Lost 6.4lbs (2.9kg) - 1st week done

Dreamer

Gold Member
6.4lbs (2.9kg)....I'm happy with that. I don't think it's too much water loss either, as I had already cut down what I was eating, the few days before I started the diet, and I'd started at the gym a couple of weeks ago and already lost a fair bit of weight. I'm going back to the gym today for the first time (in a week...as I wanted to settle into my VLCD before continuing my normal exercise regime - although will take it a bit easier). Hope next week I hit 2kg - about 4 1/2 pounds.

V

Congratulations on your great week 1 weight loss, well done :talk017:

well done on the weight loss hun.. my cdc told me to take it easy with gym untill month two as muscle weighs more than fat... xxx

Well Done Dreamer!!!

You are doing well and sound very focussed:clap:

I love the gym :character00116:...find it hard to not overdo it (get in the zone and get carried away;)). I have a couple of times and it seems to have knocked me out of ketosis temporarily?

Stay in the fat-burning zone!!
X

:talk017:Well done

Thanks for all the kind and supportive messages everyone. Don't worry I won't overdo it. The guidance is not to start a vigorous exercise regime in the first couple of weeks...but I've been exercising 3 times week for the whole month prior to starting SS....and I'll only do half of what I normally do (cos as you said, don't wanna knock myself out of ketosis). I grew up on 14hr competitive sport a week, and am going stir-crazy with activity! lol

V

Do you know why exercise would knock you out of ketosis? Thanks...

Well done, you should feel so proud of yourself!

Hi Hedgehog,

I don't know the science stuff, but I have strayed outside of my fat-burning zone and (going by the machines) I have used up 600+ calories....started feeling hungry...well...ravenous....checked the stick and I was out!!
Luckily a few hours later I am back and in the pink....I figured (guessing here!) that on 4 packs a day and only 500ish calories, my body couldn't take it and may have gone into starvation?
I love the gym and when I have the ketosis 'buzz' I have to use up the energy....I'm having trouble sleeping.....still going to the gym 3-4 times a week but keeping my heart rate lower.
X

Well done! xx

Thank you guys. You're all so great with the support/back up...kinda makes me wanna strive to do well, you know? (I'm one of those people who thrives on positive reinforcement, but then I guess lots of us are)

About why exercise knocks people out of ketosis: I actually don't know. Normally you'll use the glucose/glycogen, when in ketosis you'd use up lipids/fats instead and there's no surplus glucose/glycogen. Could it be when you exercise too much, you start breaking down proteins? I should actually know this, but I don't.

Anyhow, thanks again guys

V x

P.S. actually RuthG, now that you mention it, I guess I am proud of myself. Never really thought of it like that before. Thanks.

Last edited:
Well done on making it through week 1 and congratulations on the weight loss :)

Back