Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Hi Serena, no, not a good cook at all, managed to BURN two quorn fillets last week. Chargrilled? Ha!!! My skills were all about cake & pudding, best not to go there!

Not having a good bread day. 4 oatcakes & 2 multigrain rolls... all breaded out. It has to stop! How hard can it be to cook a pan of rice anyway? I know I am just being lazy. Hope all is good with you hun.

xxx

I feel for you Katy, one of my (many) downfalls is bread :eek:

A pan of rice is a pain to cook but couscous is much easier ;)

You're doing so well hun x

Annie x

Hi Katy,
Thanks for your ideas, I think that my time on CD has left me without any food imagination, can't really get my head around menu ideas now. Will certainly try some bits you mentioned though.
Not tried the beef strip things yet, but not sure if I fancy them. Perhaps in a stir fry? I got a pack of the quorn swedish meatballs today and some fillets.
Felt the need to eat on Sunday, so did the baked mushroom and cottage cheese recipe that I saw on one of the boards - I used chive and onion cottage cheese and it was yum. Not sure if that is just "proper" food deprevation though!
You mentioned that you spent a long time on 810 - should I be spending longer do you think? I go on holiday in the middle of August. My idea was to get to 11st, and then hopefully have 2 weeks of 810 and 2 weeks of 1000 before I go. Should I be giving my body longer to adjust? Don't intend to go mad on my holiday, but I do intend to enjoy myself!
Thanks again.
X

Count, it's your call really... I didn't PLAN to do 810 for ages, I switched up back in Feb as I was working away for two weeks, and thought 810 would give me more chance of staying 100%... it worked well and I liked it so much I chose to stay with it to lose the last two stones. It was a slower path than if I'd stayed with SS but I learned so many important lessons about working with food in the picture that it was well worth it.

Your plan sound good, but you could try 2 wks 810, 2 wks 1000 and 2 wks 1200 maybe? You might find you can have a happy holiday on 1200, or close to! I think the rule I try to stick to now is to have protein with every meal, and that seems to work. I NEVER did that before, and it's something alot of veggies probably don't do, not just me. I ended up eating a LOT of pasta in the past, for example, to feel satisfied... these days, eating protein and carbs means I just don't eat as much full stop.

I find I really LOVE wholefood type stuff now, long may it last.

xxx

Weds 24 June

So much for a low-bread day!! Didn't quite work out like that.

Brekky: porridge, berries, 0% greek yog
snack: 4 x oatcakes with peanut butter (the oatcakes rear their ugly head again. Why?!!!)
lunch: 2 x multigrain rolls with low-fat cottage cheese
snack: CD bar (sweet craving follows bread-eating...)
tea: 2 x Shape mango lo-fat yogs.

OK, no veg or salad... bad, bad girl. I will do better tomorrow.

xxx

PS: edited to add - small bit of quiche & green salad
(the two shape yogs just didn't do it)

Last edited:
thanks heavens for quorn eh:D! what did veggies do before quorn i wonder?? I have quorn sometimes more for the low fatness than the nomeatness though, SIL is a veggie so we always have some in the freezer as she stays over often and she brought some of those quorn mini savoury eggs, now they were nice!

hope you've had a good day hun!
x

Weds 24 June

So much for a low-bread day!! Didn't quite work out like that.

Brekky: porridge, berries, 0% greek yog
snack: 4 x oatcakes with peanut butter (the oatcakes rear their ugly head again. Why?!!!)
lunch: 2 x multigrain rolls with low-fat cottage cheese
snack: CD bar (sweet craving follows bread-eating...)
tea: 2 x Shape mango lo-fat yogs.

OK, no veg or salad... bad, bad girl. I will do better tomorrow.

xxx

so are you doing 1500 these days katy?

x

Oh blimey... now you are asking. I don't know what I am doing. Since coming back from my overseas work trip, where I was off-plan but trying to be as sensible as poss, I haven't gone back to the steps. I was at 1500 when I went, and lost another 1 or 2lbs during those three weeks while away. So I wasn't sure whether to go back to 1500 or just try to continue the healthy eating thing. I opted for the last, as going back to 1500 or 1200 would have felt like going backwards.

And have maintained pretty much. I suppose I am aiming at 1700 or 1800 a day but actually I have no idea how many cals I am eating... I am a bit number phobic and just don't do the cal counting thing. I must try. I keep saying I will. Instead I just try to eat small portions of nice healthy food & have protein at each meal and keep a good balance of fruit, veg, & salad too. Have been aware that some days veg is low & most days bread is high.

Today I was trying to balance the 2 x roll lunch by having just 2 lowfat yogs for tea, but I was still hungry so had a small bit of quiche & salad (added in to diary as an edit).

In the long run I want to get down to 10st 7lbs so I have a 7lb safety net, and never go above 11st. At the moment I do go above some days, but always come back down the day after. But I want to stay here for a bit and get used it before trying to shift any more. Does any of that make sense?

I also think I need to do more exercise, that would definitely help.

xxx

But I want to stay here for a bit and get used it before trying to shift any more. Does any of that make sense?
That makes perfect sense.
I'm the same Katy. I feel that I need to get back to normal eating, what ever that is but also to take some of the pressure off. Then in a few weeks start again losing more. I know you think there is alot of bread in your diet but your choices seem to be good ones. Im not sure how many calories are in the quorn mini hot dog sausages but they are well worth a try and low fat..yum.

Thanks Trip... will hunt down the hot dogs! Get weighed today and scales tipped this morning at 10st 13 so pretty sure I will weigh in at 11st later. Annoying, but I mustn't let it throw me. Got migrainey-head this morning and feel a bit bloated so totm looming I think. That'd be good in a way as it'd mean my cycle was back where it should be (it was all over the place on CD).

xxx

Hey katy, dont take notice of scales, you are making good choices. TOTM Will it ever be normal again, first I had is for like 9 weeks straight, now I have not had for 2 months! I am im major mix up, and no im not pregnant :)

morning hun, i'll second Racquel there, you are doing fab hun so ignore those scales hope you feel better soon! hormones eh!:rolleyes:
have a great day
x

Hi Lelly & Raquel. I know, hormones, huh! Have had tablets and head feels bit clearer, I can usually stop a migraine now if I get it soon enough but it keeps trying to come back for a few days all the same... sigh! Thanks for pep-talk both of you, don't feel like I am making great choices just now, but trying!

On Friday I am away again for 2 weeks (& three weekends) working, so there's another challenge. I do know I can do it though, so not scary. And I can take some bars for emergencies. I usually spend a lot of energy when away, both physical & emotional/mental which probably helps, whereas when i am working from home I am pretty couch-potato like! Anyway, may not be on minis so much after tomorrow, but WILL be checking is as ever for my sanity fix.

xxx

Cross posted with you Jess... thanks, I have been told and I will ignore anything less than positive, I promise. (Also, I am bad, havn't had brekky yet so still hoping for under 11st!)

Have a great day too Jess.

xxx

I had porridge with strawberries and raspberries for breakfast. Yum!
Dinner will be tomato with mozzarella cheese and basil. Yum!
Tea will be all in curry night with work. Yum yum yum!
Everything in moderation!
Have a great day xx

Have had tablets and head feels bit clearer
Bless, I had them bad too. I have to go to sleep in a dark room as I can't function. Someone on here can't remember (sorry) who has a friend that works in a sleep research clinic. They recommend the best thing is to drink 2 aspirin disolved in a glass of full fat coke. I know it isn't ideal...but if it works it is worth it. I haven't tried it yet but I will do. Hope the WI goes well but as everyone else has said ignore the scales. You could always put a sticky label over the dial and write on it what ever weight you want to be:D;) x

Aw, Sleepy and Trip... always make me smile! WI done, the scales were good to me... 10st 12lbs. YAY!!! I know it was a con and only achieved by missing breakfast but still. I won't see CDC until August due to working away, festival, having friends to stay etc... so that feels like a leap. I think I will be OK though. I have bought some bars and choc shakes as they feel less naughty than the non-CD versions, and there may be days when I need the security blanket of a guilt free sweet treat. I know that my head is not quite caught up with the thinking about 'naughty' and 'guilt free' but you maybe know what I mean.

Thanks for Migraine tips, Trip, paracetamol plus usually works for me these days, if you get it in time. I did today. I will remember the aspirin tip though, I had a stinker last summer and had to do a presentation, thought I might keel over & die in the middle of it, or chuck up... not a good look. So will keep the coke & aspirin tip for moments like that. As for the scales & sticky label tip... why did I never think of that before? Lol!!!

Have a fab day, both of you... and Sleepy, enjoy the curry!

xxx

Katy, i always dip into your thread and I know we cross paths on the forum. I just wanted to say how I find you so down to earth and a real inspiration. Your words are always such a huge help to me and I appreciate them so much. I love reading your thread as it shows me there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for being you, good luck with your trips away. Big hugs xxx

Aw Sunshine, thanks so much!!! You are a breath of fresh air hon on the forums too, I hated to see you down yesterday because it was so not like you. You are doing so well and are so focused and determined... not long to go now!

xxx

Thurs 25 June

Good day. Weighed in with CDC at 10st 12lbs, but did skip brekky to get that result... I was scared I would be 11st and it was worrying about nothing really - unless I had planned to eat a brick for brekky! But anyway, set me up for nice day.

Half an hour ago I tried on a vintage dress I bought in Glasgow last Monday. It seemed a teeny bit tight but loved it so bought it, but hadn't planned to take it on work trip with me. Then tried it this afternoon and it was perfect fit, looked great. Blimey. So into the case it went... and up shot my morale. YAY!!!

Brekky: none... just herb tea.
Lunch: 2 x quorn fillets, spoon of hummus, spoon of coleslaw, salad leaves, wholemeal pitta
snack: CD bar
snack 2: (or maybe brekky, but in different place?) small bit quiche, spoon cottage cheese
tea: rice, kale, sweet potato & tofu & seaweed stir fry.

Full but very happy!

xxx

Back