Lost & Found... Map Gone AWOL!

Well, the box is still there. Since the initial desire to scoff them, no more cravings... but was out all afternoon so perhaps not a fair test! I stuck to plan though, a good day. Late morning I had a big coffee with half a toffee/walnut shake; at about 3 I had a skinny latte & choc CD bar; and just had tea, quorn. Feel pretty content and OK.
I know a lot of my temptations arise from being at home all day, especially when stressed with work going slowly or whatever. Alas I know a chocolate shot will rev me up, but I don't want to rely on that - not good. I need to replace the choc with something healthy, like a walk.
Wales, have so many times given away choc or hidden it. I think having it there... just yards away... could be a good tactic. I have moved the box so I can see it. It sounds mad, & it might be, but nothing stops me when I am in a chocolate craving mood, it's the denial thing and wanting to get stroppy and have what I know I shouldn't. So... they are my reminder chocs. I can have them if I want to. I just don't want to, yet.
Butterfly, glad I am not the only nutter... it does make a weird sort of sense to me, glad you get it!
Sleepy, I'd have said that before... but we'll see!
Hope everyone else has had a good day, just off to read diaries...
xxx

Yay glad you had a good day and am right behind you in battle of temptation.

Was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning and Paul McKenna was on promoting his book/ CD I Can Make You Thin. It is being relaunched. He did an imagination exercise about resisting chocolate, and they were imagining eating a big plate of whatever it was they detestedthen adding chocolate to it, and imagining what that would be like. Well today getting a coffee from the machine at work I was looking at the vending machine, and when I was running my eye over the chocolate that was all that came to mind. Now I am not in a position to have a choice about eating it, being on SS, but it certainly came straight into my mind, no prompting or anything. I have that book and CD (somewhere), might get it out again!

Here's to a great evening and a fab day tomorrow x

Katy, glad you had a good day. So far l'm staying on track, hope l can keep it that way over the weekend.

Wales, l've got that Paul McKenna CD & book as well, l used it pre-CD & found it really effective (as long as l made sure l played the CD, but then l stopped :p), think l'll start listening to it again.

Yay for Katy for getting to the end of the day without GU! Glad you made it hun. We may be on a roll.....i did my first non cheat WI day too. Lets keep it up- and have a positive Friday. xx

Hey Katy, yay you for the box experiment just proving to yourself that you do have the choice is great!

Wishing you another fabby 810 day!

xx

I'd chuck the choccies on the fire Sweetie, can't see the point of too much temptation around......for me anyway. :sigh:

But you're very quiet this am. Have they gone already? Big hug. xxx

GU still there... ha!!! Ye of little faith. (Or maybe you just know me too well!!!)

Quiet today as out at hospital in Dumfries all day with daughter, who has had general anaesthetic op to have a fang-y tooth removed and some burrowing down to try to expose a hidden canine tooth so it can be 'dragged' slowly upwards over coming months by a teeny chain!!! Eeek! Bit of blizzard in town, but we got home fine.

She was fab, a bit of a bleed afterwards but she is brave. We're just home. Had a latte & CD bar in town, just had a hot choc now, so on schedule. And scales said 11 4 this morning, which was a big morale boost. I will NOT stuff it up, I promise.

Anyway, all good, gonna curl up with daughter & watch DVD of Coco Before Chanel... relax.

xxx

Go Katy, Go Katy!!:party0011::party0011:
Enjoy some nice relaxing hun, that's what i'll be doing too... brave daughter, hope she feels better soon!

xx

Brilliant stuff Katy, that's my girl. Let's just do it!!! Have a lovy evening with your daughter, I think I quite fancy that film. The gritters were out this evening round here so expecting some kind of winter weather overnight. Stay warm x

Well, that's alright then but poor daughter and her mum! Bet that wasn't your favourite day ever either!
I'd like to see that film, I've heard it's very good, you'll enjoy this evening. Great about the 11.4!! :D xxx

Katy, you're doing great. Hope your daughter is feeling ok after op. It can take a while to get over the anaesthetic.

I'm just about to have a bath then watch the Celebrity Big Brother final - never really bothered with it before, but really enjoyed it this series. Any of you been watching it?

It's been really really cold here in Ayr again, l thought we could be in for more snow, none so far though. Katy is there any snow where you are?

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hi Katy,
Saturday hugs :hug99: hun. You're doing so well, is it feeling a bit easier yet? Good on you for resisting GU, the invention of satan, that stuff is....! 11 st 4lb must feel good....thats 2lb in 1.5 days right?.....blooming amazing. Certainly helps to keep you going. Have a fab day, off to bed.....zzzzzz! xx

Thanks all.

Film was good, quite sad though. Made it very clear how hard it was for a poor female to get a start in life back at turn of last century. It was relaxing though, and you were right Bess, I was knacked so hit the hay soon after.

Daughter is fine now, not even taking painkillers, just ibuprofen-type thing for the swelling. She is a tough cookie. She had a bad bleed in the hospital & doc had to press hard against some of the stitches, and it hurt her a lot, but she didn't yelp. (Maybe she couldn't, with his hand in her mouth!). After that, the pain of the extractions & digging about didn't seem as bad. She is still sleeping, best medicine I think.

Dis, we haven't watched BB this time... no idea who was still left in even. Hope it was good though!

Butterfly, scales are 11 5 today, but that's OK. Just have to keep the scales going in a downward trend. Keep it steady.

GU chocs still there.

Have had a choc shake and know today will be challenge, as feel hungry... and an Indian meal planned tonight, mum coming over & brother down for weekend, son's g/friend also joining us. Bought a mountain of samosas/bhajis/pakora yesterday, & OH has made dahl & will do rice & quorn curry later. I have to be strong and stick with dahl & quorn curry, but know I will be tempted. Also friend calling in at 4-ish for hot-choc stop... suggested that as I can have a CD one & she won't notice hopefully, and also because you don't 'need' a biccy/cake with hot choc. Fingers crossed.

Between now and then, have a ton of housework and work-work to do... so better get fire lit and make a start. Have a great Saturday everyone.

xxx

Morning Katy, sounds like you have a lovely, but busy day planned. Curry evening sounds heavenly, what a wonderful smell. Stay strong with your choices, think about how you have resisted the GUs and apply that to the items you don't want to eat in your Indian meal. It is all a choice. Ahem, something that again I find easier to write than do (and why I am back to basics!)

The sun is out this morning - and no snow or frost. There are lovely high clouds against a really blue sky, which you can just about see through my first job of the day - clean the windows!!!

Have a wonderful day Katy, be strong!

xxx

Oh blimey what is it with you lot and housework? Keep on like this and I'm going to have to join in which really is against my better judgement on such a lovely sunny day.......I might start with dusting the greenhouse, that really could do with a spring clean...the fact that there's a radio, a stool and it's out of sight of the house ( and therefore cries of 'Mum, what are you doing? Come and play with us!') doesn't have anything to do with it of course. :) And there's only rocket to eat in there too.......yum.

Enjoy your evening Katy, sounds lovely to me, the curry too. :D

Hey Katy, hope you have a lovely evening with your friends n family, you can do it!
xx

Hey hey Katy - how was the curry night? Bet your house smelt wonderful last night. Mine smelt of OHs pizza - sigh. I am sure I could diet much better without a sense of smell, wish I could switch it off for from time to time!

Here's to a successful Sunday xx

Sunday hugs Katy. xxx

Thanks... needed. Yesterday didn't go according to plan, my turn to fall face-down in the mud. Today not much better. Will get a grip and report back tomorrow, promise.

xxx

I had a spectacular off day yesterday but i am back on the straight and narrow today. Thinking of you xxx

Back