Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Thanks, I am a bit better today, even when I heard the message on the phone from the vets about her ashes. hurt but didnt cry.

Walked over 10 miles today, uphill and down dale, was godd but ache like billyo now. 6 months ago I would have fainted at the first hill. So I proud of myself, and when I weighed this morning things were looking better so fingers crossed.

I am just looking at Cal Mac crossing from skye to tarbet, thinking of going to lewis in Aug so thats getting me excited.

Cant wait to hear what you have for food tomorrow LOL. xx

:D Sorry for the delay...been very busy :eek:
Whats the almond secret!!!!!

KD will not tell us the almond secret. We are not wise enough yet. Is it to do with marzipan? Amaretto? I wish!!!!

It is nothing to do with marzipan (I luuuurrrve marzipan!). And sorry, the secret is with me until you can walk the rice paper without tearing it, and your steps will not be heard. (Great quote...nothing to do with almonds, or marzipan though :D)

And when you can walk the rice paper, I will tell you the secret of the almonds. Be patient grasshopper ;)

I have discovered it is very hard to eat just one oatcake.

Actually, it occurs to me that I have discovered this many, many times. There has to be a message there!!!

xxx

Good one! Something to work on :clap: Put a 'pause' between oatcakes.

Thank you Master. Think I am a bit of a way from walking the rice paper. I'd fall right through it at the moment... or eat it, possibly, with almond butter spread on top. But it is good to have something to aim for!

And a pause between oatcakes... yup. Rations. I can do it!

xxx

And a pause between oatcakes... yup. Rations. I can do it!

xxx

You can! Yep. Pausing can be uncomfortable, but it's not too hard to do, because any length of pause is a success if you've done it consciously.

Not only that, but you can't fail.
I remember telling someone about the 'pause' and the following day they came back and said that they tried it but it didn't work for them. How many times did they try? No idea, but since I had only told them about it the day before, I guess it was just once or twice :D

Thing is, it's something you can do each time. There is no fail. If you haven't paused...you haven't paused...that's all. You've slightly reinforced the 'not pause' pattern in your brain, but there's always a next time. Just try to do it as much as you can.

Get good at the pausing because pausing leads to stopping :clap:

Slight 'pause' while Katycakes takes this in....

xxx

Sat May 2nd:

brekky: CD porridge with berries & 0% greek yog
lunch: 2 small slices sprouted wheat bread with half mashed banana
mid-afternoon: plan to have a CD choc shake
tea: off-plan... pub meal.

Tomorrow: ???

We are going camping later to the Lakes to meet some old friends... a pub meal has been booked for later and rather than wriggle out of it I will go & make best choices I can. Then right back on it. Not going to drink, and bringing big bottles of fizzy water and supplies of CD bars, sprouted wheat bread & fruit. Will be back Sunday afternoon/evening and will report back on how I managed... hope you all have a great bank holiday weekend too!

xxx

Sunday 3rd May

Just back from camping weekend, off plan, and reporting back... it was lovely, so hope the food choices will not set me back too far. I won't regret it, but had hoped to be a bit better than I was!

Sat nite:
pub restaurant meal:
small slice granary bread, small scrape hummus
2 x bean & chilli 'cakes' with big green salad.
fizzy water to drink.
happy with this choice - gave away my chips, and most of hummus.

Sunday:
brekky: 2 x sprouted wheat bread & half mashed banana
Then... shared our food with friends in their tent, in torrential rain. This is where it went a bit wrong, as I had already HAD brekky!!!
3 x more slices sprouted wheat bread with peanut butter
few pieces fresh pineapple
1 tomato
(there were pauses, KD, but not the kind you mean... grr. The food was all set out in middle of tent and we were sitting around it waiting for rain to stop, and everyone was digging in... pure torture.)
lunch: wholefood cafe, small pitta bread with hummus & falafel & green salad. Gave away one falafel & most of hummus. herb tea.
tea: CD choc shake... phew. Good to be home!

I did enjoy the things I ate, but knew there was no need for that extended second breakfast... just that there seemed no escape from it! Anyway, back on track now, promise, and I knew I would be off-plan this weekend... happy with most of choices. And it was fab to see old friends... some great comments re: weight loss. Aw!!!!

xxx

Katy so glad I found your diary - you are my inspiration to get to where I intend to be and will join you in doing a diary! Hopefully it wont be too long......

Glad you had a nice time camping and shame about the rain.
Ive posted a pic for you on the main CD thread dunno how to transfer it.
Keep up all your good work and dont be too distant on the main CD thread and I will keep up with your latest exploits on this one.

speak soon
xxx

Hi Katy

Glad you had a nice time, sorry about the rain but sounds as though you did well overall and got some nice comments...you sure deserve them! xx

Well done Katy.
This is a really good thread - inspiring & supportive.

Loved this quote from KD
One thing that really helped me was realising that the more I did the right thing when it felt tough, the more powerful I became. We don't teach our brains a lot when it's easy.

Jessica, Serena & Disney, thanks for the fab feedback!!!

Jessica, I will go on haunting & posting on main forums so don't think you can be rid of me so easily! I need all the support I can get and minis is where it's at!!! You will be here before you know it honey, you are doing FAB. What piccy? I am all curious now!!!

Serena, it was just good to have a night away, feels like we never get enough downtime because of stressy job & being self-employed can mean it is 7 days a week at times. And looking after my mum is also a worry. So... lovely son stayed back here to do his weekend job & keep an eye on granny & the dogs, & the laptop was left behind. YAY!!!!!

Disney, hi! Thanks for picking out that comment of KDs, I think I missed it first time around but it feels more important than ever after my 'mad' weekend! Where in Scotland are you? I am SW.

xxx

Loved this quote from KD :
One thing that really helped me was realising that the more I did the right thing when it felt tough, the more powerful I became. We don't teach our brains a lot when it's easy.

Cheers :)

Trouble is, when it feels tough we tend to not want to try to stop it. We don't want to read the chapters from "the book of Good Choices', let alone put it into practice.

The crooked thinking comes into play, telling you that you deserve this and that, or you don't care anyway...or the 'its right for you' :rolleyes: :D

In fact, even the thought of 'opening the book' gets firmly put at the back of our minds. God forbid that we might have to persuade ourselves not to do what we want at that moment in time.

Katycakes said:
Thanks for picking out that comment of KDs, I think I missed it first time around but it feels more important than ever after my 'mad' weekend!

:copon: :D :D

Glad that it feels important, but ....okay...lecture time now:D I'll highlight something

more important than ever after my 'mad' weekend
Exactly. We make those choices. We go for what we really feel we want at the time. Leaving that book firmly placed on the bookcase ;) Then when it gets easier, we open it up to see what we should have done ;)

It's human nature. Done it myself so many times. Tried to make it work that way....it didn't :(

Insights into why we are drawn to overeat or crave something are only really exposed when we experience it, ie: at the time, rather than after the event.

Here endeth the sermon for today
Misc115.gif

Ummm. Thinking about it, might put something about this in my diary. Names deleted of course ;)

I know... arghhh. When will knowing be the same as doing?

Blown my chances with the almond secret AGAIN. Will learn, will learn, WILL. (Please don't ever sell your diary to the News of the World!)

xxx

(Please don't ever sell your diary to the News of the World!)

xxx

No chance of that happening :D

I have a love/hate relationship with my online diary. Pure self indulgence you see ;)
Then the confidence drops, and I have to close it and go back to using MS Word :D

Monday May 4th

Brekky: CD porridge, spoonful 0% greek yog, berries, cinnamon.
lunch: CD orange bar and 2x oatcakes with peanut butter. (Asking for trouble? Yes, but I love them and want to earn to eat in moderation, so don't want to blacklist them. Wanted more, but did KD's 'pause' thing. And it was OK. Yay!!!)
tea: wholemeal pasta in creamy sauce made from tofu blended into a little bit of skim milt, flavoured with a little feta. Yum!
Bit low on fruit today, but will make up for it tomorrow. Refused a choc bar at pal's house... yay again! (Well, not difficult any more to be honest, the wanting has gone... for now anyway! Replaced for lust for oatcakes & peanut butter...)

So... not too bad. I so, so, SO want to lose this last 2.4lbs... wonder if a shorter haircut might help?!!!

xxx

your food sounds scrummy and well done for saying no to the choc - do you know what I think this diet is so good for training us into saying no to food cos we have to for so long it becomes more of a habit to say no rather than yes.

a haircut may help - tee hee - but you dont need it your willpower will get that 2.4 off xxx

Jessica, Disney, hi! .... Where in Scotland are you? I am SW.

xxx
I'm in Ayrshire, about 35miles from of Glasgow.
Whereabouts in the SW are you?

Back