Losing 5 stone before trying for a baby

Getting a bit frustrated as I have stayed the same for the last couple of weeks- will keep plodding on though and hopefully the weight will start coming off again soon! Only 8 pounds to go now!
I have 9lbs to go and have the same goal bmi as you and bloody hell its slow going. The lack of weight loss is really eating at my motivation. I hear your pain sister :)

Well after having a little moan the other day I have now lost another pound. I am now at the weight that I was when I first joined Slimming World back in 2004. While I did lose the weight (1 stone 13lb) that I wanted to back then, my head wasn't in the right place and as soon as I reached target I started eating all the things that I hadn't been 'allowed' to eat n SW and the weight piled rapidly back on (and more). While my ultimate target now will probably be roughly the same as it was back then (10 stone 7/11 stone) I don't really care when I get there anymore as I know I am happy to eat like I am now for the rest of my life. I am keen to get down into the healthy BMI category before trying for a baby in December though!

Come on Marie we can both do it!

Well after having a little moan the other day I have now lost another pound. I am now at the weight that I was when I first joined Slimming World back in 2004. While I did lose the weight (1 stone 13lb) that I wanted to back then, my head wasn't in the right place and as soon as I reached target I started eating all the things that I hadn't been 'allowed' to eat n SW and the weight piled rapidly back on (and more). While my ultimate target now will probably be roughly the same as it was back then (10 stone 7/11 stone) I don't really care when I get there anymore as I know I am happy to eat like I am now for the rest of my life. I am keen to get down into the healthy BMI category before trying for a baby in December though!

Come on Marie we can both do it!
That's good ever pound really counts. I have just changed anti cancer meds and my TOTM has just kicked in so I will be happy with a STS this week. But I will get there just like you will. You have a really good attitude which I need to adopt which its not about losing it all super fast but getting healthy. And like you said its a lifestyle change, we need to realise that we will to do this for life. That doesn't mean when we get to goal weight we cant fall off the wagon every now and then but as long as its occasionally. This has to be something we can stick too. Like you I lost weight another time and put it all back purely because I was restricting myself thinking once I got to where I wanted to be, I could go back to my old habits.

I have lost another couple of pounds now. Just noticed that I am now 25 point something in terms of BMI. Only 1 pound to go until I have lost 2 stone since Christmas and 3 pounds until I reach my half century in terms of pounds lost. Marie I am rooting for you because I know how hard it gets to lose weight once you get close to a healthy BMI and I know how hard it is to maintain too!

Seem to be making good progress now- I have lost another pound taking me to 2 stone lost since Christmas :). Only 4lb to go till my BMI is normal- cant wait!

The pounds seem to be flying off over the last week or so- lost another pound taking me to 3 and a half stone lost and half a stone lighter than I was on my wedding day. Wondering when I am going to start fitting into size 14 trousers? Some 16s seem too big but when I try the equivalent on in a 14 it is too small! In other shops 16 is still fine for me (or even too small) though. I seem to be smaller on top than on the bottom!

im like that to smaller on the top than the bottom but it will all catch up soon i hope lol

lol lol i got to smile at us

hi sparkly
im great thanks i fell of the wagon a few weeks ago but im ok now sorted my food out again and doing my walking dvd 2mlies 5 days a week so i feel good
at last and only having mini goals now not massive ones i can not achieve lol

hi sparkly
im great thanks i fell of the wagon a few weeks ago but im ok now sorted my food out again and doing my walking dvd 2mlies 5 days a week so i feel good
at last and only having mini goals now not massive ones i can not achieve lol

Well done for getting back on the wagon. I definitely think mini goals are the way to go, the target weight on my profile is not my final target but once I get to it I will enjoy being at a healthy BMI for a bit and then set another mini target a few pounds lower and work down gradually to the weight that I would ultimately like to be (somewhere between 11 stone and 10 stone 7 which was what I weighed in 6th form 10 years ago!).

Well done for getting back on the wagon. I definitely think mini goals are the way to go, the target weight on my profile is not my final target but once I get to it I will enjoy being at a healthy BMI for a bit and then set another mini target a few pounds lower and work down gradually to the weight that I would ultimately like to be (somewhere between 11 stone and 10 stone 7 which was what I weighed in 6th form 10 years ago!).

yes i agree with that sparkly i put 18st so that when i reach that i can have a big massive smile on my face and start on my next milestone i think its the best way to keep me going and not thinking to far away x x
you are doing great hun well done xx

Thanks Chezz, I am off on holiday next Saturday for 2 weeks. Worrying already about how much weight I might put on while I'm away, especially as I won't be able to do much exercise (the first week we are on safari then the second at a beach resort with a gym). Will try and do a bit of running/gym/watersports the second week and obviously we will be walking a bit but I won't be doing as much as I would be at home! Will try and eat sensibly to a certain extent although I'm sure I will be having quite a few treats too.

Thanks Chezz, I am off on holiday next Saturday for 2 weeks. Worrying already about how much weight I might put on while I'm away, especially as I won't be able to do much exercise (the first week we are on safari then the second at a beach resort with a gym). Will try and do a bit of running/gym/watersports the second week and obviously we will be walking a bit but I won't be doing as much as I would be at home! Will try and eat sensibly to a certain extent although I'm sure I will be having quite a few treats too.
oh lucky you have a great holiday love and i have faith that you will not put a lot of weight on xxxx

Well I am back from my holiday and I have only put on 2lbs in the 2 weeks- I am well chuffed with that! There was a buffet breakfast and dinner and I ate quite a bit, but I did go to the hotel gym and running a few times and did loads of watersports (including windsurfing and waterskiing which I had never tried before) in the 2nd week. Now back on it, only 5lbs to lose to be a healthy BMI.

Good luck Lisa you have made a good start, stick with it and you will get there.

Back