Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Hey Katy, you're doing great hunnie.
I've just had my hot choc shake and it really does help with cravings and makes me feel a bit fuller. xx

Thanks... today has been a bit better. Had tea early, rye bread with almond butter & mashed banana, which filled me up and made my sweet tooth happy. Feel like I am sort of back on track... I have to get serious and chip those extra lbs away though, or else own up & adjust my ticker and that will make me soooo sad.

xxx

or else own up & adjust my ticker and that will make me soooo sad.

xxx
Or just not have one... ;) Just kidding. It's a good thing to do, though you can always use the stuff in the User Control Panel. Glad you've had a good day. x

I think I am going to change my ticker, it was there for the first part of this change and I want to keep the facts and figures but I need to reflect where I am now.

And as for taking it hour by hour, that is something I just can't do at the moment. I want, no make that need, to get back to being able to put off food choices. Sometimes I can't believe that I only had 3 CD products in a day and was satisfied!

It sounds like you have had a good day today, and well done on throwing the biccies away. xx

Yesterday was good overall, did eat a slice of toast at 9 with butter & cottage cheese... I was hungry, but could have survived without it. Oh well.

Today I am driving alot, taking son to orthodontist and assorted chores. It will be a 3 hr round trip, drive wise, but will take a lunch stop and promise to be good. Have a parents night tonight so not sure when I will get any work done...

Have a fab day, everyone.

xxx

hey Katy, have a great day hun!

xx

I know you are wise and speaking a lot of sense, yet my head wants to argue...

I know I am above goal at the moment and still have the feeling that I never reached my final goal of 10st 7lb, and that nags at me. I want to get there, because it's where I said I would be, where I planned to be. It is a weight where I look definitely slim, yet not too thin, and is safely below the 11st mark. Above 11st I feel big, and every day I spend there feels like a compromise, if not a failure. So... want to lose weight. And would like to do it on a version of 1000 as that plan suited me well. I eat pretty lightly anyway (barring binge days) maybe 1600? So know I have to cut cals to lose. And if I do cut cals, would like the safety net of a couple of CD packs to know I was getting all my nutrients.

I think I am arguing with myself here, but thanks Laura for letting me hijack your thread... your post just brought up a lot of stuff I am thinking about.

Have a fab thursday.

xxx

hi again, just wanted to share my thoughts on your post in Laura's thread, I know exactly how you feel hun..i do i do!

ok...ever since reaching my goal in Jan I've consistenly had the nag nag nagging thought that 7lbs lower would be where i would be happier and although i keep having to remind myself that I look fine, it just won't go away, some weeks i'm ok with it and let it go and then it grips me again and again and i think this is very much a part of what my existing experiment is ultimately all about i.e working out what the maintenance cals are for me so that i would know what I need to have to lose and CD packs have crept back into my daily menu under the guise of 'keeping myself nutrient safe' its like i am a double agent and the one is constantly being deceptive to the other half about my motives, it's a hard job, i can tell you! My common sense agent tells me to stop and aim for maintaining happily but the other agent has a mission and will not let up on it after 9 months of reaching goal.
Sorry to ramble on but wanted to share with you.

xx

Hugs, Lelly. I always see you as very wise and sorted and calm... so it's fab of you to open up and share your thoughts and doubts. I think you are right, I am feeling a bit muddled. I am sitting at 4lbs over goal, and hate that. I suppose my goal was a number I aimed for and didn't at first think I'd reach, but do truly want to be a bit lighter & in the middle of healthy bmi. And UNDER 11st. I have struggled so much with maintaining though... and partly that is why I want to be lighter. To be safer. (!!!)

I think my head may be playing tricks, and know I need to be in a more settled place before I make any decisions like this. I am watching your experiment with interest. I think I need 1600 cals to sts, but 1600 cals will not help me ditch the extra lbs I gained on my London holiday. And getting to grips with the crazy binge eating is the MOST important thing I need to do.

Thanks Lelly (& Laura) for the wise words.

xxx

Yesterday was good overall, did eat a slice of toast at 9 with butter & cottage cheese... I was hungry, but could have survived without it. Oh well.

Yes, but living isn't just about surviving is it? And a slice of toast, [which was probably wholemeal anyway with cottage cheese and butter (butter doesn't make you fat, carbs do) William Leith, 'The Hungry Years' ]would have been fine anyway.
Fruit, do you eat enough fruit? Apples -yum. :) Yes, I know they have carbs in too.

The posts back and forward with Lelly and Laura describe just how I feel too, just add a stone for me. I'm not sure what to do either, but just a while in a calmer state would be good I think.

Aww you were hungry Katy - that is one time it's ALWAYS OK to eat! You could have chosen something unhealthy and instead you chose wisely so well done!

Isn't it funny how we are all so similar!? I also have 2 voices - the common sense one who knows that I've done well and should be happy and the other voice who would like to lose another 7-10lbs (maybe even a stone or more).

It's the same 2 voices that argue about whether or not I should eat a slice of cake with the sensible one saying that I don't need it as I'm not hungry and the other one whining "but I waaaant it!".

That's what I liked the most about being on SS - it silenced the arguments in my head! When I was simply having CD packs there was no discussion and no choices to make (not ones that mattered anyway) and I loved the peace and quiet!

I guess that's the real challenge - how to find that peace whilst making choices - how to get the 2 voices to be on the same side...:devilangel::angeldevil:

xxx
What would have happened if you'd eaten something different like protein?

As someone who is nearing their goal weight and kind of scared of maintenance to be honest l find it really helpful & inspiring to read these posts on how others cope.

Today in town I met up with lovely Dis (above) and had a herby tea... thanks, Dis! This was the first time I have met a fellow minis person and also the first time I have met anyone doing CD... apart from my CDC, all of the support that has got me to where i am has come from minis. Dis joined a minis team I was in back in March, & has been a fab support ever since then. Was so nice to put a face to the name (and a name to the name, if that makes sense!)

It was just a really nice thing to do, and though we only had 40 mins we had no shortage of stuff to talk about! Thanks Dis, hope we get to meet up again when I am back in your neck of the woods... and thanks for the pressie. (Can I tell the minis peeps what it was?)

xxx

Thanks Dis, hope we get to meet up again when I am back in your neck of the woods...
xxx

Aww Katy, thanks. I really enjoyed meeting you. The time passed so quickly. It would be nice to meet up again.

and thanks for the pressie. (Can I tell the minis peeps what it was?)
Yes sure. It was just the thing for someone on CD. LOL :D

Thanks Dis! I thought this was the BEST ever idea.

Dis gave me a small, gold card box with a ribbon, and said it was chocs... I panicked... eek! Opened it up and inside, in pink tissue paper, were lots of tiny choc squares all piled up, looking and smelling fab. And... they were chopped up CD bars! It was SO pretty and such a brilliant idea. It would make the best ever pressie for anyone on CD, for Xmas or birthday or just because.

Gotta go out to UCAS evening at kids school... sigh. But a good food day.

xxx

What a lovely present! I'd love to meet you all too, shame we are all so far apart. But, if ever anyone's in Shropshire.....?

awww what a lovely present!

Katy - hope you are ok - you seem to be really back in the right frame of mind again, and it's so great to see as it's living proof that even after having tough patches we all can get back on the diet and carry on, get our head back into it.

Such an inspiration (((hugs))) xx

Back