Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

You are doing brill, I've been following since you started the diary, thought I should say hello :) xx

Disney, wow... ayrshire is my neighbouring county! Am in D&G. At last, someone a little bit closer doing CD! Yay. So, bet it was raining on you all day too!!!!

Sarette, hi! You've done so well... fantastic. I remember you from the forums a few months ago, I think. Great to hear from you!

Laura, the 'pause' is a tactic for stopping a binge. In my case, with the oatcakes... eat two oatcakes. Usually then eat another 5 or 6 as they are so more-ish. But today, as tutored by KD, ate two. Wanted more. Thought about wanting more, and accepted that I wanted more, but took a 'pause' and promised I would think about it again in 5 mins. After 5 mins, took another pause. Still wanted the oatcakes, but told myself I could have them... in a while. And after 15 mins, the 'wanting' was over, and I went off out feeling OK, because I had made one tiny step towards controlling the desire to eat too much.

KD explains it better, but that was how it worked for me.

xxx

Am so proud of you for pausing hon... big step amoungst the little ones;)

You can do this!!! Keep it up !!

xxx

Hiya Lostris! Glad you had a fab weekend away... and gladder still that you are back! I did the pause thing again today. CD porridge at 7, oatcake at 9.30. Just one, again with peanut butter. Almost did it to practice the pause thing, and again, it worked... I wanted, but did not cave. I think it is the knowing that you CAN have it if you choose that makes it work. So... have to get to midday now before eating anything else. I can do it!

Hi Laura... it works, and like you've said in your thread, we need all the help/tactics we can get!

xxx

Well done for pausing, I like your explanation :) and Thanks! xxx

Aw, thanks Sarette. KD is the wise one who told me about the pause thing, she is the unofficial minis guru I think! But up till now I had just thought, 'yes, that would work' about the pause idea and not actually done it... thinking maybe I could manage without when I definitely can't on all evidence!!! So deciding to listen PROPERLY for a change and put thoughts into action. Doh! Sometimes it takes a scarily long time for the penny to drop with me!

xxx

Hi Katy, great news on the pausing thing, i need to practice this with rice cakes i think! did ok with the pizza but swapped my desire to ricecakes instead, must put more effort into the pausing!!

Have a fab day hun!

xx

I read KD's explanation the other day, I thought you did it justice :)

I miss KD, hope she is not away too long! xxx

Me too! But she works so hard for us, she does deserve a break and some me-time.

Lelly, isn't it weird to worry about eating too many oatcakes & ricecakes... I used to worry about too many family sized choc bars or cakes! I guess we have come a long way really!

xxx

...! I guess we have come a long way really!

xxx

you are sooo right Katy!! never thought i'd be having this conversation a year ago!

xx

Disney, wow... ayrshire is my neighbouring county! Am in D&G. At last, someone a little bit closer doing CD! Yay. So, bet it was raining on you all day too!!!!

Yes, it rained most of yesterday & it's raining again today. The pink blossom has been in bloom on the trees in my area recently, it's pretty, but with the wind & rain it's all coming off now onto the pavements making them quite slippy - not so good when l'm out a walk. ;) We love Scottish weather really though!!! :D

Hey Katy - you are so getting there with the pause thing I will need you to remind me of it in about 8-12 weeks time when I am SOOOOO going to need it.

Im a definite instant gratification woman and have always been I want it now so I'll have it now and dont think of the long term consequences!!!! Hence the reason for the weight problem.

My problem now is that although CD is working at getting the weight off I NEED the head work too.

Any ideas where I can get access to some really good CBT stuff ? (apart form wanting to live with KD - tee hee!)

Did you get some scales sorted after this morning's incident?
xxx

Hi Jess... I don't have CBT books but do have a couple I read in Jan/Feb on emotional eating & related stuff. Happy to post a couple on if you want to PM your address. One I will keep, the one that made most sense to me... but we are all different in what will chime with us so may be worth a try.

I am 100% sure that success comes from working the head as well as following the CD rules... without that I would not have got this far. Good for you to see this and make a start on it, think for me it is a battle I will always be fighting on some levels, but worth the fight.

Scales... will get some at weekend!

xxx

Tuesday 5th May

Brekky: CD porridge, grated apple, spoonful 0% greek yog
snack: 1 oatcake & peanut butter
lunch: sprouts, spinach & broad beans with 1oz crumbled feta
CD choc shake
tea: quorn meatballs, spinach, chopped tomato & mushroom stew with 2 small slices of sprouted wheat bread for carb.
(the spouted wheat bread was quite sweet, so not great with a stew! Ah well.)

Felt OK about todays food. Trying so, so hard to shift this last 2 & a bit lbs, but losing hope... or not hope, I guess, just patience!

I am heading off to work overseas next Tuesday for almost 3 weeks, and I cannot bring Cd into one of the places I am going so will need to be basically CD free by... next Tues?!! I know I have left it too late working up the steps, but will be 1200 next week... can try to take CD into first place, Singapore, but after Saturday that's it, it will just be cals & carbs & trying to make healthiest choices. So... I have been worrying about this for ages but avoiding facing it really. The whole trip seems very daunting for me, but I hope it will be an adventure too. I just don't want it to undo all my hard work.

I will be taking laptop & checking into minis as much as I can (but it may be at random times of the night!!!). I will need all the support I can get.

So... just an early warning, I suppose, that this diary may soon take a slightly off-plan turn, but need to keep on with it to keep me on track.

xxx

Singapooooooooooore!

I lived there for 8 years. I demand xxxxx piccies! I know you can do it with the calories, a lot of things have set calories. :)

xx

I can't wait to have some 0% greek yogurt! Menu sounds yummy (apart from the sprouts lol).

You'll be fine I'm sure, and we'll all be here when you need us :) xx

Oh Lostris, cool! I am not so worried about food there as I hope there will be veggie asian choices and tofu & stuff. And I am hoping that they will let me take some bars & shakes in, but will only take a few, for those 4 days, as after that I will be in Aus and no CD can be imported.

But I will be positive abut it and enjoy it and choose wisely and hope for the best. And if it means starting over again at 810 when I get back, then that's OK. But I am hoping I can do it.

Sarette, I LOVE 0% greek yog... I used to read about it on these threads and dream of it and now I can eat it too! I am a bit odd with the sprouts, I admit. Was trying for a very low-cal meal! Thanks for the positive thoughts re: trip, it all helps!!!

xxx

Back