Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

Nice cooker.

I am getting frustrated with the foot. If it was the beginning of winter and I wanted to hole up indoors it would be ok but I feel like I've been inside for YEARS. Got to work on my patience.:grumble:

Is your foot strapped up or do you have a "boot" [like a corset for the foot]? that helps immobilise the ankle so will keep it in one place and you won't turn over on the ankle. Even those elastic supports and bandage strapping is something - might help with you feeling you're able to move about more safely. Elevate when not in use too.

Also I found my ankle started giving me gyp because I'm bafrefoot or in sock at home - just walking about and going up and down stairs jars the foot quite a bit even though it doesn't really hurt and found wearing my fit-flops at home helped absorb the shock - prob. me being fat doesn't help with weight on joints etc but wearing trainers or something similar will help with shock absorption.

Other than that ... patience grasshopper! .... surely Dr Beck advocates it on one of your days ...:p

Dr Beck day 11 Differentiate between hunger, desire, and cravings I relly don't like this exercise and could be on day 11 for quite a while.

Ahh you stay with each exercise until it's done even if over a day? I think those 3 are pretty intertwined especially desire and cravings.
Currently I am hungry and craving some fatty mackeral fillets which are in the fridge but need to go in the freezer. But i desire them too I suppose?

I don't know how to tell the difference between a craving and desire? Do you need to be hungry to have a craving? Is desire just all by itself? :confused: ie if I had some Ben & Jerry's in the freezer that'd be desire as I'd want it even if I'd finished dinner and wasn't hungry. Does that also fit the craving mould though .. I dunno.

I too could be on this exercise all day!

Haven't eaten for several hours. That empty sensation often accompanied by rumbling is hunger.
Ate a meal but wanted more. That was desire.
Very strong urge accompanied by yearning. That was craving.

I've edited.

I find they intertwine too much. If there is NO hunger then there is much less chance I'll feel desire or craving. Sometimes I will but mostly there is at least an underlying peckishness.

There is an exercise to do monitoring your feelings before eating, during, straight after and 20 min after. I am resistent to it but I might be reading too much into it.

That exercise to do sounds rather like CBT - ie challenging your feeling and thoughts and seeing if reality matches.
I can quite see how it would be uncomfortable to do during the pleasurable activity of eating but I guess it's to make you feel aware and allow you to recognise the feelings you're experiencing, presumably at some point to allow you to choose to say no sometimes to cravings. In the past I've stuffed food in and pushed any "no stop" thoughts or feelings out of my mind as just want to lose myself in the food and really not think at all.

End of the day it's a book and you can read and choose what to incorporate into your own way of eating. If its not something you need right now then you can not do it and always come back to it as an exercise if in the future you think you'd benefit.

I managed to resist the craving I think by your definitions - for mackeral and am looking forward to my cottage pie and broccoli. I made an egg curry today for tomorrow too - it's maturing in the fridge so extra tasty tomorrow :D

Had WI and have lost ..5lb :) More than happy with that and down to new low weight for this year. This week will be less no doubt, as OH is off now for the rest of the week from tomorrow so will be interesting to see if I can get a loss 2 weeks on the trot.

Back to rain and wind out here again ..:sigh:

Well done you.:winner:

5lbs is fab. Glad the 5:2 gave you the boost you wanted. Only 2lbs to go until it's a whole stone off. You should get yourself something nice, but not edible, to celebrate.

When I put back on that weight last year it was the first time I caught it and climbed back on the wagon before reaching my previous high. It actually gave me more confidence that I can, eventually, do this. This is not a promise never to moan though.

I've been busy today so haven't had time for Dr Beck but will get back to her because CBT is helpful and even if I only learn a little it will help. Brainwashed by Tesco ads?

Feeling less bloated today. I think I've been holding on to water because of the injury and the *'s.

Sunny here but cold, still remains of snow here and there but Spring is peeking through.
Didn't go swimming last night but did order a new yoga mat off ebay so will pat myself on the back for doing something exercise related.:patback:

I've made more chicken and choritzo but with less choritzo and added some butterbeans. Brings the syns down to 2.5 per portion instead of 6.5 might not be quite as yummy but sure it will still be yummy enough.

Last edited:
Another double pronged attack! I got accosted yesterday by a Crunchie and little tub of Ben & Jerry's ... but they weren't finished ...a banoffee cake got me today :ashamed0005:

Seems like the Wednesday munchies got you again eh? I made the mistake of going to Asda on Weds and for some reason they seem to have tons of reduced el cheapo cakes biscuits and the like really prominently displayed - 50p packs of Oreo's and half price Cadbury's. Really hard to walk past when your knackered and hungry. Just not the same prominence in Tesco's where I usually go. The perils of going to an Ikea with an Asda next door. Oh I also had hotdog and fries for the princely sum of £1.60 :(. Pretty rubbish really and today we were out at John Lewis to get the cooker - 1 year extra warranty for the same price as Curry's - bargain.

I find my eating is really shot when I'm out and about and I'm not making good choices. It's almost like as this deviates from the norm routine-wise I can also do that with food. But logically that's stupid as just this week alone - 3 days of crap choices will mean a STS or gain and I don't understand the self-sabotage after just 1 week :sigh:

Well done on the yoga mat - kudos for really trying when it would be very tempting to let that slide. Should be proud of yourself :winner:

Sending good vibes for tomorrow :vibes: - hope all your bunnies have been eaten/chucked - [I've got nothing good left in the house!] and we can start the day anew. and finish it that way too!

I,m not sure it,s self sabatage. Food companies etc spend billions on advertizing to persuade us to make poor food choices. Our environment means it,s normal to overeat when out Android about. We need strategies to counteract their influence.I,mon a tablet Android can,thandle predictive text.grrYoga mat arrived this morning. Looking forward to starting the classes on Monday evening. Are you still going to start a class.

I think you've got Android wanting to predict itself instead of and ... I'd give up and go with an ampersand!

I need to be quick and think in the moment. When I've already made a couple of not so good choices I go on to make some more.

ie yesterday OH's dad came over to do the wiring for a new cooker. I hadn't had breakfast or lunch, it was 2 o'clock - the kitchen's covered in dust and grime and we stopped for coffee and biscuits. I ate crap loads of biscuits when really I wanted a sandwich. Ended up knackered and then we had roast chicken and chippy chips. I then felt like something sweet. So my initial choice to make biscuits a primary meal ended up snowballing.

Not having learnt from this, today OH is out meeting a friend and then we were going to go for lunch but I've been starving so had a late breakfast of 2 lots of toast and honey and more biscuits. we're still supposed to go out for lunch but it's late now and I already feel like I've ate badly. I'm going to spend some time re-reading my IF books and get back into that mentality. I'm back at work on Monday so think I'll do much better back in that regiment.

Today's exercise was ... tripping over a box and smashing my knee! Serves me right for dancing along to Lady GaGa! Quite painful to even sit but am hoping it will be ok once knee cap is less swollen.
Realistically I know I won't do an exercise class after work - I don't drive and to get anywhere by public transport will take an age. I've only ever done group exercise with friends which was ok but as they're no longer around I don't see it happening. Wii, and walking for now. I may think about boing boinging too.

In the summer holidays I might see what's on in the day at the local leisure centre - would be happy to go in the day - maybe an early session to set you up for the day especially if I can lose another stone or so by then.

What kind of yoga are you going to do? I think we have Hatha near here and even that "hot" yoga which looks reaaly sweaty and a bit bleugggh to me :stinkyfeet:

It's Hatha. That's what I did before. Daytime classes are more enjoyable but around here they are limited. It's in a village hall about 5 or 6 miles away from me. It's a ten week block so I'll see how it goes. It is much easier driving and around here it's more or less essential.

Lisa, she's the trainer who takes the aquacise, is starting another seniors one on a Monday at 11.30am.

I'm really liking the aquacise as it's just at a nice level for me. The water lets you do exercises you couldn't manage on dry land. It works but I don't really find it hard. There really isn't a lot of difference between the seniors and the normal class except the time and it's chattier. Some of them go to the over 50's gym which is also taken by Lisa which makes me feel more like joining. Lisa has a body to die for so she must know a thing or two.

Shame about your knee.:character00264: Darn that Lady Gaga.

I am posting in blocks because I twice had posts disappear yesterday.

It's hard to find exercise that fits in and you enjoy. Boing boing is effective but I haven't had much of a chance to use it. 3 minutes is long enough though:wee: . Summer sounds like an ideal time to try new things.

This eating well malarky is actually a really complicated business. I had a proper emotional binge on Thurs night. My dad had a fall, he's okay but I got in late and was hungry but after my dinner I binged. I was aware that I was trying to use the food to change the way I was feeling and I was also aware that it doesn't work but I still kept on until I felt sick. Managed to be on plan since but usually if I go off plan it's just a fancy it's not the same. Must get back to Dr Beck next week.

:scale: Not too hopeful for Monday but booked myself a massage as a half stone treat anyway.

So sorry to hear about your dad - how scary for you. Hope he recovers soon and fully x:bighug: I'm not surprised you went on a full on binge. Even with the full awareness of what you're doing and swallowing/smothering out the feelings with the food doesn't change the desire to want to do it. I did it myself with a stressful situation I've been having which has resulted in really bad dreams and trying to drown out th thoughts by wanting to stick something in my mouth everytime I thought of it. I think it's just more uncomfortable and unpleasant to sit and think about what's happening and no getting away from the fact that food is such a comforter.
Like you say a fresh start tomorrow and you did well for getting back on track after - so easy to totally blow it for the rest of the day.

Good for you booking a well deserved treat of a massage. I will get myself a pedicure or maybe a haircut once the weight comes off a bit. I think I feel a bit "undeserving" at the moment as have been really slack and so will only treat myself after a good go at being on plan. Saying that I bought 2 cheap summer dresses in an optimistic size 14 in Tesco - either for hols or for at home dependent on how they look nearer the time!

You should definately go to Lisa's gym class - go! go on just go! I'd come with you if I could - sounds fab - all social and fun which is the best way with exercise - do it and enjoy :)

A friend has just bought her little boy his first bike and I was saying I bet he loved it and how I would love it too. She then reminded me that I can't ride a bike :cry:. Which is true and a real regret of mine, such a good lifeskill and one that would give me more freedom and be enjoyable. So I've decided to .... learn! Well get my OH to teach me - lucky him :giggle:. He did offer yonks ago but I think I'll remind him especially as it's my birthday in the summer so maybe I'll get me a nice shiny bike if I hint hard enough :D

Bed calls - first day back to work tomorrow and I need to get up 2 hours earlier than I have been :eek:. Best of luck with weigh-in tomorrow :cross:

STS. I did success express yesterday which was actually really easy so I will try to throw a couple of them in a week.

Bicycles scare me, or to be more accurate, cars scare me when I'm on a bike. Really don't think they should mix. If there were proper cycle paths everywhere now that would be different.

Back