Lose weight to gain a bikini bod! (May 2014)

Morning Shan x oh my goodness, a huge congratulations to you and Jamie, how blooming fantastic!!!
:D

You make sure you take it super easy, rest as much as u can & dnt b over doing it at work!!

Big hug hun x sonogram pic is just too cute xLx
Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks ladies :)
We are over the moon. It's about bloody time we had something to look forward to and I can't wait to see him/her again (we suspect him)! Only 20 more sleeps! Booking my gender scan tomorrow too, I've emailed them and they have told me they have appointments available for the date we wanted so we can announce it to Jamie's family at his brothers birthday or the day before so we're not stealing his limelight! I am trying to keep it a secret until the 16week mark to be sure everything is ok and to prove a point to Jamie's mum that I am allowed some privacy and I won't take her shxt when it comes to "knowing it all"

So I had fully prepared myself to be back on the wagon today but I'm just finding myself far too hungry! I haven't done too bad, but was really looking forward to a tuna and sweetcorn on ryvita for lunch but I got home to find out Jamie's mum had thrown my mix away and I was so p'd off I didn't make anymore and had a cheese and pickle sandwich :( BOOO! But I'm still calorie counting, trying to make great choices and hopefully after the 12week mark I will be feeling a lot better and can get back on plan 100%.

How has everuone been? I've really missed you all! I do hope you all understand why I didn't share the news sooner! Xx

Hi hun x
So chuffed 4 u xx but seriously Shan, don't think about calories etc etc, eat when u feel the need to, keep it healthy and balanced, but if ur body needs fuel to grow ur little bubba then u hv to give it what it needs, take it from someone who gained 4 stone while pregnant!! Ok, so I won't b doing that again, but try not to calorie count hun, don't restrict yourself x enjoy this time :D

Can't wait to see the next scan xx
You take care hun xLx

Don't worry about the diet! Focus on you and your little bump :)

Well done for keeping it from her so far! That must be tough when you live and work with her :( does this mean Jamie is going to start saving a bit more so you can get your own place soon? X

That's what Jamie keeps telling me but I know I'll over do it and just use it as an exuse and pile it all back on. I'm allowing myself more than I was anyway, I upped it to 1,480 but I've been having about 1,600/700. Luckily I've not gained anything YET!

I thought it would be a lot harder, it's proving more difficult with his sister as she's really sniffing around but I've been making out I've been drinking or drunk etc so hopefully it will put her off, I'm working the next 4 weekends anyway so can use that as an excuse if I do decide to go out!

We've decided he's doing £1000 a month and everytime he/we go out he is giving me £10-20 to put away so we have a little towards a push chair or something silly, every little helps! And I'm going to do as much as I can depending on what I get paid. But we have been looking already and his mum said if one pops up that we love she will lend us some money so that's good. I really want to be out by next summer at the latest, as I know it can take a good few months for everything to go through. It's all getting real now! Just need to get my bum In gear and pass my driving test! Xx

Hi hun x
So chuffed 4 u xx but seriously Shan, don't think about calories etc etc, eat when u feel the need to, keep it healthy and balanced, but if ur body needs fuel to grow ur little bubba then u hv to give it what it needs, take it from someone who gained 4 stone while pregnant!! Ok, so I won't b doing that again, but try not to calorie count hun, don't restrict yourself x enjoy this time :D

Can't wait to see the next scan xx
You take care hun xLx

Thank you Hun :)

I'm trying not to but it's at the back of my head cos I know I'll pile it all back on + more and that's the last thing I want! And I can't even stand the thought of salad ATM so that's right out the window lol. But I'm still doing at least 3 peices if fruit a day and when I feel like having a proper dinner I'll make sure I have some veggies (not really eating real dinners lately, just tomato soup, sandwiches and toasties etc). I just want to get the balance right sl I can eat comfortably but not gain any, think about 1600 ATM and that's plenty unless I binge!

My mum put on 7st, 6st then 8st in her pregnancies and I don't want to follow in her footsteps! Being short won't help me either. I just keep thinking if I'm this bad now what am I gunna be like in 3,4,5 months lol.

Gunna do the rounds quickly, early night for me tonight and I'll start posting foods tomorrow xx

OMG!! what fantastic news pebbles. Im well pleased for you. Wow wow wow how exciting! Im buzzing for you. Now please please look after yourself. Big hugs. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

OMG!! what fantastic news pebbles. Im well pleased for you. Wow wow wow how exciting! Im buzzing for you. Now please please look after yourself. Big hugs. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you bubble :)
I am trying my best :). Midwife appointment in the morning, getting excited at every little thing as I've never got this far before. Xx

Evening everyone. Now I know I said I'd post my foods, but I'm going to be completely honest with you all! I've been soooo bad I'm embarrassed to put what I've put on here fir you all to see :(

I'm going to WI in the morning and see the damage and hope I can to e it down a little.

2 weeks and 3 days until my 12 week scan
6 weeks and 3 days until my gender scan.

WOOHOO! I'm counting down the days, everyday is a day closer to getting out of the "danger zone" then hopefully I'll relax a little. But I soooo can't wait to find out if we are having pink or blue. Jamie thought pink but now thinks blue, my mum and my sister and I all think blue too. Xxx

Afternoon hun x
How did it go at the mf? I bet ur so looking forward to that 12 week mark! :eek:

Definitely don't apologise for having a bit of a blow out either Shan, ur entitled to it x
I found quite a few good books about eating & nutrition whilst pregnant when I was expecting, perhaps hv a look?

Hv u decided when ur going to tell ur mil? Mainly so she can begin being a bit more thoughtful at work??

I thought I was having a boy when I was pregnant, then out came a girl lol xLx

Afternoon hun x
How did it go at the mf? I bet ur so looking forward to that 12 week mark! :eek:

Definitely don't apologise for having a bit of a blow out either Shan, ur entitled to it x
I found quite a few good books about eating & nutrition whilst pregnant when I was expecting, perhaps hv a look?

Hv u decided when ur going to tell ur mil? Mainly so she can begin being a bit more thoughtful at work??

I thought I was having a boy when I was pregnant, then out came a girl lol xLx

Hi Hun

It was fine, she's referring me to hospital for my 16week appointment, got my 22week appointment and got LOADS of paperwork and leaflets to look through. She has suggested I do at least 1 ante natal class as it's my first baby but I don't want to go on my own? It's a shame I don't know anyone who's at the same sort of stage as me, maybe I will in the next few weeks. Can't wait for my 12 week scan so Jamie can see baby again, just hope they wriggle about for him to see! And get my due date as ATM I'm between 24-27 feb as at 9 week scan measured 2 days behind what I should have, but she said baby wasn't stretched out, hope it was right at the first scan or I'll have to put my gender scan off a few more days BOOO!

I'll have a look on my iBooks thing for some helpful books, think I'm gunna need it! Lol.

We do really want t try and keep it quiet until gender scan, to prove a point and to have a little secret between ourselves for a while. But if it does come out for some reason from 12weeks or work gets too much then I'll have to tell her then. But I really do want to rub it in her face that I'll be 4months gone and she didn't know. I know she will tell everyone that's my only gripe, and it's not her place to. (I'm a bxtch I know! Lol) but I'm sick of it! She won't change the work habits anyway, she didn't last time. But I have been saying my back has been playing up (it has) but maybe that will get me a little less strenuous jobs!

I don't mind what it is, but we both want a girl first. But I wouldn't be didappointed if it's a boy! Xxx

How exciting hon! So much to look forward to :) have you told anyone at all?

I've told my mum, sister and best friend. I wouldn't have told my mum but she opened my scan letter thinking it was for the miscarriage referral so I didn't have a choice really lol. And of course you lovely ladies :)

I've told my mum, sister and best friend. I wouldn't have told my mum but she opened my scan letter thinking it was for the miscarriage referral so I didn't have a choice really lol. And of course you lovely ladies :)

Love it that we can have our little secrets on here x hv a good dau hun xLx

Hey lovely, where hv u been? Hope u and bubba r doing well xLx

Hey lovely, where hv u been? Hope u and bubba r doing well xLx

Hi Hun.

Been so busy not really even thought about popping on here! Sorry!

I weighed in about a week ago and had gained 2lb, but within 2 days it was off so as far as I know I am still 8st6lb. May wi again in the morning.
Had a BBQ yesterday and was just stuffing my face cos I was bored.

Hope you are doing well xx

Hi Hun.

Been so busy not really even thought about popping on here! Sorry!

I weighed in about a week ago and had gained 2lb, but within 2 days it was off so as far as I know I am still 8st6lb. May wi again in the morning.
Had a BBQ yesterday and was just stuffing my face cos I was bored.

Hope you are doing well xx

Morning lovely x
No need to apologise at all hun, we all get times where minimins slows down a bit x
Boredom is a nightmare for healthy eating, I need to sort out activities for my Sunday afternoons as I'm snacking way too much each weekend! ,

Hope u had a good weekend hun x take care xLx

Tomorrow may be a new day, but let's think of a reason why today's great too! xLx

Afternoon ladies.

Just taking five to have a quick catch up!

How is everyone doing?

Just 4 days until my 12 week scan :) I'm so excited as as long as everything is ok I can then begin to get really excited (hopefully) and stop stressing as much!

I've started to eat a little more salady bits now and I'm eating at least an apple and banana a day so still getting some sf in there. But I've been a right pig with the wrong foods! Still at 8st6lb though so I shouldn't grumble, I'm sure the weight will start piling on soon!

I'm in need of a little bit of advice, as you know I work the MIL and SIL, long story short the MIL asked me the other day if I'm pregnant, I was so shocked it was out of the blue right in the middle of a conversation I sort of just froze which gave it away, anyway, she said the SIL asked her to ask and I said we don't want anyone knowing until I'm ready for obvious reasons, I can't even enjoy it yet and I'm worrying enough as it is so I don't need her giving me shxt about it... I'm petrified she is still going to tell her which will cause HUGE rows and possibly mean she won't talk to me or Jamie, which I'm not particularly bothered about but she is Jamie's sister.... I found out today that she has been *****ing about me at work apparently saying that I have got some sort if hold over the MIL, she knows I'm pregnant even if I do t admit it and if she finds out the MIL knew she will never speak to her again... And some more but this is long enough!

So, I was wondering firstly, should I pray the MIL doesn't tell her and hope that she doesn't skip up when it does all come out, should I tell the MIL what she said which could go either way - 1: she tells her she knows which could cause a huge family feud or 2: she could tell her because she wouldn't want her daughter not to talk to her.
And secondly, although I am "family" or as good as, does confidentiality still come into it? I told her at work, and I don't want or need it coming out which I'm 99% sure it would if the SIL found out, or would it just be shrugged off as I am part of the family?

I would REALLY REALLY appreciate any help/advice ladies. I'm stressing right now and have just 2hrs to decide what to say or do before the MIL finishes work.

THANK YOUUUUU! Xxx

It's your baby and your choice to tell whoever you want. When the sister finds out say you simply didn't want to tell anyone if people asked fair enough but you wasn't going to announce it. More to the point if she doesn't talk to your or Jamie is she then saying she doesn't want anything to do with her niece or nephew??

It's a baby not a toy tell her to grow up and if she doesn't like it F off!!! Xxx

Back