Losing 5 stone before trying for a baby

well done love your doing gt

Hi guys, well having stayed the same for quite a while I have now dropped a few pounds and am weighing 12 stone 13 (yey I'm in the 12 stone category so excited about that). And my black work trousers that were feeling a bit tight a few weeks ago are now too loose. And I am now at the weight (13st) which was my original goal before trying for a baby. I changed my mind though and decided I wanted to be in the normal BMI range- only a stone to go now! Hopefully I can reach it before my holiday at the end of August although that might be asking a bit much. My long term target will be lower than that (probably 10st 7/11 stone) though.

Good luck Phoenixbird and Chezz- I will check out your threads.

Hi guys, well having stayed the same for quite a while I have now dropped a few pounds and am weighing 12 stone 13 (yey I'm in the 12 stone category so excited about that). And my black work trousers that were feeling a bit tight a few weeks ago are now too loose. And I am now at the weight (13st) which was my original goal before trying for a baby. I changed my mind though and decided I wanted to be in the normal BMI range- only a stone to go now! Hopefully I can reach it before my holiday at the end of August although that might be asking a bit much. My long term target will be lower than that (probably 10st 7/11 stone) though.

Good luck Phoenixbird and Chezz- I will check out your threads.
hi sparklyrunninggirl
wow well done hun im so proud off your going to be a yummy mummy and be a great mum good luck with the rest of your journey and a big pat on the back for you :party0019::party0019:

Well done sparkly! You've done so well! I finally got my 2 stone award tonight...it's been a long time coming and I've still a very long way to go...but gonna plod on and see where I'm up to towards the end of this year before ttc again. It's age versus weight with me right now as I'm 35 later this year so I'm feeling the time pressure! Hopefully now they've put me on medication for hypothyroidism it'll help speed up my weight loss. Fingers crossed x x

good luck phoniexbird

Thanks Chezz and Phoenixbird. Phoenixbird- well done on your 2 stone loss! Hopefully we will both become mums at around the same time as I am going to have to wait until December to try as I am taking Malaria tablets for my holiday and apparently I have to wait 3 months after taking them to start trying for a baby.

Anyway still plodding along here- have lost 2stone 12lb now- only 2 more pounds until I am back at my wedding weight. And I recently bought 2 tops and a cardigan in a size 14. Am still a size 16 in most clothes in most places but was really happy about that!

I am so happy. I have now lost 3 stone and am back at the weight I was at our wedding 3 years ago (12st 9lb). And my size 16 jeans were falling down yesterday, woop woop! I still want to lose at least another 10lbs before trying which would take me into normal BMI territory but hopefully a bit more since we can't start trying till December.

well done you xxxx

Fabulous stuff! I've now lost 3 stone since my miscarriage last November. It's a slow progress, averaging 1 lb a week, but I've been diagnosed with an inactive thyroid so I'm glad it's moving in the right direction at all! Gonna keep plodding on until my holiday in September and then re-assess the weight/ttc situation. I've so much to lose there's no way I'll be at goal in 3 months...but it's weight versus age for me right now (I'm 35 in nov) in the baby making game....not sure what's a bigger risk! X

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage Phoenix. Well done on your weight loss you are doing fab! One of the personal trainers in the gym (who set up my gym programme a couple of months ago) came over and asked how I was getting on and said that I looked like I had lost weight which was nice :). Only a couple of pounds to go now till I get down to the weight I was when I started my first ever diet 9 years ago. Wish I had done then what I am doing now which is to eat sensibly and exercise rather than going on Slimming World and then when I reached target eating for England lol.

phoneix
so sorry to read about your miscarriage you are doing great and having a thyroid problem to is great your losing a 1lb a week good on you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yey I am really pleased, I have lost another pound which menander that I have now reached my June mini goal for myself (12 stone 7) and have lost 20% of my body weight overall.

Fabulous stuff! I've now lost 3 stone since my miscarriage last November. It's a slow progress, averaging 1 lb a week, but I've been diagnosed with an inactive thyroid so I'm glad it's moving in the right direction at all! Gonna keep plodding on until my holiday in September and then re-assess the weight/ttc situation. I've so much to lose there's no way I'll be at goal in 3 months...but it's weight versus age for me right now (I'm 35 in nov) in the baby making game....not sure what's a bigger risk! X

Phoenix sweetie I am so sorry. As for the thyroid issue try not to let it get to you too much. I have thyroid cancer which has now spread into another part of the body. Part of my treatment was having my thyroid removed. And despite being on synthroid they still cant get my TSH level right so I often feeling extremely tired, hungry etc. So I get where your coming from on that front, also thyroid related issues can affect your mood so keep a eye on that too. I would ask the advice of your dr if your not sure if weight v age when it comes to the baby stuff. 35 doesn't sound old to me but then again I am no doctor. But it sounds like you have been through the mill. Any loss is fantastic, thyroid stuff will make it harder but your pushing through it :)

xMariex said:
Phoenix sweetie I am so sorry. As for the thyroid issue try not to let it get to you too much. I have thyroid cancer which has now spread into another part of the body. Part of my treatment was having my thyroid removed. And despite being on synthroid they still cant get my TSH level right so I often feeling extremely tired, hungry etc. So I get where your coming from on that front, also thyroid related issues can affect your mood so keep a eye on that too. I would ask the advice of your dr if your not sure if weight v age when it comes to the baby stuff. 35 doesn't sound old to me but then again I am no doctor. But it sounds like you have been through the mill. Any loss is fantastic, thyroid stuff will make it harder but your pushing through it :)

I'd second that about the age - I was almost 38 when I had my first (and only!) child, and had no problems at all conceiving, so try not to worry. :) xx

i agree age is just a number x x

Marie I am so impressed with the amount of weight you have managed to lose in spite of your illness.

I have been wearing shorts for the first time in years this week :). I also ran a 10Km Race for Life in 71mins in the scorching heat the other day- the best time I have ever done for 10km so I must be getting fitter.

Marie I am so impressed with the amount of weight you have managed to lose in spite of your illness.

I have been wearing shorts for the first time in years this week :). I also ran a 10Km Race for Life in 71mins in the scorching heat the other day- the best time I have ever done for 10km so I must be getting fitter.

Wow you sound super fit. I am terrible at running so I am in awe of those who can. And I bet you looked fantastic in your shorts :) And of course I have the upmost respect for the race for life ladies.

Getting a bit frustrated as I have stayed the same for the last couple of weeks- will keep plodding on though and hopefully the weight will start coming off again soon! Only 8 pounds to go now!

Back