Lots of new members - shall we do an intro thread?

Hi Everyone

:eek: Hi, Im 35, mum of 3 and I started LL on 7th Novemebr, Its been 52 days today.:)

My heaviest was 16st 6lb after my youngest daughter:mad: , and when i joined LL i was 14st 6lb. so far i've lost 1st 10lb so I think I'm on track hopefully got about the same left to lose:D .

I just found this forum two days of it and i think all the support i wicked.:rolleyes:

I have gone from size 22+ down to size 14, which feels fantastic! My biggest boost was when at the weekend I was asked if i was 18........I think thats pushing it a bit too far though:eek: !!!

Was scared to start this journey and i am psyching myself up to maintainance!!

Hi everyone,I have just joined minimins - I will be doing the Lighterlife programme again after staying off it for nearly 6 months.On reflection I must be serious about the programme this TIME as I am writing to you all now because I need support and I am now taking responsibility for me.Guess what though, I am so lacking the motivation to start, I was going to start the programme today, but them decided to start tommorrow. I wonder what that is about. Oh I know, Monday is going to be the beginning of a new year. You know what I believe that 2007 will be a good year for all of us who are on the lighterlife programme. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Just popping by to say 'hello' to all you newbies... and to wish all of you who are starting the programme for the first time the best of luck - to anyone who's returning - best of luck to you too - you've done it before and can do it again, (I include myself in this!! :eek: ) For those of you already on the programme - keep going :)

Nice to have you on board :)

Hello everyone, my name is Sally and I joined LL on 11th November. I have lost 32lbs so far, but still have another
6 stone to lose. I am so glad that I found this site whilst browsing, as it is so good to read the entries, and know that there are many others out there experiencing similar highs and lows.
I will keep checking the site to see how everyone is doing.

Hi i'm Amanda and i've been thinking about starting Lighter life but for many years i have yo yo dieted and never managed to maintain my weight. I want to be happy but more importantly healty. I've enjoyed reading all your posts and hope to start Lighter life very soon.

Hi there,
I'm 42 years old with 3 children and a husband. I have just started LL this afternoon. I was going to start in October but was ill for a few months the day before I was due to start. I have my meeting on Tuesday morning, but since I already have 7 packs I have decided to start this afternoon (after having had some lunch of course!). I have about 7 stone to loose so will be around for some time. I was really inspired by Kaz's story. Well done for loosing so much - you have given me great hope. I have tried so many diets in the past but have never managed to keep the weight off. I think the LL meetings with this will really help and I'm sure are key to the diet! Unlike other Slimming clubs where somebody stands up and talks to you at the LL meetings everyone is involved. I think it is great and I have big hopes! (Bearing in mind I haven't even done 1 day yet!!) Hopefully I will still be as positive by the end, whenever that is.
Good luck everyone!

Hi i'm slimslow, choice name right. I started LL and on day 6. I have ben finding it a little difficult as my partner is on regular yummy meals. He has been fantastic cleanning up and cooking for himself, i guess so i can get into the zone. I work in office up whereeveryone is always munching.
Today when Lolly (lloyd my partner) was eatting i realised i was actually not hungry... just wanting but not hungry and wasnt too bothered whilst i was watching tele in the same room. So thats a good start.

You all seem really nice and supportive of each other which is fab. Does anyone live in northamptonshire????

and how do i get the weight thing at the bottom of the screen and the fancy mapancy names.

I have my first official weigh in and cant wait or can i as i feel i havelost nothing bt lunch time buddies

hi

nce how areu i'm new too on day 6 going for first weigh in tomorrow.:eek:

hi, i'm new and started LLsaturday past. You have done so well. i hope loose some tomorrow even a poundi want this so bad.

Welcome aboard,
well done for taking the plunge and starting :D

Slimshow - bet you get a great suprise tomorrow and reckon it'll be much more than a pound :) - be sure to keep us updated:p

chubbybutt - Well done i started on the 6th wanna buddie up

Hi everybody. My name is Carolyne42XX and I started Lighterlife on 26th June 2006. At the end of Foundation I had lost 5 stone 2lbs THEN Holidays in Egypt came around in October which put me back two weeks as I had put on 10lbs because I decided to eat but the goods news was that I went straight back onto the packs and I managed to lose what I had put on and 1lb besides which I was pleased about. THEN CHRISTMAS CAME WITH A VENGENCE which for me the start of it was the end of November, meal after meal, do after do. I tried with the best will in the world to stay on the packs properly but I could never get past two days without the desire or need to eat again.

So here I am back again, it was my birthday yesterday which didn't help and I ate again but now it is COMPLETELY OVER and I need to move onto the next phase. Really Development has not been successful for me because of where it overlapped with Xmas and the New Year so I have not lost any more weight but instead I have gained 10lbs which I need to shift more than anything else.

Whilst I do feel somewhat a small faliure in not losing anything for a couple of months now, I can't help feeling also proud of my achievement to date. Without Lighterlife I couldn't have possibly done this.

I also haven't been logging into the Forum which in the early days helped me so much and Im going to try and go into it at least every couple of days to keep me focused.

After reading everybody's results they are fantastic. Let's all get our heads down now and work hard and who knows by the time the Easter Bunny is hopping down our drive with those Easter Eggs we will all be a super slim Size 10's. (WELL I CAN DREAM CAN'T I????)

Hi Carolyne42xx

I am just intrigued - did you say you lost a total of 5stone 2lbs at the end of foundation - how long did you do foundation for - that is a fantastic result!!!!!

xx

Hi Skinny Minny

In answer to your question, yes you did hear right 5 stone 2lb. Although from 24/11/06 Ive had a blip in that Ive been eating because of all these 'do's I had which went on right through to last Sunday which was my birthday 14th January. Now everything is out of the way it's head down to get rid of what I put on which is about 10lbs. I don't feel too good about it but Im still alot lot slimmer than I was and I know what I have to do. Anyway started back on the packs Monday and as of today Thursday it is showing 8lbs on my scales already so I am so pleased. Get weighed tonight at my meeting so Im looking foward to that to get me motivated again.

What Ive learned about myself through the journey with LL is that putting weight on isn't the issue, its the carrying on eating with me. I am now able to go out for a meal, have everything I want and not feel deprived and then pull myself back on track leading up to weigh in. Ive done it a couple of times now and without difficulties so Im pleased about that. It isn't the Mars Bar you eat or the odd packet of crisps but it is the food you have afterwards that puts weight on you.

Quite literally it is the best thing I have ever done in my life, and the only thing I regret is not finding LL sooner in my life that would have made such a difference in my 30's when the kids were young and I could have done so much more with them.

You carry on skinny minny as your doing, and you'll find out also that you can be the person you have dreamed about for so long and not too far away either.

Take care.

Will I - won't I

Morning to everyone. I had a consultation with a LL counsellor last night. Got the form for the doctor to sign and an appointment booked for Monday to see him!!! Now I am just feeling daunted by the prospect of no food or drink for months. I have about 10st to lose and a BMI of 47 so I know I should do it for health reasons alone. I have a very stressful job and there is nothing better than getting home and pouring a nice glass of wine to go with my comfort food to relieve the stresses of the day!!
Excuses, excuses - I am hopefully going to my first class on Thursday but am guessing I might spend a lot of time on this site looking for support!!!
Jackie (in panic mode)

Good luck to you jackiem38. You go for it.
I did LL programme for 4 months and lost 4 1/2 stone with having 8 to lose.
Sadly money became am issue and I had to stop. Then put on nearly 2 stone in 2 months!!!!
Now on day 6 of CD and I am hoping my journey with LL has given me some of the psychological tools needed.
Started afresh after my 41st birthday also on 14th Jan Carolyn42.
Want to get back on that horse soon!!

Back