Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Evening Katy, hope you have had a good day. Am sending some of my feeing strong vibes to you, am only half a day in so am still in the first flush so have plenty to spare. And I know when I need some in return you will be first in line to send some back xxx

Lelly, thanks... don't apologise, it is great to have this on my thread! The first post was a bit baffling for my unscientific head, but the second made a lot more sense... so if 500 cals extra a day make a lb over a week... then at Xmas when you might eat possibly 1,500 extra cals for a week... or more... you could add on several lbs. And then the water & carbs etc are a factor... helpful. It is so much easier to gain the weight than lose it, so is good to see it in bare terms like this... keeps it in perspective.

You have convinced me to try harder with the water... let's see if it will help. It can't hurt, that is for sure!

Wales, thanks for the stay-strong vibes. I promise to send some back when you need them! Today has been OK... much better than the last few. Maybe I can treat this as a new start and work from here. Just about to have my protein meal, cauli, mushrooms & cottage cheese... yum.

Thanks everyone for being so fab & supportive, it helps.

xxx

Hi Katy, sorry i've been awol and missed being here for your struggles. Lelly's post helps put some perspective on things. I know i sort of forget to drink as much water when I've moved away from sole source....never quite realised it was still as important. Hope you are starting to get back on track and feling better about things. You are still trying, which is better than the alternative of giving it all in.. you have come so far already and are an inspiration to so many. Hugs and positive vibes for tha day.....lets get glugging! xx

Still hanging on in here. Yesterday not so bad... all perfect and then a nibble moment at the end of the day. Alas it involved a chocolate brownie daughter had made at friend's house and brought home specially... oops.

Today scales still say 11 6, so will be happy about that and keep on in the hopes I can shift a tiny bit more by wednesday. Porridge down & coffee & bar planned for midday... working today, so hopefully that will keep me on track.

xxx

Hugs and positive vibes for tha day.....lets get glugging! xx

Am with you on that butterfly. Am on my second 750ml bottle already today, mind you I have been up nearly three hours already!

And it is a kind of bright day today, with a few breaks in the clouds - would be lovely to see some sunshine. Here's hoping.

Have a great day x

Have just checked back and 2 days ago your scales were 11.9! So that's 3 lbs in 2 days - see we were right, that day off didn't ruin everything!! :D
Well done Katy!! :happy096: And you had to have some of DD's brownie, I would have too and that won't matter either! Yay!! xxxx

Yep, the first bite was justified... the hoovering up of two additional ones, not so much. But yay to the scales, mysterious though they may be... onwards & downwards, right?

xxx

A brownie or 3 isn't the end of the world if it's not every day! You're doing fab - in fact you, Bess and the others who are focussing on getting to your original goals are really inspiring me! I'm not quite inspired enough to go on a strict plan but will really try 1200 for a week and see how I go!

Keep going!

Think that 1200 is very do-able, sustainable, in a way that 810 may not be... for me, anyway! It's a struggle, but I am not giving up!

xxx

I'll make a confession....I never managed to follow SS+ or 810 for a whole week ever! :eek::eek::eek:

I've never stuck to the portion sizes or the correct vegetables - no quorn passed my lips (despite liking it) and my salads were more colourful than the technicolour dreamcoat ;)
I mainly had salmon for my fish (not allowed) and often steak instead of chicken or whatever is on the list.

Still - I may not have followed the plans to the letter but I still got there in the end so it worked for me, but I do admire anyone who can follow a plan that allows food but severely restricts it (I'm OK on SS as it's completely food free)!

I know you won't give up - can tell you have a stubborn streak ;):D!

I didn't follow 810 to the letter either, I am the same as you Alli - a very colourful salad - which is why I prefer SS, I deviate from the script on 810!

Hope you are having a good day Katy, you are doing fab and I think I would've had some brownie too, strike that probably all! But these are small parts of an otherwise good plan you are working too. And it is showing on the scales.

You can do this chick, stick with it x

Thanks all... today has been OK. Had a computer disaster at 2-ish, WORD crashed and I lost everything I'd done today. Felt like crying. Had a hot choc shake and found myself looking thru cupboards for something to take away the sick feeling. Then decided miraculously that the choc shake would be enough. I drank it & went rooting thru computer memory & found a 'recovered file' of the lost stuff, so have managed to make a new file from that. All is not lost, & major victory was staying out of the biscuit tin/ bread bin.

Time for some sprouts, quorn & feta methinks.

xxx

yay Katy for the recovered work and choc shake!

Well done Katy, thats progress! Good news about the recovered work also, I bet lots of choice words went through your mind at the time! x

So glad you found the work don't you just panic though? DD 4 lost loads of a bibliography the other day and even her computer techy brother-in-law couldn't find it. Not sure I don't prefer a pen and paper.....

Well, you've had a better day than me. I'm putting it down to my cold but I want to eat everything in sight and have had a pretty good try today....lost my way a bit, will hope I find the map tomorrow..:(

I'll make a confession....I never managed to follow SS+ or 810 for a whole week ever! :eek::eek::eek:

I've never stuck to the portion sizes or the correct vegetables - no quorn passed my lips (despite liking it) and my salads were more colourful than the technicolour dreamcoat ;)
I mainly had salmon for my fish (not allowed) and often steak instead of chicken or whatever is on the list.

Still - I may not have followed the plans to the letter but I still got there in the end so it worked for me, but I do admire anyone who can follow a plan that allows food but severely restricts it (I'm OK on SS as it's completely food free)!

Not just me then?.......Wales too it seems.....

Probably should be SS really for me, no excuses then.....bit concerned though, been reading horror stories about it on mini's, hair loss, thyroid and gall bladder problems.......scary, although I think they all were long term SSers.

Hi Katy, well done on just having the CD shake & resisting biscuits/bread. Great that you managed to recover your work.

I'm still plodding along (struggling!), going to have 1/2 a hot CD toffee & walnut shake just now.

Bess, sorry your day has been a challenge. Some days it is just so hard, you could eat the whole house.

I had major struggles last night, really REALLY wanted something sweet. No emotional reason this time. (I think chocolate is always in season in my house). A bar of green & blacks materialised in the cupboard... no idea where from. It was dark, so that was a deterrent. Then considered biscuit tin again. (have out it on top of kitchen cupboards so it is hard to get at). The remembered choc macaroons in cupboard, bought for gluten-free friend. Bargained with myself. Just two. Or three. Not the whole packet. Worried though, as that is a bargain I have never been very good at upholding.

Then brainwave, inspired by Wales having an extra pack... went and got a CD bar, ate it, loved it, felt better. Not an 810 day but better than a macaroon day.

xxx

Dis, so good to see you back... missed you. You are doing so well, are you not almost at the end of your journey? I hope you are all better after the op and fighting fit again. I am trying 810 for a while... I ordered all choc shakes but reading your post reminded me how much I love the toffee & walnut ones! A bit of variety, maybe.

Take care all, hope we all have a good day.

xxx

Katy,
Good on you hon.......... Its so hard sometimes to resist those things we really want but you did it and that was great.. a cd pack was a great idea otherwise once you had one choc macaroon it could have led to many more..
I sometimes do this with custard creams, I buy them for the boys.. but I reallly love them.. and if I have one I could have 5......... urghhh.
So good on you hon.. that was definatley a good way to go xxxx

Back