Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Oh, oops forgot to mention. Singapore is VERY VERY strict with foods etc in bagage, I would check x100 if you bring CD packets/sachets or whatever so you don't hit any unpleasant snacks....

x

Lostris, ohhhh.... I had looked on web and found no mention of foodstuff bans so thought I would try, with maybe 3 shakes and 3 bars... declare them... if they take them then that's that. But if they are very strict maybe I should just forget it. Dunno. I did plan to be CD free by no but this last bit has taken longer than I imagined. I don't know HOW to check for sure, have tried asking on the forums before but though I got good info on Australia, none at all on Singapore.

Laura, thanks! I know CD is in Aus but it would be complicated as once I am there I will be working very long days and won't have a gap to meet a CDC. Also, after 6 days I then fly on to New Zealand (no info about there either) for three days, then back in to Aus again for three days, then home. So I thought that CD free was best option. But now as you can see I am getting cold feet! I had wanted to be at 1500 by now but still limping along at 1000!

xxx

A letter won't help for Aus, apparently. Their rules are that no dairy-derived-foods can come in, & CD is based on milk so it's just not allowed. And if Aus can be so strict, so can NZ & Singapore I guess, so CD free is probably the way to go. It's like letting go of a security blanket. Help!!!

It is a leap of faith, you're right. I am on 1000 now and after 2 weeks still missing that third CD pack... every single day!!! But the real world is all about real food, so I wil just do best I can. And then when I come back I will be back on the steps, promise!

xxx

Ps. Getting back onto the steps is really tough ;) Try and stick to the right allowances as it will be worth it. My CDC told me that some people did each step up just for a week. Obviously not as good as two weeks but perhaps something to consider too?

Katy, Im sure you will be fine and you will be back before you know it. You could always treat it as a little challenge to see how you will cope without CD, i for one am sure you have the inner resourcefulness to pull through without huge detriment to your weight loss.
What a wonderful time you will have...albeit a bloomin' busy one!
Look forward to hearing about your adventures in the big, wide world xxx

Hi Jess... I don't have CBT books but do have a couple I read in Jan/Feb on emotional eating & related stuff. Happy to post a couple on if you want to PM your address. One I will keep, the one that made most sense to me... but we are all different in what will chime with us so may be worth a try.

I am 100% sure that success comes from working the head as well as following the CD rules... without that I would not have got this far. Good for you to see this and make a start on it, think for me it is a battle I will always be fighting on some levels, but worth the fight.

xxx

thanks so much will PM you it xxx

Laura, thanks for the support. I think I will try and find a CD contact for Sydney just in case I feel I can't do this. It would be like a safety net. I have worked away before on CD, in Feb I was away for 2 weeks, but only in UK. That was why I stepped up to 810 in the first place, and though I wasn't able to be strictly 810, I made the best choices I could with things like a boiled egg or scrambled egg, no toast, for breakfast, bar for lunch, shake for tea... only two or three times did I have to do a 'business meal' out and then made best choices and felt fine with it. So it wasn't 810 exactly but made me feel I was not cheating as such and kept me in the zone. I don't think it affected my losses as I plateau then lose anyway.

So... by next tues will be on 1200 which is one step below 1500 where I had hoped to be. 1200 will give me more leeway I hope. So if I start 1200 this thursday - weigh day - I could technically be stepping up to 1500 by next thursday, & pack-free anyway... not ideal, but that must be possible. I and in singapore on weds. so it's just ONE day really. That makes it seem more do-able?

Laura, any general non-CD advice welcome too on travel to those places... I don't have time to explore sadly, but just anything that might be helpful? Feel very anxious about being away from OH & kids so long (& they have exams too... bad mum alert!).

Thanks.
xxx

Sleepy, love ya honey. You always know what to say! You will be hearing about my adventures, never fear, possibly in random PMs sent in the middle of the night.... I cannot get my head around the time difference thing! You are a great example of good sense and 'mindful' eating winning through, and I know what you say is right. Challenge... sure, but I quite like challenges! Hugs.

xxx

Jess, will post a couple of books today, you can keep them I think, or pass on to someone else via minis if you want? I hope they are of use. Good luck on that journey... you can do it!

xxx

Weds 6th May

Good day... finally settling into 1000 now that I am having to move up soon! I get weighed tomorrow, so hope, hope, hope a little bit has shifted. After my scales disaster I have no idea, but don't think I have put any on so that's something at least.

Brekky: CD porridge with flaked almonds & spoonful 0% greek yog (ran out of berries!!!)
snack: 2 x oatcakes with peanut butter (pause practice again... it worked!)
lunch: 3 little mini of sprouted wheat bread with 1/3 banana mashed onto it, followed by CD choc shake.
cafe with friend: big pot lapsang tea (black)
tea: sprouts, broad beans, spinach, cabbage, chopped tomatoes, as a chilli stir-fry, with feta crumbled for protein and a slice of soda bread for carb. I had forgotten how lovely soda bread is!

xxx

Thanks hon.

xxx

Hiya Katy

Best of luck for your WI tomorrow. Soda bread sounds fabby - mmm must make some on the weekend I think!

Your trip abroad sounds so exotic and exciting - not like my weekend trips to Canterbury!

xx

Thanks Serena! I must try to get my head into a space where I don't feel upset if I DON'T lose... I just have to keep on and try to keep steady. If I don't get to goal now, I'll do it after my overseas trip... just want it now, now, now! Ah well. One way... or another!!!

xxx

I must try to get my head into a space where I don't feel upset if I DON'T lose... I just have to keep on and try to keep steady.

It's such a toughy isn't it :( We know all the blurb but those numbers on the scale can be so compelling...grrrr!

You're doing so well though xx

Good luck for the weigh in, sweets xx

Thanks Serena! I must try to get my head into a space where I don't feel upset if I DON'T lose... I just have to keep on and try to keep steady. If I don't get to goal now, I'll do it after my overseas trip... just want it now, now, now! Ah well. One way... or another!!!

xxx

it'll come hun! Just keep on keeping on and you'll get there!:D

Hope the trip goes fab for you! sounds exciting!

xx

Thanks all of you for kind thoughts, of all the WIs this one seems the most momentous, maybe cos it's last before I go away and cos I skipped last weeks on the basis there'd be nothing to show. Scales this morning say I haven't quite got there, but no idea whether they are accurate after OH's helpful 'adjusting' on Tues. Will check in after 11 and 'fess up, promise.

xxx

Back