Looking to lose weight over the next 6 months to a year.

I've made decent progress this month with weight at 202.8 lbs.

Last edited:
Weight now down to 198.8 lbs.
Just a touch over 14 Stone with a little to go to achieve target.
Will continue with current exercise and diet regime.
18 Months of determination with a few bumps on the road during my progress.

Last edited:

well done, you're doing great. Bumps along the way affect us all, the main thing is we carry on x

Nice work! Just had a read through the thread and the exercise bike in the garage is really helping me too. The one thing that's surprised me with it is the strain it has put on my knees though. Everyone was telling me how stress free cycling is. My knees and recently elbows have been taking a right beating, I've got a feeling I need to sort out my posture on the bike but haven't got around to it yet.

Having just read through your thread from the beginning, have you got a new recorded best distance over 35mins?

RE: Bert

At the moment it's probably on average 21.6 Km every thirty five minutes.
I was finding it to easy without upping the resistance every few months.

I've upped the resistance level over time so the distances have dropped over time.
I will increase the wattage at the end of the end of this month due to finding exercise getting easier.
This is probably down to my fitness increasing, getting stronger and weighing a lot less.
I tend to base it more on the wattage burned rather than distance covered.
I've gone from wattage at around 180 Watts around a year ago to 250-270 Watts.
The next increase resistance level will probably take me to around 300 Watts.

Last edited:
RE: Tristar

I just try to be consistent each month both with exercise and diet but with the usual occasional obstacles.
I'm going maintain my diet and exercise but have not set another target weight.
Just going to allow my weight to drop to a comfortable point.

RE: Bert

At the moment it's probably on average 21.6 Km every thirty five minutes.
I was finding it to easy without upping the resistance every few months.

I've upped the resistance level over time so the distances have dropped over time.
I will increase the wattage at the end of the end of this month due to finding exercise getting easier.
This is probably down to my fitness increasing, getting stronger and weighing a lot less.
I tend to base it more on the wattage burned rather than distance covered.
I've gone from wattage at around 180 Watts around a year ago to 250-270 Watts.
The next increase resistance level will probably take me to around 300 Watts.

I do all of mine on a smart trainer and zwift and have an FTP of 248w now. I tend to do hour sessions and probably average around 20 miles in those but they often include horrible climbs in them!

Do you ever get outdoors on a bike? It is soo much easier riding on the road than an exercise bike, it's made me appreciate getting out on the bike much more!

Unfortunately just the exercise bike.
Too many idiot drivers at times on the road when I cycled to work in the past.
It's bad enough on a motorcycle but worse in regards to bicycles.

My average is just over 26 Miles per day.
I try to complete at least 300 km per week when circumstances permit.
I tend just stay at constant rate but just up the resistance when I notice that my distances covered are well past my daily target.
The wattage is truer reflection of exertion rather than distance.

I've managed to achieve the lose 5 Stone initial goal set in October 2017.
Had a few bumps along way but it would be too easy otherwise.

Just over 40, male.
I'm 6ft tall and well built.
I've not signed up for any slimming plan.
Looking to lose weight through sensible eating and exercise

According to the scales my weight has climbed to around 266lbs which is about 19 stone.
I'm a 40-42 inch waist which I believe is too large.
Looking to get my waist down to around 32-34 inches.

I've purchased a York Fitness Active 110 Exercise Bike.
I'm doing 70 mins a day on the Exercise Bike after my initial first couple of weeks to get used to it.
It's split into a early morning and evening session of 35 minutes each.
My worst 35 minute distance is 17.65km.
My best 35 minute distance is 19.74km.
Usually at least 36km a day.

If the pulse mechanism is correct pulse falls between 120 & 140 during exercise.
Trying to watch what I'm eating more.
Good luck. I was over 18 stone when I first started losing weight. I am only 5ft 8' and I felt so tired and out of breath all the time. Unlike you I joined Slimming World, which works for me, but isn't for everyone I know. I started losing weight quickly and regularly. The difference was amazing. I soon felt like a different person, with loads more energy and felt much better about myself. I walk a lot and eat low fat food, filling up on lean meat, veg and spuds, rice and pasta. I rarely eat processed foods, cooking everything from scratch and substituting ingredients like cream, butter and cheese with low fat alternatives. The
Just over 40, male.
I'm 6ft tall and well built.
I've not signed up for any slimming plan.
Looking to lose weight through sensible eating and exercise

According to the scales my weight has climbed to around 266lbs which is about 19 stone.
I'm a 40-42 inch waist which I believe is too large.
Looking to get my waist down to around 32-34 inches.

I've purchased a York Fitness Active 110 Exercise Bike.
I'm doing 70 mins a day on the Exercise Bike after my initial first couple of weeks to get used to it.
It's split into a early morning and evening session of 35 minutes each.
My worst 35 minute distance is 17.65km.
My best 35 minute distance is 19.74km.
Usually at least 36km a day.

If the pulse mechanism is correct pulse falls between 120 & 140 during exercise.
Trying to watch what I'm eating more.
Good luck. I was over 18 stone when I first started losing weight. I am only 5ft 8' and I felt so tired and out of breath all the time. Unlike you I joined Slimming World, which works for me, but isn't for everyone I know. I started losing weight quickly and regularly. The difference was amazing. I soon felt like a different person, with loads more energy and felt much better about myself. I walk a lot and eat low fat food, filling up on lean meat, veg and spuds, rice and pasta. I rarely eat processed foods, cooking everything from scratch and substituting ingredients like cream, butter and cheese with low fat alternatives. The key for me is never going hungry and never getting board. Hope all goes well for you.

well done on reaching the 5 stone mark. We all have bumps along the way, that's just life. The main thing is we don't give up.

Back