LL STARTERS IN JANUARY 2007

Your LL journey

As a new member to Minimins I am a bit lost. Saw your thread and thought I would send you a boost.
Having completed 4 months of LL July-Nov last year and shed 4 1/2 stone I hope your journey is as rewarding. Sadly due to finance I had to stop only half way to my goal weight. This has had a severe :mad:effect on my eating (you will undertand EGO STATES very quickly with your LL counselling!!) I have since regained 10kg (22lbs) and am now researching local Cambridge Diet counsellors due to nearly 1/2 cost.
DON'T FORGET YOU MUST drink your water:)

Best of luck.

NOT DOING TOO GOOD

Hi well second day in and the first day was a disaster!

After doing incredibly well all day, drank about 5 litres of water had my chicken soup which was ok and spent hours peeing, I lost control and had a mini binge late last night. I was not even hungry - I am so disgusted in myself and the state I have got myself into.:mad: :(

I am feeling more positive today and have decided to ignore yesturday and start afresh today.

Here's hoping I wil be able to find the strength to make it through today. I have a pop in on Sat morning, hoping this will give me a but more strength to persevere.

Hey Skinnyminni, chin up babe! You have the strength in you otherwise you would not have started this in the first place. i keep saying to myself "I can and I will!" I am going to take each day at a time

We have started at exactly the same time, I am on my second day. Like you I found yesterday really hard but went to bed early with my book and woke this morning with light still on, book next to me and realised I had made it thru the first day.

As we have started at exactly the same time, shall we bounce of each other for support? I have my first pop in Saturday as well, so I am sending you huge massive hugs and good luck!!!!

We can do this!!!!!!
Tania xx

Morning re-starters & new starters...
Today is my day 1 really, I've increased water over the last couplw of days & finished all the New Year leftovers. I've got me green book in my bag, packs & water - what more could I want??? I don't NEED anything!
We can do this, I've got a pop in on either Mon at 6pm just to check ketosis......

Countdown started 5...4...3....

I start on Monday (well I guess it will be Tuesday as I attend my first meeting on Monday) and I am incredibly excited about it. I haven't felt so positive about starting a diet in the last 10 years (yes I do start a new diet every year ... sigh) :confused: .

I've been upping my water intake each day this week (I made it to 3L yesterday but I'm only upto 1/2L today and its already 1pm!!!) Its hard work drinking all that liquid. Any tips on how you all manage it would be very welcome.

Mike 24: Welcome - I live in North London too and we will be starting at more or less the same time - we could encourage each other to keep going!

skinnyminny: Don't despair - decide this is the day you will succeed and let tomorrow worry about itself. Everyone here is supporting you.

Can't wait to start reading all your weight losses as they come in (and down :D )

Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for your support, I think this is going to help me get through this :)

Today is going ok so far I am going to up my water to 6 litres today to try & offset my binge last night.

Well done for everyone who is making it so far - heres to the summer & slimmer selfs all round!!!!

xxx

Hi Elsa

Re the water thing, I am not finding that too bad to be honest.

What I Have done is purchased 8 1/2 litre bottles and I fill these up each day. I drink one in a morning before I go to work.

I then target myself to drink 3 before lunchtime, which is just a case of keeping a bottle on my desk all the time & when I have finished it getting another one.

I drink another when I get home and then target myself to drink 3 more before bed.

The water is helping with the hunger, I have honestly not felt really hungry at all. I am peeing for England though which is a pain, but hopefully my body will get used to it soon.

Good luck

xx

They tell you to think of yourself as a 'water wheel' small amounts & often - though I can neck 1 litre at a time I have to slow down as I tend to 'flood'... Try it at room temperature I find this much easier than cold.... It's def def true that you need minium 4L xxx

Hi

yes agree with that, also room temp is much better to get down than ice cold water.

xx

Hi all

I am into day 3 now and have not felt hungry since day 1 which is fatastic. I am finding the water really easy to drink and am managing 5 litres (I find that I am thirsty so need to drink more than the 4 litres).

So far no glitches. I am finding that I am cooking my hubby and daughter more interesting meals! Hubby has had cooked brekky the last two mornings (weird never normally do that and he doesnt expect it either!)

I am not finding it as hard as I thought. I hope I am in Ketosis getting the funny taste in my mouth.

Looking forward to weigh in on tuesday

Heres to us all succeeding!!

Jo

First stop in

Hope everyone is doing O.K:)
I have just had my first stop in and after 2 days on LL I have lost 6lbs:D :D :D How much more motivation do I need I am walking on air!!!!

Everyone in our group turned up and did really well also and we all left with huge smiles on our faces! Have a good day
Tania xxxx

It's absolutely fantastic! I'm going through a really bad time at work right now and if I wasn't in ketosis, I'd be scoffing sugary snacks all day long to get me through this and that would just make things worse. The ketosis is actually making my life easier right now!! Strange but true...:eek:

Hi everyone
Had my first stop in today and I lost 2lbs but sadly not in ketosis yet. I have not faltered since the first day so was a teensy bit disappointed although I know a loss is good, eveyone else lost much more though.

Had a huge challenge today, had to go out to get my little boy some new shoes and we needed to stop in a cafe to feed him, I sat there with my coffee and toffee bar (which was nice) whilst my hubby tucked into burger & chips and my son had a jacket spud with tuna, was so hard I could easily have thought sod it and bought myself something. I am glad I didn't though and although it was hard, I will not be able to avoid situations like that so it was better to get it out of the way and come away knowing that I have acheived something even though I had not lost much weight.

Good luck to you all over the weekend xx

LL Day 1 Sunday 7th January

Hi there,
I went to my first LL meeting mid October and then fell quite ill the day after (nothing to do with LL!). I am going back to my LL meeting on Tuesday 9th, but since I have 7 packs here I am going to have my first pack tomorrow for dinner (after craftily having roast chicken for lunch first). As probably most people who start I am determined to do this. I have about 7 stone to loose and have been miserable for ages. I have a family of 3 children and a husband to carry on feeding, so I have made up a monthly meal plan that I can rotate and have done all my shopping orders on the internet to arrive weekly for the next month. Hopefully that way I won't have to think too much about food. I am really looking forward to being in control. This time I have told so many people that I am doing this so I will feel like a real failure if I slip off. I don't want to let them down either.

Good luck to all of you who have already started and Congratulations to all of you who have completed! I really admire you and hope that I can say the same about myself one day.

Still cooking for family

:) Hi there Jo,
I was really pleased to see that somebody else was kinda in the same boat as me and still had to cook for others. I will be starting tomorrow and am dreading that part of it. Well done to you though for managing 3 days already. The other thing I am dreading is drinking all that water. Have any of you tried the flavours? I wonder what they taste like. Anyway I'll find out soon enough.
Good luck!
Nicky

Back