Lots of new members - shall we do an intro thread?

Kels, don't feel too bad - I'm sure it's down to TOTM, some women hold so much fluid at this time. Next week I'm sure you'll have an excellent loss as it won't be TOTM and you'll have two weeks worth of weight loss to show.

Stay strong!

Cath
x

Kels, look at what you lost in the first 2 weeks! It does seem to me that we all lose about the same, but some people do it little by little and some people have big losses then plateau- just my theory!

Hi, I'm Feetee and new to the forum - which has filled me with inspiration!

I'm a third of the way through the LL foundation programme - day 33 - and so far I have lost 1st 12lbs - which I'm delighted about!

The main motivator for losing weight was seeing my wedding photos and subsequent honeymoon pics - and having a major OMG crisis!!! I've been overweight for as long as I can remember -yo-yoing up and down but now I am determined to get myself in check!

Goals:

1. Lose 3 stone
2. Do half marathon walk in June and Do 5k run in July
3. Get into a stunning dress for my first anniversary!

I've realistically got about 8 stone to lose - but one step at a time eh?!

Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the tips and advice x

Hi Feetee

You're doing great with your weight loss - it's a brilliant feeling isn't it.

Love your goals, especially the 3rd one :)

Cath

I'm finding Friday nights really difficult, I just want to sit in front of the T.V. with something to munch.:cry:

I think its because we both used to work Mon to Fri, so Fri became treat night, either takeaway or something we don't usually have in the week.

I wish we could have an extra cereal bar or shake when we get these cravings.

These habits are so hard to break.

I also weigh in on Monday's so only two more days to go until the next few pounds come off!:)

Hi Cherry Plum!

You're not alone! I'm so used to munching something in front of the tv as well. The best way to change this habit for me is to concentrate on what I'm watching, drinking water (sparkling with ice) and munching my crunch nut bar! Sometimes I also take the knitting or try to do some sudoku. Anything to take my mind of food!

Well done so far, and good luck for Monday's weigh-in.

Thanks for the tip about the sparkling water, I've been concentrating on my 4 litres of still water, so I will get some sparkling to help with the cravings.

I don't like the crunch bar though, tried it at a meeting, it was like eating cardboard! yuk.

I've been saving milkshakes for my supper, but might try and save a cereal bar instead.:)

If you can why not try the flavouring for the water. I have got the St Clements its ok & I make a hot lemon tea with it just make a black tea then add 1/2 teaspoon to the tea its acceptable.

Thanks for that tip! I couldn't survive without the water flavourings, they satisfy my sweet tooth, but I haven't had tea since I started cos I don't like it black.
Having sparkling water with flavourings in almost feels like cheating it is so nice!

Angelica it really does get easier - by about day 4 or 5 you'll be out the other side and feeling much better as you'll be in ketosis by then.

Stick with it and you'll soon feel great and also you'll weigh less!

Cath

Hi Angelica

As Katie oxo said 'stick with it', it really is a great diet, within my first week I'd lost 10.25 lbs & by week three 18 lbs, now what other diet would you be able to achieve that on?
If I were at one of the slimming clubs I would have only lost about 7lbs by now.

If we stick with this programme, we are guaranteed to lose the weight every week, not like other programmes where you lose, then gain, then you get despondant & eat forbidden food, or after your weigh in you pig out, then try & lose it before next weigh in.

Just keep going with the food packs, water & counselling, because it definately works, just look on this site for the inspiration.

I've found that one of the best things is feeling empty, no bloating, no indigestion, no IBS.

I'm in my 4th week now & I'm just starting to feel more energetic, I'm able to swim more than 4 lengths at a time, I can do more than 20 mins on the treadmill, yipee.

It feels really good to be in the next size down in jeans, also I actually feel good about myself, because I know I'm losing weight.

Just get through the first week & then you'll feel better on weigh in day, the symptoms you are describing will go & you'll feel great.

I felt dizzy in the first week, my llc told me I wasn't drinking enough water.
Hope this helps.

Hi this is my first post here.

I started LL on 29th March 07, and I can honestly say it is currently hell. I feel nauseous, light headed, dizzy and faint. I've hardly got the energy to walk my dogs so I am praying to god it gets easier next week. :wave_cry:

Sarah, it honestly DOES get better :hug99: As you know, I felt like complete poop the first week but once I got used to not having the carbs or caffiene and got into ketosis, I felt fine. Ring me any time you like ;)

Hi all, started LL on March 17 so have already been through the rough bits. Just find myself getting impatient and dreading the inevitable slow down in weight loss as I continue.

Am into Day 4 now, i even managed to go to agility trianing yesterday with my collie and managed all day! I had to drop out of the last run of the day as half ay around i thought I was going to faint.

The problem I seem to have is the energy to do my normal exercise. Guess its not aided by having a low blood pressure and pulse rate. I missed my drop in yesterday, as I felt my agility training was more important as its the exercise I love.

So am back Thursday night for a weigh in and counselling session.

Back