Lost 4lbs

Geordiehelen

Soooo happy nearly lost my holiday weight in 1 week! Mind i did come back 4 wks ago lol. I actually enjoy dieting on SW. Oh i no its not a diet just healthy eatin its well worth it. Im lovin pasta atm can anyone give me some recipes x

Well done on 4lb loss :D

I like fresh tom sauce with pasta (oven roasted tom, onion & garlic - when cooked blitz with black pepper & herbs & bit balsamic vinegar) top with 28g parmasan (HEX A)
or
creamy mushroom & tomato sauce:

198g/7oz closed cup mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 onion
Fry Light
400g can chopped tomatoes
340g/12oz dried pasta shapes
2-3 tbsp artificial sweetener
6 tbsp freshly chopped basil
150g pot fat-free natural fromage frais
salt and freshly ground black pepper

method

1. To make the sauce: slice the mushrooms; crush the garlic; finely chop the onion. Heat a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, add the mushrooms, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and onions and fry for 2-3 minutes. Pour over the chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes.
2. While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
3. Stir the sweetener, basil and fromage frais into the sauce, season well and remove from the heat. Add the mushroom and tomato sauce to the pasta, toss together and serve.

or
Ham & egg linguine:

227g/8oz linguine or spaghetti
Fry Light, for spraying
4 large eggs
1 level tbsp grated parmesan cheese, dried
2 tbsps chopped parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
113g/4oz lean ham, diced

method

1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling lightly salted water for 6-12 minutes (follow the manufacturer''s instructions on the packet) until the pasta is cooked and tender but still a little firm. Stir occasionally while it is cooking to prevent the strands of pasta sticking together. Drain well.
2. While the pasta is cooking, spray a frying pan with Fry Light and fry the eggs in batches until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Toss the cooked pasta with the parmesan cheese and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the diced ham and divide between 4 serving plates. Top each serving with a fried egg and serve immediately.

Back