LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Hi Helen
I've got my information session on Sunday- but I've already been to one with a different counsellor (I didn't take to her, and as I'm doing LL for the CBT, I want a Counsellor I can respect) - so I'm going to see a different one on Sunday.

But it means I already have my medical form completed. I expected an arguement from my doctor but actually she couldn't wait to sign it, at no charge too!! Hope your doctor is as understanding.

Good luck for Sunday.

start upping your water now ....except when you go to the sales !! ..no time for loo stops ! x

Thanks for the advice Mini, I hadn't thought of it like that. I have already started on my water intake as that seems very key from what I have been reading on here.

I will start to cut down on my carbs now then as I live on these and these only. My whole problem is bread, savoury pastry and crisps in the first place, i am not a sweet lover.

Will I almost certainly get headaches?

Tania xx

Hi Tania,

If you gradually cut out the carbs before starting it won't be such a shock to the system and you may not get a headache.

The headache is from the withdrawal from carbs..the brains favourite food is sugar.

What is Carbohydrates?
Carbohydrates is our main source of energy and most carbohydrate when broken down convert to sugar. This sugar is then stored in the muscles in the form of glycogen to produce energy when needed.
Remember, no matter how complex the carbohydrate, in its purest form, it is nothing but sugar, which s called glucose.
After you eat this glucose causes insulin to be released. The insulin helps regulate blood sugar levels and stimulates the uptake of glucose into the muscles and liver. Once the muscles are filled with glucose or in is stored form called glycogen, when the glycogen stores are full, the excess has to go somewhere and if you are not using it up with an active life such as walking, exercising strenuously and are just living a sedentary life style, then the extra glucose is converted to body fat and stored for later use.

There is more information here on this link:

http://www.minimins.com/nutrition-health-beauty/1777-what-calorie.html

Hope this helps:)

Love Mini xxx

start upping your water now ....except when you go to the sales !! ..no time for loo stops ! x

Great advice - I must admit I don't know how I'm going to drink all that water:eek: . My friends refer to me as "the Camel" not because I have humps (I hope) but because I really don't drink much at all (most day I have 4 cups of tea and 2 cans of diet coke) so thats going to be the biggest shock to the system. I think I'm going to need to some practice - in fact I think I might go an get a pint of water now.....:)

Sorry to jump on the thread lol

I am hoping to start the CD in 28th December if I can get to see my doctor this week (fingers crossed).

I have a lot of weight to lose so know I will need all the support I can get from the lovely peeps on here :)

I have a really good feeling about 2007:)

Hello!
I was gonna start after xmas but then I thought why wait?
Ill only be another stone heavier by then!
So I started on the 28th of November.
Unfortunately most people are waiting until after xmas I think for their last suppers so I have no group yet :(
I managed to lose a stone in my first 10 days which felt fantastic.
However on day 15 disaster struck and I passed out on a clinical placement (luckily I was in a hospital!) and was put onto a drip feed.
That was Friday and so I have been off the diet for 3 days (back on today) Im worried what effect that will have on my weight loss...
I lived on carbs before and I gotta say I had horrendous withdrawal symptoms serious headaches and flu like body aches, stomach cramps, nausea etc it also felt like I was going mad and had something crawling through my brain!
But after the 3rd day these disappeared and I felt amazing! better than ever.
I could jump out of bed in the morning and be awake before my alarm sounded!
The only lasting side effect seems to be cold hands and feet for me so id advise to buy some thick socks and gloves!
Other than that I can safely say I cant wait to get back on it today but Im worried about going through the withdrawal symptoms again :(
Pix x

Hi,
I am starting LL in January not sure of the date yet, my counsellor said it will be most likely be the second week. I can't wait to start and was hoping for the first week, but never mind what is a week. In the first week of January I will drink more water and cut down on my carbs so hopefully that will help me. By just reading on this board I know that is going to help me so much it is where I will go when things get tough - as I am sure they will and also to keep me motivated.

Hi everybody,

Well, what can I say. I went to initial meeting with L L Counsellor yesterday. She gave me a medical form which I am to return before starting (which is scheduled for 28th Dec).

Counsellor was very down to earth and told me about the weight loss experienced by her groups. That was great - but also was told that many people give up after first week - not because they found it diffiult, but because they were happy with large amount lost and used this as a springboard to start conventional diet.

Don't know about you, but intend to stick to LL till the end. My counsellor showed me photos of her before she lost the weight - and I have to be honest, if I had known her then and then saw her on street as she is now - I WOULD NOT HAVE RECOGNISED HER! Her transformation is amazing - she looks completely different. Now I am excited not just about losing the weight but also to how I will look at the end of this journey.

The photo gallery on this site is the same - really inspiring and I would recommend any new starters look at these - you will be in awe!.

Just got to wait another 10 days before I get the packs to start. Roll on 28th!

Helen xxx

Pixie,

Just read your post. So sorry to hear about your collapse. Do you think it was the diet?

Fantastic news about your stone weight loss in ten days tho! Well done.

Good luck with restart today - keep us all posted with your progress.

Helen x

Would just like to say........

Thank you to all of you who have joined this thread so far - isn't it just GREAT to know we have all this support?

Hope we can all stick together through the coming months - and anybody out there just reading these posts and thinking about VLCDs, COME ON AND JOIN IN!

What a team we have so far.......

Ann2shoes

tootsie

Mini (good advice about head not believing body losing weight - Counsellor said same thing)

Elsa (thanks for wishing me luck with Doc - saw her today and going to pick up form tomorrow - no charge! - Doc seemed happy I was going on diet)

Lisaloooo

Yorkiegirl (don't worry - 11th Jan be here soon!)

Pixie

Kitty

Hope I haven't missed anybody out - sorry if I have.

What a fantastic 2007 we are all going to have!

WE CAN DO IT ! ! ! !

Helen xxx

Pixie,

Just read your post. So sorry to hear about your collapse. Do you think it was the diet?

Fantastic news about your stone weight loss in ten days tho! Well done.

Good luck with restart today - keep us all posted with your progress.

Helen x

Hi Helen,

I have no idea!
I think it may have been the fact I was in a burning hot ward and didn't get the chance to sit down all day plus I hadnt slept the night before cos the idiots in the rooms above ours in the hotel were thumping around all night!
GRRR!
I had just observed a pretty gross endoscopy as well (tube up the patients bum!) with lots of poo which made me think of the chocolate foodpacks!
So I was exhausted boiling and bothered and I just hit the deck!
I'll have to see how it goes...My GP is ok with me going back on it he just advised me to take it easy.
Ive just eaten a foodpack and TBH it tasted like cardboard after being able to eat normal food for a couple of days but I felt this way the first time around and soon got used to it!
How much weight do you want to lose?
I want to lose about another 3st 12 (provided the last 3 days havent seen me pile anything back on!)

Pix x

Hi NowOrNever,

I am due to start LL on 8 Jan (my counsellor didn't want to face getting a bunch of blocks to turn out on a Holiday day), so like you am facing January with high levels of expectation and nervousness.

There sure seems a lot of support around here although mostly it is you good ladies who seem able to be open where blokes tend not to be so able to be.

Not sure how anyone else feels but to me, Serial dieting is almost an addiction in itself - last year it was GI Diet and mega -exercise regime (lost 4.5 stone and put 3.5 back on - top attender at the Gym 3 months in a row - nearly bloody killed me), year before was Atkins (lost 3 stone and put 4 back on), year before Slimming World - cannot remember the numbers but + equalled - !!!!. and so on

Never got to the issue, which is inside my head. I think we all know what healthy eating is and nothing infuriated me more than the slimbos in my family saying 'just eat in moderation'.

Anyhow, here I am (feeling a little selfish about my problems which makes me feel guilty - pass the crisps to make me feel better) sitting at a massive 348 lbs (24st 12lb) with a target weight of 200lbs (14st 4lb).

Cannot remember being under 20st for so long, that I chose my target 'cos its a round (pardon the pun) number - should be 12st 7lb fro my height but hey, I reckon if I can lose 10st 8lb, I'll worry about the other couple of stone then!.

God, it seems a million miles away - every time I say it or write it down, I feel like not even starting becuse I have never, I mean never, stuck to anything to get even close.

So I think ladies and gents, whilst I will do my best to help others and support them through their difficult times via this forum, I may be leaning (from time to time abd never with my full weight - promise) on your shoulders as well.

So heres to a Christmas that allows us to be relaxed and focused on the challenge ahead - I know that no hopers like me can achieve startling results (my cousin Julie lost 6 stone and is now a size 11 - her joke, half size 10, half size 12 - her husband is adamant that its a top half 10 as he sighs wistfully at memories) - so heres to startling success to us all.

Good luck (we will need it)

Mindless

By the way kind people, how do you put one of these ticker type things into your posts?

Not relevant for me at present, but I would hope it would be in the new year

cheers for any help/advice

Hi Mindless go to tickerfactory.com and make one then paste it on to your signature!
You can always do it now in anticipation of the countdown! :D

My advice to future lipotrimmers, the drinks take at least a week to get used too, and is best to use really cold water, i fill an old 2 litre bottle with water and keep it in the fridge. The flavours for the drinks are strawberry, chocolate and vanilla, with a chicken soup. They have 2 flavours of flapjack but to me they both taste the same. I personally cant stand the vanilla drink or the flapjacks.
My favourite is the chicken soup as hot as I can stand it.

Anyway after the first week it does get better and you do not feel hungry in the slightest. I am amazed at the weight loss, I have lost 2st 9lbs in 4 weeks.

Sonkie

Hi Pixie,

Really laughed about your choc pack comparison! I will make mental note to myself - not to pick up any choc foodpacks next week!

Sounds like you were having a very bad day when you collapsed, with everything. So - hope your ok this time and that it was not the diet, as I think it would be a great shame for you to have to stop now as you are doing so well. Congrats on losing your first stone. You do feel different already?

I want to lost 5 stone, maybe a little more if needed. I am a bit of a shorty (just over 5ft) so medical charts say I should weigh about the same as two sheets of paper and an envelope! We'll see.

Keep eating the cardboard!

Helen x

Hi Pixie,

Really laughed about your choc pack comparison! I will make mental note to myself - not to pick up any choc foodpacks next week!

Sounds like you were having a very bad day when you collapsed, with everything. So - hope your ok this time and that it was not the diet, as I think it would be a great shame for you to have to stop now as you are doing so well. Congrats on losing your first stone. You do feel different already?

I want to lost 5 stone, maybe a little more if needed. I am a bit of a shorty (just over 5ft) so medical charts say I should weigh about the same as two sheets of paper and an envelope! We'll see.

Keep eating the cardboard!

Helen x

:D Im not so tall myself about 5ft 4?
I wanna ideally lose 5st altogether....So hopefully around 4st left to lose but if I lost slightly less I would be ok with it!

TBH the choc foodpacks are the only ones I can stand as I think the soups are powdery hell even in a blender.
The savory drinks are ok tho.. a bit like a veggies stock cube in water mmmm.
Expensive tho I think they are 6 quid for 14....:eek: n u can have 2 per day so thats an extra 6 quid a week!

Hi Mindless go to tickerfactory.com and make one then paste it on to your signature!
You can always do it now in anticipation of the countdown! :D
Hi Pixie,

Tried what you said but keep getting Invalid File - am a bit if a technophobe I'm afraid

cheers

Mindless

Back