Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Like the idea of that, will get cooking apples when shopping on Friday, didn't have ebough yog left either.

So:
Porridge, 1/2 banana, 0% greek yog, semi skimmed milk
wholemeal pitta, 2 quorn fillets, salad
CD hot choc
sprouts, broad beans, feta cheese
shape yog

A lot less than I have been eating, yet tummy feels full. And so glad of the walk earlier...

xxx

Katy, your walk sounded bliss, makes me yearn to live in the countryside, especially with a Johnny Depp lookalike around. ;)

Hope you have a good Wednesday.

Feel good about yesterday, food and exercise wise. Supposed to get a dry spell later so will sneak out agin for a walk with luck. Scales were at 11 3 today, so down one from last few days. I need to keep focused now and keep pushing it down. Getting used to the food allowance and feel OK with it, for moment anyway. Eating this way makes me feel 'clean' in a way I never feel if eating chocolate, cake or sugar... just need to remember that and ration or ditch those things for good.

Have a great day everyone!

xxx

I know what you mean about feeling 'clean' almost like detoxing in a strange way, and detoxing is a weird and challenging subject.
Definitely try to keep this feeling and it will keep those scales going down. It's a really pretty day outside at the moment - I may copy you and go for a walk with my little boy in a while. It's crisp, but beautiful outside...if only I had my lovely new coat to go with it. xx

Are you looking for a new coat AlexM? Hope you get one! Something cosy but also slinky & fab! I need a coat too, only one coat still fits me... (it never fitted when I was big but used to waer it open as I loved it so) and it's a bit too flash for everyday.

Good day, so far. Was very hungry this morning, but didn't crack. About to have tea now, it's cooking, just waiting for rice. And still within 1200 so says Diet Tracker. About 4, had a long walk up a hill with OH & dog, got nicely out of breath and worked some muscles on way up, & lovely descent through woods at dusk, quite beautiful but in a slightly spooky way! So very happy about that. I know it's only walks, but I have lost the exercise habit and working inside & at home so much it is great to get out in the air, and in nature. Does your soul good.

SO:
Porridge, semi skim milk, 0% yog, 1/2 banana
wholemeal pitta, 2 quorn fillets, salad
CD hot choc
small amount brown rice, quorn chunks stir-fry with tinned tomato, spinach, brocolli.

Off to eat it now...

xxx

Katycakes;21232 I know it's only walks said:
Oh yes! It really does. Must get out more!! xxxx Thanks lovely, for everything.xxx
So glad food is calm and good for you just now, will try again with diet tracker tomorrow. x

Cheers Lovely Bess.

Have eaten my dinner and enjoyed it, but so badly want something sweet. Fridge is bare, no shape yog today, running low on lots of stuff and no shopping till Friday. So... wanting the almond slice that is in the cupboard. BUt... 230 cals. And have eaten a whole pack of 4 in not so distant past, so the plan for this evening is to resist that impulse. PAUSE and hopefully keep on pausing until it's bedtime! But so want one! :eek:(

xxx

Give it to OH, DD, DS or failing that the dog!!
I make cocoa using the real stuff, boiling water, a slosh of milk and splenda to taste, might that help? Or a CD hot choc if you have one?

Or brainwave here!! Share it with OH. 115 cals - not so bad? and it's gone! ha ha !

Or.......where's the other half of the breakfast banana?

Have you tried dried bananas? Black and yukky looking but so sweetie like and just the same cals as normal (I hope/think!)

Hmmm. Want the whole cake, but I know that if I eat one then
a/ cals for today go thru roof
b/ I will want more
therefore, no cake for me. Other half of banana is in the fridge, will have that... a taste of something sweet is all I want really. Or another CD hot choc, but that will blow my cals as well. It's only really when you have inner battles like this that you realize you DO win lots of them... not all, but many more than in pre-CD days. I will get some cocoa on Friday, had been thinking this as can't stick the options hot choc (or hi-lites or whatever it is) it's just sooo sickly sweet. Is Splenda OK then? Have never used sweetners before.

Banana half, I think.

xxx

Splenda is the least revolting of the sweeteners I find, although I don't usually use much sugar in anything and not in drinks except for cocoa. It comes in tablet form and as 'sugar' which I used tonight in the stewed plums. It's ok and my version of cocoa is quite nice but a but watery. Just a change from coffee/rooibosh tea.

I think the present you had from Dis was great. I used to cut my bars up into sweeties too. But you know those mini sweetie bars sold in big bags are quite low in cals as are mini maltesers, but of course there's always the rest of the bags calling to us from the pantry......just the same as the tray of fudge that the girls made. Actually it's not very nice at all, they don't seem to be eating it either.

No, I don't have sugar in tea, but a lower cal version of sugar would be very useful. Still 'pausing'... no banana yet! Mini maltesers not a great idea for me, anything like that I seem to be driven to eaten by the crateful.

xxx

Bit like that blessed fudge then that's still here?
And the 3 glasses of wine I consumed before supper........lets not go there..:eek:

Hey Katy, tea sounded good. Stay away from the cake portion! I know you aren't going shopping until Friday but I bought some of the Hartleys low sugar/ fat jelly pots and they were delish. Not many cals at all and sweet and lovely with a bit of fruit and yoghurt - felt like a proper pud. Obv not much help for this evening though.

I drove up to Newcastle today and it was such a gorgeous journey this morning, I just wanted to stop off at my mums and take the dogs for a walk rather than carry on up to work things. Not fair...

Hope you get through this evening unscathed x

Katy - do you think (and this is for me as much as you) have conditioned ourselves into thinking we can't stop at one? It's the CBT stuff that really strikes a cord with me. I've told myself for years I can't resist more than one biscuit and therefore I can't do it. Now I'm trying ala KD to go the other way, and today for the first time it worked.

It's not easy but I don't think it's as impossible as my head wants me to think it is.

You're probably right Laura but know I am not in a place to try risking it right now. And even one cake slice would take my cals way over, & one pack of mini maltesers... well, it's funny to note that as a lifelong chocoholic, these days choc doesn't appeal unless I am in binge mode. I had the banana half in the end, and that was fine.

Wales, the jelly sounds like a great option, will check on Friday but fear it may not be veggie. If it is, I'll buy it!

So, yesterday was fine in the end, sweet cravings kept at bay. Today must try to plan ahead more, noticed that the desire for something sweet was at its strongest in the hour just after I'd eaten, & after that it tailed off. I did eat the banana half anyway, but probably could have done without.

Today it is chucking down here, it's all dark and gloomy. Went out to feed rabbits & almost drowned. Not going out again! So unless it stops, a day in working is on the cards. Hope things are better where you guys are, have a great Thursday all!

xxx

You're probably right Laura but know I am not in a place to try risking it right now. And even one cake slice would take my cals way over, & one pack of mini maltesers... well, it's funny to note that as a lifelong chocoholic, these days choc doesn't appeal unless I am in binge mode. I had the banana half in the end, and that was fine.

Wales, the jelly sounds like a great option, will check on Friday but fear it may not be veggie. If it is, I'll buy it!

So, yesterday was fine in the end, sweet cravings kept at bay. Today must try to plan ahead more, noticed that the desire for something sweet was at its strongest in the hour just after I'd eaten, & after that it tailed off. I did eat the banana half anyway, but probably could have done without.

Today it is chucking down here, it's all dark and gloomy. Went out to feed rabbits & almost drowned. Not going out again! So unless it stops, a day in working is on the cards. Hope things are better where you guys are, have a great Thursday all!

xxx
Deciding when and when not to eat cakes etc is something I think we are all learning to do. Sometimes, the time is right, sometimes it's better to offset it for something else ie as you did Katy or even some protein if we were actually hungry.

I'm pretty sure the jelly is vegetarian but I could be wrong. I love jelly with raspberries and a bit of yoghurt, but again, even that I had to learn to portion control.

Katy
Sounds like you had a good day yesterday....... Yuk to the rain, I really hate the rain! Cold is one thing but rain I just hate.. I hope it clears up for you.
Its actually quite sunny here in London today but cold....
Have another good day hon xxxx

Oh dear, you have rabbits? All that talk of the bunny boiling Swedes must have been very upsetting. I hope you covered their ears!!
We had some sweet little minature ones until recently. One daft sister bought them for another for a birthday present and the other 2 ended up looking after them. We gave them away to a 12 year old in the end along with their deluxe huge run and hutch and now they are having lots more fuss and attention.
I thinks house rabbits would be fun, but you couldn't leave a door open......

Katy, hope you have a good day, despite the weather. You sound in good spirits and your food choices are really good.
My daughter is off school again, went back yesterday & by lunchtime was sent home unwell. My son is unwell today too. Got a doctors app. for them later this morning.

Back