• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Look What We Found website

S: 27st3lb C: 25st9lb BMI: 54.6 Loss: 1st8lb(5.77%)
I remember somone buying them direct and they took ages to arrive.

Our local Morrisons sell some of the dinners. But also seen them at Tesco, Asda and Waitrose.

Irene xx

S: 27st3lb C: 25st9lb BMI: 54.6 Loss: 1st8lb(5.77%)
Yep I'm still on the look out for meals in normal shops too, found the chilli con carne in a tesco and some soups in sainsburys. If I could find the pork meatballs and the sausage one in the supermarket I'd be laughing then lol Will try a morrisons at the weekend :)

CarolineM

Stubborn and doing it
I think Jan buys them direct but not sure. The supermarkets seem to have a very limited choice. But I figure if money is tight I may switch to just getting the dinners and eat bran flakes and cheaper soups for breakfast and lunch.

JanD

maintaining since June'09
S: 15st9.5lb C: 10st13.6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 24.8 Loss: 4st9.9lb(30.02%)
I buy some dinners and soups direct from LWWF although I buy more supermarket soups now - The Green Giant Garden Veg one is gorgeous! Lloyd Grossman's carrot & coriander is to die for but is a bit of a treat as it's higher in cals. but shareable as it's 400g so that compensates. I've also had some Baxter's healthy choice ones which are really nice, smoked bacon & beans is lovely. I've bought some of Sainsbury's own but haven't tried them yet.

I can get the chilli, the meatballs with butterbeans, the lamb hotpot, the beef & basil meatballs and the one that's got the porter ale in it (can't think what it's called), the chicken, the pea & ham, mushroom and tomato soups between Sainsbury's and Tescos so I don't order much from LWWF.

For a change I sometimes get some 'weight to go' meals from Avidlite (www.avidlite.co.uk) They have a couple of chicken dishes and a pasta bolognese amongst other things, they are lower in calories generally than LWWF. Delivery is quite expensive from them though at around £6 (I think) as opposed to £2.95 from LWWF, BUT they come the next day whereas delivery from LWWF can be a bit hit and miss and you really need to order at least a week before you need them to guarantee you'll have them.

The granola I get from Tesco in 500g bags which I split between 5 containers and have half of one a day (I just know I wouldn't weigh out 50g in the morning :)) I haven't found the flavoured stuff anywhere but I like the plain, with muller light vanilla yoghurt on it the taste reminds me of cake mixture ....... (??probably just me ;))

I originally got the Nak'd bars (which I like) in a mixed box from the company that distributes them but I haven't bothered since as you can get the cocoa ones and the berry ones in packs of 5 from Sainsbury's and I have Hi-Fi bars from SW sometimes instead.

I reckon I've got the cost down to about £37-£38 a week, which is no saving at all if you're getting 5 weeks for the price of 4 but is quite a bit if you're paying full price.

Sorry this is a bit long but someone may find it useful.

Last edited:

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
S: 24st9lb C: 18st1lb G: 12st4lb BMI: 38.5 Loss: 6st8lb(26.67%)
Just checked tesco website out of interest and my local one carries a few of the Look What We Found meals (are these the ones used in diet chef I am assuming? dont know much about diet chef im afraid). Anyway, point is that they are on offer at the mo! up until 27th Jan apparently. Just thought I would share :D

JanD

maintaining since June'09
S: 15st9.5lb C: 10st13.6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 24.8 Loss: 4st9.9lb(30.02%)
Good point, thanks Caryl :)