Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Cross-posted Bess... hug for you too. I had better learn something. So tired of making the same mistakes, of the steps forward being such teeny ones. But at least they are steps forward, even if sometimes there is a step back.

xxx

Eavesdropping madly on this conversation in the hope that I'll learn something, or rather it will be hammered into my thick skull!! Keep going both of you please.xx
Me too:eek: Some good advice from KD:)
Hope you are OK Katy I bet this time of year is busy for you? I have already weighed up, xmas food v's normal days eating. Personally for me it's been, in the past, just an excuse to pig out and thats what I don't want to do. I've decided that I don't want to fight more lbs in the new year so I have already told myself to be prepared and have only what I fancy in moderation. I hoping that if it's in my head now I won't go mad. Fingers crossed.

I'm with you on that... we can do it, Ms JT! So far so good today. I am feeling a bit cold and planning a CD hot choc at three to break up the afternoon... have got through 3/4 of work quota for the day, too, but OH has suddeny come over all DIY in my workroom, which is NOT helping! Daren't complain though, it may be 2050 before he gets a hammer out again...

xxx

OK... yesterday was OK. Diet Tracker says I was 1299 cals, so that is fine. Feel better just for having gained a bit of control. I had enough, and picked at cauli cheese in evening as well, after my own meal, and didn't feel too bad as it could all go into DT. I wasn't HUNGRY, anyway.

Today I am hopeful, just a bit uncomfortable having big boxes of biscuits & chocs still lurking, in a few days they will all be wrapped and given, and that should help. Also suspect TOTM is due, which again explains a lot. I seem to be hormonally challeneged a LOT lately. Every major pig-out is the week before totm.

Anyway, thankful to KD for a plan I have a hope of sticking to. If I was rigidly doing 1200, yesterday would have been a failure, but at 1300 it was fine. Cold here today and trying to light fire without sticks as I don't want to go & chop any... OH is mad-busy at this time of year too, and the woodshed is not as it should be! Xmas fairy lights are on and that makes me happy, hoping for another good work day today.

xxx

Katy, hope you have a good day.

I need to stay focused & not let eating a bit more to recover post-op & help with taking iron & inflammation tablets be an excuse to go OTT & pig out. Today ok so far it's only 10:45am LOL :p, had probiotic yoghurt & fruit salad for breakfast. About to go into town, think l'll have soup & a peppermint tea in cafe for lunch.

Wish everyone a successful day.

Have a good day, Dis. I think you will be fine, you are really focussed... and that soup and mint tea sounds great! Could be a soup day for me too I think... so COLD!!!

xxx

Loved the whole KD vs Katy posts above! Well, not vs technically but hopefully you know what i mean. I took much heart from reading them and am definitely employing the whole "i might not care now but there may be a time when i do care and regret my actions" thing to heart.
Especially up to Thursday when I have my works xmas do..yum yum yum! Hope you are well Katy and beetling away on your masterpieces :) xx

Not such a good day, but the 12-1500 bracket made it a lot better than it could have been. Not going to stress, just keep on pointing forward and do the best I can... work is going well, which is something. Have a day off tomorrow and am going up to Glasgow to see a couple of friends and buy prezzies for kids & OH. Looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is good...

xxx

Evening Katy. Hope you find some balance betwen 12 and 1500 cals, and that your fire lit without the sticks. It is absolutely frrreezing here too, just under a blanket on the setee, I want a cup of tea but it is even colder in the kitchen so will have to send OH when the rugby he is watching finishes!!!

Have a good evening x

Katy, hope you have a good day in Glasgow tomorrow. :hug99:

Have a lovely day - Christmas lights and everything?! xx :xmascheers::109::xmastree:

(Just showing off now!!) Mind you, I can't do the ticker thing........ x

but OH has suddeny come over all DIY in my workroom, which is NOT helping! Daren't complain though, it may be 2050 before he gets a hammer out again...
lol I know that feeling. My OH fell off a ladder and is off work until new year, then has to take 6 weeks off after an operation. My DIY will literally be Do It Yourself, yourself being me :mad:
"i might not care now but there may be a time when i do care and regret my actions"
Think I like that quote too Sleepybird, it's so true.
Have a good day Katy and enjoy your shopping:D

Thank you lovely Wales and lovely Dis and lovely Bess and lovely MsJT...

Glasgow was fab. Set off scarily early but road to ayr was ice-free and was eating yoghurt & fruit brekky in Starbucks at 8.00 with one friend, she has been going through some elderly-mum-traumas too so we talked & hugged & set world to rights. Then late morning met other pal, and we managed a coffee; a wagamama salad & mint tea; another coffee & starbucks salad before heading home on respective trains at 7. In between, much xmas shopping... there came a point when we were carrying too much to go on, lol! And all the shops were starting to close, phew. Oh, & the bank account was empty, ha!!!

Yesterday will set me up for the next week of hard work... have to get through a certain quota every day that is twice my normal output, but I am feeling optimistic and think I can do it. Trying very hard to meet the 'impossible' xmas deadline. I just need to do it WITHOUT the assistance of chocolate!

Today scales say 11st 4, so better than the weekend. Onwards and upwards...

xxx
:23:

Well done Katy, so glad you had a lovely day. Your choices were brilliant no cake? More reslove than me I'm afraid, daughter no 3 and I had a day out together which involved bacon sandwiches. Much fun too, so that was alright really. Came home to some lovely post including a book from a dear friend. It's just brilliant, I'm half way through so supper is late. I'm saving the second half for a long bath with the bathroom lit by candles later. My ultimate and very rare luxury! (Not the bath! Just making a treat of it with the pampering!) xx

Well done on a good day yesterday! Salad in Starbucks? I only thought they did cakes and bready things...

Bess - what book are you reading? Love a good book and only have a few in for Christmas - don't want to run out...

It was mozzarela and rocket salad, no bread involved, & the mozzarela was just tiny pieces, so not bad. There was a dressing but in a separate tub so I chucked that. They also do porridge which I have had for brekky before on my travels, & three sorts of yoghurt which make a good brekky or lunch. I love Starbucks!

xxx

Bess - what book are you reading? Love a good book and only have a few in for Christmas - don't want to run out...

Oh Alli, you'll be so sorry you asked!!

I have just finished 'Mudbound' by Hilary Jordan, good, bit gritty set in the Anerican south.
Recently read 'The Summer Book' by Tove Jansson and loved it, unusual.
Thought Lionel Shriver's 'We need to talk about Kevin' was amazing.
I re read one of my all time favourite's from time to time - which I know another friend likes too, Dodie Smith's, 'I Capture the Castle.' Michael Frayn too, 'Spies.'
I really like autobiographies too, 'Desert Queen' is excellent, but heavy going, about Gertrude Bell. Have just had a spate of reading lots about Vita Sackville West and some about WB Yeats, well his sisters really, who have distant family connections. 'A Circle of Sisters,' Judith Flanders is excellent, about 4 sisters who all married famous men, Kipling, Burne-Jones,Baldwin and Poynter.
I have a few all time favourites which I read and just like to have about me, my Desert Island list, I suppose and am just about to add another favourite to that, a children's book. But another lovely book which has been written by a friend who lives locally is 'The Morville Hours.' Not only is it a beautiful book in itself, with a fabulous cover, it's about a particular garden and is written like a medieval book of hours. It also tells of friends and neighbours of mine too, but I would still love it if it didn't. What's on your list then? Give me some more ideas! x

Edit: Morville Hours is by Dr Kathryn Swift.

Last edited:
Back