Lolacola's EE Food Diary - Feedback and Advice Gratefully Received!

Monday 9th May 2011

Success Express Day

Breakfast
3 x green apples

Lunch

Salad: 1 x green pepper, pickled onions, beetroot, 2 x tomatoes
Little slice of SW Quiche which was filled with peppers, broccoli and tomato
5 x wafer thin chicken slices

Dinner
Quorn and veg chili - 1 x Red Pepper, 1 x Yellow Pepper, 1 x Orange pepper, 1 x onion, can of Chopped tomatoes, some passatta, 2 x handfuls of Quorn mince, chilli flakes, cayenne pepper, chilli powder and paprika (I had half the portion, having the rest tomorrow)

Served with half a plateful of torn Cos lettuce, a spoonful of Fat free fromage frais, and 42g Low Low Cheese (HeA)

Syns - 0

congratulations on that steely resolve you have there! Success express AND no syns.

Can I have some of your willpower and determination please!

I will be really shocked if you don't get a good loss this week :D so keep it up!

congratulations on that steely resolve you have there! Success express AND no syns.

Can I have some of your willpower and determination please!

I will be really shocked if you don't get a good loss this week :D so keep it up!

Thanks Autumnflower :D I know this isn't great to be having no syns at all, but I just don't know what to have. I'm actually really enjoying SE this week, and I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, because I'm usually craving all sorts, so I might keep those syns I didn't have and get myself something like a Chicken Chow Mein on WI night :D

I'm also doing a big push on drinking LOADS of water (although I haven't written about it on here) - so I think that's keeping my thoughts away from the little treats my mind starts wandering to in the evenings :D

Hope all is going well for you

x

Tuesday 10th May 2011

Success Express Day

Breakfast
1 Honeydew Melon

Lunch
SW quiche (filled with peppers, broccoli and tomato) with a salad: 10 pickled onions, 1 orange pepper and three tomatoes.

Dinner
Quorn and veg chili - 1 x Red Pepper, 1 x Yellow Pepper, 1 x Orange pepper, 1 x onion, can of Chopped tomatoes, some passatta, 2 x handfuls of Quorn mince, chilli flakes, cayenne pepper, chilli powder and paprika.

Served with half a plateful of torn Cos lettuce, a spoonful of Fat free fromage frais, and 42g Low Low Cheese (HeA)

Attachments

• dinner 10th may.JPG
    dinner 10th may.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 51
Wednesday 11th May 2011

Success Express Day

Breakfast
1 Cantaloupe Melon

Lunch
Home made Superfree Spicy Tomato Soup - I was sorely tempted by a Burger King at lunchtime today, but I resisted and waited til I got back to the office for this, and I was glad I did, it was lovely :D

Dinner

*SHOCK HORROR*
Chilli made with Quorn
SW wedges made with a smallish potato sprinkled with cajun spices (was delish)
spoonful of FF fromage frais
42g Low Low Cheese

Extras
2 x Alpen Light Bars HeB
1 Thornton's Chocolate (3.5 syns?)
Quorn Sausage, egg in a cup, 1 tbsp HP sauce (1 syn) - this was my after dinner snack as I was very hungry today for some reason????

Total Syns - 4.5

Well done on your WI tonight!! The success express is definitely working!!! :)

Thanks Rosh!! I was a tiny bit disappointed, I couldn't help it, had done WI at home and thought it was more, but at least I got off what I'd put on the week previously and a wee bit more :D

Was going to do Scanbran challenge but class had no Scanbran??? So going to go to Holland and Barrett on Sat and get some :D x MUST BREAK THE 10 STONE FORCEFIELD!!!

Thursday 12th May 2011

Success Express Day

Breakfast
Half a Honeydew Melon

Lunch
Superfree Spicy Tomato Soup
1/4 of a tub of FF Cottage Cheese

Dinner
Vegetable Curry - 2 small orange peppers, 1 large onion, 2 handfuls of fine green beans, tin of chopped tomatoes, small tin of mushy peas, sprinkling of Mild Curry powder
2 heaped tablespoonfuls (cooked weight) of boiled rice.

Syns - 0

Some very nice food today - really love the soup I had for lunch, am going to make another batch of it for lunch tomorrow. The curry was experimental - I was thoroughly NOT looking forward to eating it, but I was pleasantly surprised :D

Friday 13th May 2011

Extra Easy Day

Shoud have been success express but it kind of went downhill!

Breakfast

Half a Honeydew melon

Lunch
Bowl of Superfree Spicy Tomato Soup
Then I went out and got a Pastie bap from the chip shop. They are fairly common here in Northern Ireland, but I believe you can't get them anywhere else, so to explain, it is pork, mashed potato, herbs and spices, formed into a 'burger' shape, covered in batter and deep fried and served in a bun like a burger. I had it with tomato ketchup.

Not sure how many syns here, but I'd guess about 20

Dinner
Couldn't be bothered cooking tonight so I just had a plateful of SW wedges, topped with 42g Low Low cheese (HeA) and 2 tbsp Hellmann's Extra Light Mayo (3 syns)

Total Syns - 23

Saturday 14th May 2011

Off Plan Day - But I'll list what I had anyway.

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Tin of Heinz reduced sugar and salt baked beans
2 x Weight Watcher's Wolemeal bread - toasted

Dinner
Domino's meal for one - 1 x small Pepperoni Passion pizza, 1 x Garlic pizza bread and a tin of Diet Coke plus 1 BBQ dip and 1 Garlic and Herb dip.

There were 18 syns in the dips alone and I won't even try to hazard a guess at how many syns were in the actual food. I also had a bottle of red wine and 2 x chocpop shots, so I think it's pretty safe to say I've well and truly used up my weekly synnage - so from now until WI will be syn free :D

Sunday 15th May 2011

Success Express
Day

Breakfast
None - slept late

Lunch
Superfree Spicy Tomato Soup
1 tub of ff cottage cheese

Dinner

Veg and Quorn chilli - usual recipe, lots of peppers, onion, tinned toms, handful of Quorn, topped with a little FF fromage frais and 42g Low Low cheese (HeA)

Total Syns - 0

lolacola said:
Then I went out and got a Pastie bap from the chip shop. They are fairly common here in Northern Ireland, but I believe you can't get them anywhere else, so to explain, it is pork, mashed potato, herbs and spices, formed into a 'burger' shape, covered in batter and deep fried and served in a bun like a burger. I had it with tomato ketchup.

At home in Hull, we have something extremely similar called a pattie. It's essentially the same but without the pork in it! Usually just have it with chips, but occasionally in a bun (I also would have it with ketchup!!)

I don't think any other places really do it Outside of my home town! Same with chip spice, (paprika flavoured salt like stuff) it's in every single chip shop and takeaway place at home, but anywhere else.... Not a sausage!

At home in Hull, we have something extremely similar called a pattie. It's essentially the same but without the pork in it!

Maybe it's the same thing we have :D It's one of those things, no one is exactly sure what goes into it, there's definitely mashed potato in it but there's more to it - so I'm guessing pork! :D They are so nice, that's the first time I've had one at all this year :D

Success Express
Day

Breakfast
Three green apples

Lunch
Superfree Spicy Tomato Soup - made this a different way today and it was yuck! Tinned carrots are definitely the way to go here!

Dinner
1 jar of beetroot
Pile of boiled mixed veg (broccoli, cauliflower and fine green beans!!)
2 x Quorn Cumberland Sausages

Total Syns - 0

Hey Lolacola,

Just thought I'd drop by and say :wavey: as I spotted on another thread how scarily similar our stats are!!! :D

I am loving your pictures and the more I read of Success Express the more I am tempted by it!

We WILL get to this elusive 10 stone - probably around about the same time if our journeys so far are anything to go by!

GOOD LUCK xxxx

Hey Lolacola,

Just thought I'd drop by and say :wavey: as I spotted on another thread how scarily similar our stats are!!! :D

I am loving your pictures and the more I read of Success Express the more I am tempted by it!

We WILL get to this elusive 10 stone - probably around about the same time if our journeys so far are anything to go by!

GOOD LUCK xxxx

Hey Katerpillar - thanks for the message :D I noticed the stats too in the inspirational photos page :D

My laptop got a virus on it and I lost all my photos from 2006-present :cry:but I managed to steal a few 'before' ones from friends FB pages, so hopefully I'll be able to make one soon :p

Actually really enjoying Success Express - it gave me a good loss last week (after my gain the week before) and although my food is quite samey, I really like it :D Good luck to you too, hope we get there SOON :D x

Tuesday 17th May 2011

Success Express Day

Breakfast
3 apples (one green, two pink)

Lunch
Large bowl of Superfree Spicy Tomato Soup (back to the tried and tested recipe, YUM)

Dinner
Quorn and veg chilli (the veg was fine green beans, loads of mixed peppers, large onion, tinned tomatoes and 2 chopped tomates) served with half a plate of lettuce

Syns - 0

Wednesday 18th May 2011

Success Express Day

Breakfast
3 pink apples

Lunch
Spicy Tomato Soup

Dinner
Quorn and Veg chilli
Large Salad
Half a tub of FF cottage cheese

Syns - 0

Thursday 19th May 2011

Success Express Day

Breakfast
3 x apples

Lunch
Veg and Quorn Chilli

Dinner
Made a SW Quiche - tub of Quark, 3 egg whites, 1 egg yolk, loads of mixed peppers and onions, 2 x tomatoes and HeA of Light Feta Cheese. I had half of this quiche with some lettuce, beetroot and tomato, plus 2 tbsp extra light Heinz Salad cream (2 syns)

Total Syns - 2

Hey, hope you dont mind me having a wee look...your food diary looks great :)

Can I ask what success express is?

x

Thanks Slimjim! :D Success Express is another plan SW have for when you want to boost your losses - It's similar to Extra Easy only you need to have 2/3 of your plate superfree as opposed to the 1/3 you have on Extra Easy, and you have to syn everything at the highest value, unlike in Extra Easy where you syn it at the lowest value :D

Friday 20th May 2011

Green Day

Breakfast
3 x apples

Lunch
Half my SW quiche from last night

Dinner
Quorn and veg chilli with cajun SW wedges, topped with FF fromage frais and 42g Low Low Cheese (HeA)

Extras
Chocolate Hobnob - 4.5 syns
Large glass of red wine - 8.5 syns

Total Syns - 13

Back