Looking for Shake that Weight buddy

Thanks Jneedham, yeh i'm really chuffed! Wow your journey sounds inspiring! Well done for your commitment and overall weightloss, that's incredible! Nix :)

Nix if I can do it anybody can believe me! I have started and dropped out of so many diets in my life it's ridiculous! I've tried everything from Atkins to weight watchers with crazy ones in between like the cabbage soup diet, xenicol from the doctor and so on and never managed more than a couple of stones before hitting a plateau and dropping out just to pile it all back on with more on top.

With the VLCD's the weight comes off quicker, there are no distractions in the way of food and you feel more in control.

I have been having a low carb evening meal this week but that's only because I did an asda shop that was delivered last Friday and have a fridge full of muller light yoghurts and high protein foods and fresh veg that I don't want to waste.

Keep up the good work girls, we have at last found that there is light at the end of the tunnel and we are going for it!

Jayne x

Well said Jayne!

I'm going to have a STW porridge for breakfast. I will let you know what it tastes like.
The bars are very small. I will have one later and report back re flavour. x

The low down on the porridge is that it's quite sweet, the consistency of semolina and the taste of farleys rusks. I can live with that for 1 meal a day but can't see it being my favourite. It is very filling though which is a massive plus point for me. Hope this helps x

Just had a dark chocolate bar and they're Devine! Chewy like a starburst in that they're not chewy enough to make your jaw ache. They taste like good dark chocolate. If I was being picky I would say that half way down they start to taste a bit dry and bitty but nothing that a drink doesn't fix. They're filling too which is a big bonus. I was concerned that they were small bars but they make up for that by being very satisfying. Up to now I am very impressed with how satisfying the meals are. It's 3.00 pm and I haven't eaten since breakfast at about 10.30 but didn't feel very hungry which is why I opted for a bar. I could have easily gone another hour or 2 before feeling ready to eat. All in all I'm impressed, the icing on the cake will be the weight loss of course. x

Hi :)
I just received my order of shakes (6 week supply!) and I saw this thread so I thought I'd jump aboard!
I'm starting on monday including weighing myself.. I'm pretty sure I'm around 18st :cry:and with only being 5ft5 I'm well a bit more than "chubby".
I just wondered what everyone has for evening meals? As I will need to go shopping for this over the weekend so I'm well prepared.

Nix if I can do it anybody can believe me! I have started and dropped out of so many diets in my life it's ridiculous! I've tried everything from Atkins to weight watchers with crazy ones in between like the cabbage soup diet, xenicol from the doctor and so on and never managed more than a couple of stones before hitting a plateau and dropping out just to pile it all back on with more on top.

With the VLCD's the weight comes off quicker, there are no distractions in the way of food and you feel more in control.

I have been having a low carb evening meal this week but that's only because I did an asda shop that was delivered last Friday and have a fridge full of muller light yoghurts and high protein foods and fresh veg that I don't want to waste.

Keep up the good work girls, we have at last found that there is light at the end of the tunnel and we are going for it!

Jayne x

Yup, well said! Me too, I've tried every diet and lost and put back on again.. I really need to learn BALANCE in my food intake.

Hi :)
I just received my order of shakes (6 week supply!) and I saw this thread so I thought I'd jump aboard!
I'm starting on monday including weighing myself.. I'm pretty sure I'm around 18st :cry:and with only being 5ft5 I'm well a bit more than "chubby".
I just wondered what everyone has for evening meals? As I will need to go shopping for this over the weekend so I'm well prepared.

Welcome :)

I'm having a meal in the evening at it consists of green veg (broccoli, cabbage, dwarf beans etc) and a piece of lean protein the size of my palm. I just check the carb and fat content before buying anything. The my fitness pal app is great for this. Good luck and hope you keep in touch. My current weight is 17.13 so we're close together. Nix :)

This week I am having an evening meal, next week I'm going total. Tonight I'm having smoked haddock and cabbage. I will follow that with a muller light yoghurt and some mango. I don't know if I should have these but I'm pretty sure my total calories for the day will be around the 800 mark. I noticed on TMR that the calories of 4 meals, porridge, soup, shake and bar only adds up to less than 550 calories. Isn't this a bit too low? What else are you girls on total having to bring the calories up a bit? X

Thank you for the replies :) Have you (and if so what) been adding any herbs or anything to your lean protein.. I know if I'm just eating meat and veg without it being a "meal" I'm going to struggle a bit more lol.
I did notice we were similar in body size/height Nix.. Although I am very jealous that you have 2inches on me height wise!!!

Thank you for the replies :) Have you (and if so what) been adding any herbs or anything to your lean protein.. I know if I'm just eating meat and veg without it being a "meal" I'm going to struggle a bit more lol.
I did notice we were similar in body size/height Nix.. Although I am very jealous that you have 2inches on me height wise!!!

Last night I had sirloin steak with Schwartz steak seasoning, mashed carrots with a pinch of nutmeg and broccoli with garlic salt and oregano. Does that help DD? You won't struggle love believe me. I started this on Monday and have had a meal similar to this every night and when I got on the scales this morning I have lost a total of 9lbs and I don't officially weigh in until Monday!

Hi and welcome DodgingDoughnuts!

I eat an evening meal and I often have stir frys with chicken, turkey or prawns. I add herbs and ginger, lime, or soy sauce etc to make my own seasoning, I never use packet sauces and I don't cook with oil either, I use fry light spray which I was introduced to when I did SW and have never used oil since.

On the Shake that Weight website it says "Most herbs and spices are fine in normal quantities used for cooking and could include garlic, ginger, chilli, curry powder, cinnamon, and paprika and pepper."
normal quantities used for cooking and could include garlic, ginger, chilli, curry powder, cinnamon, and paprika and pepper
I really like fish so have that sometimes too, it's really low in cals, fond of lemon sole and sea bass and of course have with lots of veg.

I like to have salads as well a couple of times a week; I made a salad nicoise the other night which was yummy - tuna, green beans, boiled egg, lettuce etc. I sometimes have an mushroom omelette with salad which is filling.

I have had lean steak or extra lean mince on a few occasions but not regularly.

I miss curry but found a great recipe to make healthy chicken curry in my slow cooker using fat free natural yogurt to make the sauce, it's gorgeous.

During the day I have a small portion of fruit or a very small portion of nuts.

I also use MyFitnessPal to do a food diary and I am religious with it so complete it every day and it tracks calories, fat, sugar, carbs and also tells me how many calories I've burnt when taking exercise. It is amazing! I was writing everything down before and it's easier doing it online.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies :) Have you (and if so what) been adding any herbs or anything to your lean protein.. I know if I'm just eating meat and veg without it being a "meal" I'm going to struggle a bit more lol. I did notice we were similar in body size/height Nix.. Although I am very jealous that you have 2inches on me height wise!!!

Ha ha! Don't be silly.. I bet your gorgeous just the height u are. Yeh I've been adding whatever I want spice / herb wise.. Watching the salt but other than that, use whatever I want. I need some new ideas for veg tho... Welcome any ideas from anyone!! Xx

Last night I had sirloin steak with Schwartz steak seasoning, mashed carrots with a pinch of nutmeg and broccoli with garlic salt and oregano. Does that help DD? You won't struggle love believe me. I started this on Monday and have had a meal similar to this every night and when I got on the scales this morning I have lost a total of 9lbs and I don't officially weigh in until Monday!

This sounds lovely.. Have you got other veg recipes you could share with us?? I've got one which I tried the other night.. In a foil parcel, laid pal choy and green beans in a pile, herbs and spices to your liking and then topped with a piece of salmon baked for 12 mins... Yummo!! :)

Hi and welcome DodgingDoughnuts!

I eat an evening meal and I often have stir frys with chicken, turkey or prawns. I add herbs and ginger, lime, or soy sauce etc to make my own seasoning, I never use packet sauces and I don't cook with oil either, I use fry light spray which I was introduced to when I did SW and have never used oil since.

On the Shake that Weight website it says "Most herbs and spices are fine in normal quantities used for cooking and could include garlic, ginger, chilli, curry powder, cinnamon, and paprika and pepper."
normal quantities used for cooking and could include garlic, ginger, chilli, curry powder, cinnamon, and paprika and pepper
I really like fish so have that sometimes too, it's really low in cals, fond of lemon sole and sea bass and of course have with lots of veg.

I like to have salads as well a couple of times a week; I made a salad nicoise the other night which was yummy - tuna, green beans, boiled egg, lettuce etc. I sometimes have an mushroom omelette with salad which is filling.

I have had lean steak or extra lean mince on a few occasions but not regularly.

I miss curry but found a great recipe to make healthy chicken curry in my slow cooker using fat free natural yogurt to make the sauce, it's gorgeous.

During the day I have a small portion of fruit or a very small portion of nuts.

I also use MyFitnessPal to do a food diary and I am religious with it so complete it every day and it tracks calories, fat, sugar, carbs and also tells me how many calories I've burnt when taking exercise. It is amazing! I was writing everything down before and it's easier doing it online.

Rachella, I was told that citrus fruits like lime can bring you out of ketosis. I can see that you have done amazing up to now but that's what I was told by my LL consultant so I avoid them. Saying that I have been having muller light orange yoghurt with dark chocolate sprinkles and it's not done me any harm this week.
I also use myfitnesspal. It's not right happy with me cos it thinks I would lose weight on 1390 calories a day and says my less than 800 is not enough! I probably would lose weight but very, very slowly.
You sound like a very adventurous cook, unlike myself lol x have a good weekend x

Ha ha! Don't be silly.. I bet your gorgeous just the height u are. Yeh I've been adding whatever I want spice / herb wise.. Watching the salt but other than that, use whatever I want. I need some new ideas for veg tho... Welcome any ideas from anyone!! Xx

I like mashed potatoes and have had mashed swede, mashed celeriac, mashed butternut squash and mashed carrots to name a few to make up for the lack of potatoes! Aren't I sad lol. You could also make wedges with the sweet potatoes the slimming world way. Par boil then dry and put in a hot oven with fry light over and herbs/spices of your choice for 10 minutes a side x

This sounds lovely.. Have you got other veg recipes you could share with us?? I've got one which I tried the other night.. In a foil parcel, laid pal choy and green beans in a pile, herbs and spices to your liking and then topped with a piece of salmon baked for 12 mins... Yummo!! :)

I did something a bit similar with my smoked cod the other night. I put asparagus on top, not much but it was nice. I also used Schwartz fish spices. x

I didn't think we could have sweet potato? I also use my fitness pal, it's brilliant! Can you gals tell me what the max carbs is we should be having to stay in ketosis?

Hi and welcome DodgingDoughnuts! I eat an evening meal and I often have stir frys with chicken, turkey or prawns. I add herbs and ginger, lime, or soy sauce etc to make my own seasoning, I never use packet sauces and I don't cook with oil either, I use fry light spray which I was introduced to when I did SW and have never used oil since. On the Shake that Weight website it says "Most herbs and spices are fine in normal quantities used for cooking and could include garlic, ginger, chilli, curry powder, cinnamon, and paprika and pepper." normal quantities used for cooking and could include garlic, ginger, chilli, curry powder, cinnamon, and paprika and pepper I really like fish so have that sometimes too, it's really low in cals, fond of lemon sole and sea bass and of course have with lots of veg. I like to have salads as well a couple of times a week; I made a salad nicoise the other night which was yummy - tuna, green beans, boiled egg, lettuce etc. I sometimes have an mushroom omelette with salad which is filling. I have had lean steak or extra lean mince on a few occasions but not regularly. I miss curry but found a great recipe to make healthy chicken curry in my slow cooker using fat free natural yogurt to make the sauce, it's gorgeous. During the day I have a small portion of fruit or a very small portion of nuts. I also use MyFitnessPal to do a food diary and I am religious with it so complete it every day and it tracks calories, fat, sugar, carbs and also tells me how many calories I've burnt when taking exercise. It is amazing! I was writing everything down before and it's easier doing it online.

Rachellla, your diet sounds similar to mine. May I ask what 'stats' are you aiming for on my fitness pal, ie: how much carbs / fat / sugar are you consuming a day, would be good for me to compare to myself, make sure I'm doing things right! :)

Starting in the morning

Hi All

I'm starting the STW plan tomorrow 8/9/14

Don't see any other men on here so guess I must be the only one lol

A bit worried about eating in between shakes

Its great to read all your stories a real inspiration keep it up

Back