looking for support and inspiration

kazzymc

Gold Member
:wave_cry: Hi every body

Im at a low ebb at the moment feeling very depressed about my weight im around 5ft 5 and i jumped on the scales on friday and suddenly realised i was over 17 stone jumped off quick in shock need to do a proper weigh now that the shock has worn off, so i decided to look online for support and inspiration and found this forum which looks very friendly and supportive and decided to join, i turned 37 this year so my goal is to be slimmer for when i turn 40.
I dont want to diet i just want to eat healthily and walk more as i hate gyms and excercise classes but i think alot of that is due to low self esteem, so ive decided my new life starts here and with any luck ill manage to achieve a weight loss and feel healthier, apologies for rambling and thanx in advance for any support and encouragement.

Hi,

Well you are right about the support and friendliness of all on here. There is not much that hasn't been posted about, mulled over and disected and 101 replies on how to solve it on here! So welcome and never be afraid to ask questions regardless of how stupid or graphic they seem.

I am 38 in November 5ft 5 and when I started I was 17st 10! There now that wasn't too bad (I never admit to anything if I can help it, it looks worse on paper!) So we have very similar circumstances and goals. I know exactly how you feel and how you can feel in the future!

Ok so in February I decided to do something about it. I started Cambridge 8th Feb and have not looked back since (except to admire my rapidly diminishing bum!). I have lost 5 st in 4 mths and I am much happier. Now I'm not looking for praise etc and I don't want to force my views or opinions on you. I'm just pointing out that it is possible and you can achieve your goals. Have you thought about doing something like Cambridge or Lipotrim or something like that to kick start the weight loss? Or weight watchers where there is a good support group for the difficult times?

Anyway whatever way you decide to go I wish you good luck, positive energy and remember do this for yourself, do whatever suits your lifestyle and personality etc and remember it is possible.

i must confess i find so many of the diest very confusing about whats allowed and whats not and its like arggggggggggggggggg so i thought i would try healthy eating and get the whole family on it as my partner is over weight and the second eldest daughter is overweight and hope that i can inspire her to lose the weight while shes young so she doesnt end up fed up and fat like i feel alot of time im hoping tips on this site that i find i can put to use and help myself and by reading the posts i feel more hopeful than i did so fingers crossed i can get my inspiration and mptivation moving probably with a huge boot up my backside( which im hoping to reduce in size)

Hiya Kazzy, welcome and good luck with your weightloss journey :)

Sounds like a good plan. Only other piece of advice is to drink loads and loads or water. And when you have finished, drink more water! Plenty of fresh fruit and veg and a little exercise each day. Eat a little and often as it helps speed up metabolism. I know it's not rocket science and that this advice is nothing new but it's a start.

Anyway good luck to you and the family, let us know if we can be of help!

Thanx for the encouraging messages, certainly helps that theres ppl out there willing to encourage someone on and has certainly put a smile on my face today, reading alot of the posts has certainly helped me. i hope im gonna be a frequent poster and with positive news like ive lost some weight must sort out height weight etc and get a ticker bar up and running and then just eat healthy (must give up crisp addiction) and walk the poor dogs more and hope for the best:D

I find loosing weight very intimidating too, diets defiantly scare me - so many rules I turn back in to a rebellious teenager wanting to break all the rules! I think for long term sustainable loss you just need to go back to basics i.e. eat healthy natural foods keeping processed foods (inc crisps) as once in a while items. As above fresh fruit, veg, whole (grain) carbs, lean cuts of meat and fish lots of water and some source of calcium (I prefer leafy greens to dairy). If your dogs don't like walking as much as you want to then walk them one at a time - you will get lots of walking in then!

Good luck

Ditto Crimson Noir! Good advice. I'm a recovering bulimic who decided food wasn't going to rule my life anymore. I started eating healthy (& keeping it in!) and learnt what portion control was- i.e. a portion of pasta is not one thats fills 3/4 of the plate! LOL! I avoid processed food & ready meals as much as I can (sometimes time/circumstances mean I have to make do!) and eat off my 3 yr old daughters plate! I also have an underactive thyroid just to sc*ew me even more, but despite that the weight is coming off slowly but surely! A few weeks theres been no loss, but I know that my body usually 'catches' up the next week and shows the loss then! Definately drink plenty of water as well, my skin has never looked so good! It can be done- I was 17 1/2 stone at one stage & got down to 10 1/2 (my goal now!) but marriage & 2 kids meant I went back up to 14 1/2 stone. I'm 11st 9lb now so well on the way....keep the faith- we're all in the same boat!

Hi Kazzyh4 - I've just joined and started my diet on Friday. I'm the same height and similar weight to you, so if you want a diet buddy I'm here.

I'm not following a hard and fast diet, kind of doing an old WW programme which I succeeded with previously. I don't do exercise either, although I've vowed to walk more.

I look forward to seeing you about. Good luck.

Hiya everyone

Thanx for the support its been amazing, samantha id love a diet buddy support is the most important thing i need and a good kick up the backside lol

Hi Kazzy

I am glad you found this forum, you will find it so inspiring and helpful:cool:

I am struggling also to lose weight, I have been calorie counting, which has involved really retraining my attitude toward food in general, my portion sizes have reduced, but my fruit n vege has increased. I now read tha back of packets and ask myself, if I really want/need that biscuit, or that pack of crisps, if I still want it, I will have it and then perhaps I will claw that back by going for a walk or on the exercise bike;)

Its quite daunting, when you look at what you want your target weight to be, I want to lose about 4 stones, (although more would be nice, but I think thats not achievable) So I break mine down into little chunks and that helps me not look at it as such a high mountain to climb, but little hills;)

You have been given some great advice by the other posters in this thread and I am sure that you will succeed in your weight loss journey. Take it slow and if you slip up, don't be hard on yourself, just get pack on the right path again and when you see the weight coming off, you will be so rewarded that you will not want to give this up.

Take care and do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on:cool:

Kazzy - that's a deal then:)

kewl im visiting the nurse on friday for a blood pressure check so im going to get her to check my height and weight so ive got an accurate starting point to work out weightloss goals

That sounds a good idea.

I guess the thing to remember is that while you're waiting for your appointment, you don't "fill your face" - that's what I've done in the past:( thinking I'm going to be missing out on the "nice" stuff, but then I have more weight to loose.

dunno about you but my biggest challenge is not eating crisps i seem to have some sort of addiction with them im sure everyone has a problem food but ive done well so far today ive not had any and thats a big achievement for me

I'm a bit of a secret eater. It's something I've done since I was about 7. Unfortunately, my hubby works shifts and now the boys are older nobody is about to see me with my hoard of Cadbury products.

My hidey hole is empty so I'd have to get in the car and drive a couple of miles to the nearest shop, which I'm not prepared to do this time.

I also had big meals of the wrong stuff. I'm still filling the plate but going with quarter protien, quarter carb and half veg/salad which I think is about right.

I guess everybody has their vice. I can take it or leave alcohol, but chocolate that is just another story...

dunno about you but my biggest challenge is not eating crisps i seem to have some sort of addiction with them im sure everyone has a problem food but ive done well so far today ive not had any and thats a big achievement for me

You can still have them, but change ordinary crisps to something like French Fries, they hav very little fat and cals in them and if you eat they really slow, they can last a whole evening. Can you tell Crisps are one of my weakness's too:D Try not to eat them every day though, maybe 3 times a week, you will find you enjoy them more.

yeah im trying to fill up on veg/salad and im planning on making a batch of home made soup diff varieties and freezing it in cup size portions for lunches and that so im not tempted to reach for the crisps, i do like a drink but im not a huge chocolate fan i can eat one choccy biscuit or bar of chocolate and leave it at that so im lucky that way

wish ur a very lucky person to be able to limit the crisps ive discovered for me that with crisps it has to be all or nothing if i have one pkt im like mmmmm another one wont matter then another and before i know it ive eaten a multi pack and the kids are asking where the crisps have gone lol

Back