Lots of new members - shall we do an intro thread?

hey Vanessa!

Join the club sweety! We are all in this together - through thick and thin! (although thin hopefully - hehe)

Did you start today?

x

Hey everybody, my name's Gemma and I started lighter life 2 1/2 weeks ago. A couple of people in my group recommended this site to me so I've spent the last hour or so reading through lots of peoples' success stories. I want to lose about 9 stone and it's feeling a bit overwhelming. Having never been slim I'm finding it hard to set goals, can't imagine ever being slim at all!! I've lost 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks, only 2 lbs in the second week so am a bit disheartened. Everyone else seems to have lost more than me over the first couple of weeks so now I'm doubting if this is gonna work for me the way I hoped it would :confused: I know 10 lbs is OK but I don't know how I'd handle it if I lost 2 lbs every week. The thought of months and months without eating is hard.

People at work are getting on my back telling me LL isn't healthy, no matter what I say they wont let off. None of my friends understand, I'm the 'fat friend' so I'm hoping that on here I'll make some good friends. Sorry this is such a long read, once I start I can't seem to stop! (Guess that's the problem eh? ;) )

Hi Gemma

I started LL 3 days ago so am only new to it like yourself and have the about the same amount of weight to lose as you too. I know it's going to be a long hard road over the next few months and I think we've just got to smile and get on with it - at least I'm hoping and praying that that's the kind of attitude I'm going to have.

Your loss so far is brilliant - so much better than you'd do on other weight loss programmes and you should be proud of yourself for doing it. I've read posts on here that seem to say that sometimes you do get weeks where you don't lose so much but that this tends to be made up for in the next week when you have a good loss, so I think you'd be best looking forward to that.

Re people at work, I think the trick is to just let them say what they're going to say and let it go out of the other ear - if it wasn't safe your doctor wouldn't have signed you up to it .... and to be honest we're not all that healthy now (I know I'm not) and yet after a few months of following this we will be - so just let the truth be in the pudding :)

Keep your chin up and keep smiling and you'll see that there are lots of lovely people on these boards (and I've 'met' lots in the 3 days I've been here) and you'll get all the support you need.

Take care

Cath

Thanks Cath, guess I've just been feeling a bit sorry for myself, I think this site will help me a lot :)

How are you finding the first week? For me that was the hardest bit so far but doing well this week will set you up for the rest. So you must have your meeting on Thursday? Mine are on Tuesdays.

Thanks for replying, now I don't feel so lonely!

Hi - it's been okay so far, found that I've got achey thighs and joints but not sure if that's the diet or just me!! I've discovered that I definitely don't like the vanilla or caramel shakes that's for sure :) I've taken to having a raspberry one for breakfast and a chocolate one in the evenings. My meetings are on Wednesday, my group starts next week but my counsellor let me start early which was a big help to me. Tomorrow is going to be my first day at work while doing this as I took Friday off as holiday so that I could learn what to do re making the drinks and shakes without having the stress of having to do it at work, I've only told one person in work that I'm doing it though, not told the rest and they're used to me just drinking water all day so they might not notice.

Just think when you go to class on Tuesday you're 1/5 of the way there --- you'll have to post us your loss as soon as you get chance so that we can see how you've done :)

Don't worry you really won't be lonely on here - have a good nosey round the site, there are some other really good forums on here too - they seem to have covered everything :)

Cath

HI Cath & Gemma!

Its my 3rd day today and i had such a nightmare last night - although the plan was to hide myself away for the first week or 2 i had to attend my best friends engagment party last night - NO DRINK & NO FOOD... it was soooo hard.

I have only told the people I know will notice im not eating or drinking to be honest and the people i know (and hope) will support me and encourage me.

I know of a girl at work who has done lighter life, she must be about 20+ stone and made excuses after the first few days because she found it hard. I havent told her im on it, although it would have been nice to talk to someone who has gone through feelings etc i have in the first few days but i know if i did she would de-motivate me in a way.

The way I see it is if i stick to it i will loose the weight. Thats where ive gone wrong in the past - i loose a few pounds and think "oh i can eat that cheesecake now!" :p Thats almost a good thing about lighter life - you cant eat ''real" food and that takes so much of the options and temptations away. You just know you cant.

Sorry if i have babbled on - these forums really help get everything out!:D

Kels
xxx

I know what you mean about no temptation kels! I think this will work for me because there's no flexibility. As soon as I give myself an inch I'll take a mile. Most people I know don't understand that cos they've never been overweight!

The first social outting is hard, mine was a week in and i was out from 6:30 pm til 4am! Everyone was completely drunk and all went out for kebabs or pizza at midnight! I couldn't leave cos one of my best friends is in the army and going off to Afghanistan for 6 months and it was his sending off. Was hard work but I woke up the next day without a hangover which was nice ;)

I know its hard isnt it - one of my friends is a size eight bless her and she has never battled with her weight bless her. Its hard to describe to someone what its like esp when your out. I got loads of stick for not drinking last night and it wasnt fun!

I dont know how you did it til 4am - think im gonna have to stear clear from things nights out for a while for the sake of my sanity!

How much do you have to loose hun? x

I wanna lose 9 stone so got a long way to go. How about you?

I don't know how I stayed out til 4 either! Everyone else was getting emotional so i spent most of the time being the sensible one and calming people down. It mucked up my system for a couple of days cos I was all out of sync but I felt good afterwards, it was an achievement I think :queen: hehehe!

It was a darn good achievement!!

I need to loose about 4 and a half stone, and feels like a lifetime away! I cant wait until i get weighed on thursday, i hope i've lost a decent amount of weight but am trying not to get my hopes up.

Other members have been talking about not talking about weight loss at their sessions, do you discuss how much you have lost?

K x

Kels you did brilliantly not to give in to temptation last night - luckily I don't have anything planned for the next couple of weeks so don't have to put myself through that just yet.

Well I've drank all my water for today, and a little bit more and I don't half feel bloated - think my insides will be having a good swim ;)

Cath

Hi ya Cath,

Well done on the water front - ive been pretty crap today to be honest prob due to the fact that i prob had about 7 ltrs yesterday at that party to keep myself occupied.:eek:

I find the diet so much easier at work - with set meal times. Rather than at weekends when you have so much time on ur hands!

Your first weigh in is on wednesday - are you excited?:D

I think the whole thing should be easier when I'm at work too - I only ever drink water in work anyway so that's no different for me and I seem to be surviving okay on the soups --- luckily the other girls in the office are always dieting and I shouldn't have any tempting smells coming from the kitchen.

Cannot wait for Wednesday, am really excited :D - Your first weigh in is Tuesday isn't it? You'll have to get straight on here and let us know how you get on.

Cath

Its thursday so I still have a way to go yet! Snif snif. lol
My work is awful, theres always cakes and stuff going around, then when i get home my brother and boyfriend tend to stuff there face in front of me (which is always nice!)

What do you think of the bars - i really cant stomac any of them!

Urgh role on the days when im skinny please!! LOL

It's one of the group rules that we don't discuss weight. Was odd at first but it makes sense as some people will lose far more than others some weeks and less other weeks. Takes away any competitive aspect. That's partly why its so good on here, we can talk about how much we've lost/gained without feeling like we're in competition, if that makes sense. Made sense when I thought it! :)

Yeah i guess it does make sense! Oh this forum is going to be a godsend to me i can tell - as im sure my bf is getting fed up of me yapping on about it.

Night girls xx

I've not had any bars yet - my counsellor wouldn't give them to me as she said you can only have them when you've done your first week and are in ketosis - so I'm having to wait until Wednesday to try them.

I think you should kick both your brother and boyfriend :) Re the cakes in work - that must be torture, I'm just glad we don't have anything like that .... you're really showing some will power there.

I didn't know that you might not be able to discuss your weight in the group - now that you've wrote it like that chinchilla it does make sense. Guess I'll find out what we do on Wednesday :)

Cath

Hi :wavey:

I'm starting LL this coming Wednesday. My BMI was a shockingly bad 43 :cry: and I was 18st when I got weighed. I don't really know what my goal weight it but think a minimum of 6st, with a healthy BMI and it would be fab to fit into size 12-14.

I live on my own so I'm hoping it will be easier as I intend to get rid of all the food in the house!!

Hi Wendy!

Im on my 4th day today and suprisingly work up not feeling hungry! It will be easier wth you living by yourself because as you said you can remove all temptation - lucky thing!

I wish you luck for wednesday, i must say i came out of the class feeling so inspired - i hope it does the same for you

Kels

x

I'm really looking forward to my class just to see what happens. I've read so much about different classes on here it's going to be great to go to one of my own.

Cath

Back