingeing in secret.

Worked up courage to ask LLC why it's week 4 and I dont have a module book yet and she told me to 'give her a chance' and I'll get one in the next couple of weeks. Told her I want this stuff to read when I need a boost during the week... Ah well. Will push again next week as I seriously think I'm paying for this stuff right?

So yeah, all fine. I'm doing this for me, I just wish the actual session would focus a bit more as the counselling is something I really want.

Long entry. Toodle pips for now xx

Back