Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

I started off with nine stone to lose. Though to be honest I had no idea what weight I was, what weight I should be, how long it would take to get there and how I would look when I got arrived.

I started to get interested in BMI's. Mine was about 43. The charts all said that anything above 25 was bad. 43 seemed a lifetime away from 25. To think, that you could lose two stone and no one would notice. I was no longer chubby (as I saw myself) but morbidly obese.

Once I had made my mind up to come to SW, I was going to do it properly. Which I have. The weight has just melted off me.

5st 10 1/2lb gone forever, another 3st to go, though my target weight is about 1st 10lbs away.

Wow gazter... that's an amazing loss so far! Well done you! :D

I have roughly around 9 stone to lose as well. And I'm determined to get it shifted this time. At the moment it seems as if it's going to take ages because my weight loss has been really slow lately. But, I'm still losing the weight and I know that losing it slowly is better in the long run than losing the weight really fast.. so I'll keep chipping away :)

Wow gazter... that's an amazing loss so far! Well done you! :D

I have roughly around 9 stone to lose as well. And I'm determined to get it shifted this time. At the moment it seems as if it's going to take ages because my weight loss has been really slow lately. But, I'm still losing the weight and I know that losing it slowly is better in the long run than losing the weight really fast.. so I'll keep chipping away :)

Do you think there are reasons why your losses are a bit less than you hoped for?

I don't know exactly. If I've had a day where I go off track a little, I make up for it in the following days by being extra good. But, I don't have many days where I go off track terribly =/

I may try to limit my syns a little more; drop it to 10 instead of 15 and see what happens then :) And I'm also trying to include more speed foods into my meals than I have been previously. Let's hope it pays off this week :p

Hi all,

Newbie here, well i joined this site over 2 years ago but still haven't got my arse into gear.

I'm a size 26/28 currently and would like to get to a size 16, i'll still be overweight at that size but i'd be comfortable.

Really enjoyed reading back this thread and look forward to getting to know you all :)

I think the gym might work!! haha, I went 3 times last week and lost 4lbs this week, usually I lose about 2-3lbs, so has helped a lot I think!!

I don't know exactly. If I've had a day where I go off track a little, I make up for it in the following days by being extra good. But, I don't have many days where I go off track terribly =/

I may try to limit my syns a little more; drop it to 10 instead of 15 and see what happens then :) And I'm also trying to include more speed foods into my meals than I have been previously. Let's hope it pays off this week :p

Of course some diets work better for some than others. Are you sure you are following it correctly ? Two pounds a week, week in week out should be possible. I don't think the syns are the problem.

Are you maybe being too harsh on yourself? Remember, your body behaves in an odd way if you drop below a thousand calories a day. It can be counterproductive as your body gets ultra efficient at extracting and storing whatever it can.

My bmi was a touch lower than yours, I could stuff my face like a squealing pig, have all my syns, healthy extras, gigantic plates of food, but I followed the superfree rule religiously, and I lost two to three pounds a week, every week.

Now it feels like it is a lot harder, but still two pounds a week.

I haven't followed your posts, so apologies, but have you done a food diary? ( and by diary, you write everything you eat or drink for a series of days)?

Your body, based on your bmr, requires 2,400 calories a day to function (assuming you have a low level of activity) . You eat less than that you lose weight, you eat more you gain weight. A pound of fat is 3,500 calories. To lose two pounds in a week you need a deficit of 7,000 calories. So everyday you need to consume a thousand below the level to stay the same (for you that's 2,400 - 1,000= 1,400), and lose two pounds.

With slimming world you don't need to count calories (the plan itself does the counting by following the rules) , but it can be useful to see where you maybe can improve your losses.

What does your consultant say?

Well, the diet does work for me. I've done it before and have lost weight :) My consultant says it could just be a slow few weeks. I've had problems in the past where my weight loss slows a bit so I assume that's the issue again. It's just frustrating. But, I'm persevering. So hopefully this week will show a better weight loss :)

Hey guys,

Please can I join in? I've just rejoined group today and weigh 26 stone 13lb.

I'll through my tuppence worth in as well.

I joined Monday at my heaviest ever weight of 22st 12lbs I want to get to 13st 7lb. I will NEVER be this big again. It's been an unusal few days and I'm trying to get my head around eating as much as I want of fruit and veg and muller lights and lean meat/chicken. It seems crazy to me but it works for so many people so we'll see how I do on Monday :)

I think so many of you guys are a true inspiration and really help when it seems like a major struggle. Thank you.

Bella Cullen said:

I joined Monday at my heaviest ever weight of 22st 12lbs I want to get to 13st 7lb. I will NEVER be this big again. It's been an unusal few days and I'm trying to get my head around eating as much as I want of fruit and veg and muller lights and lean meat/chicken. It seems crazy to me but it works for so many people so we'll see how I do on Monday :)

I think so many of you guys are a true inspiration and really help when it seems like a major struggle. Thank you.

Your post reminded me of my own stats. It can be done, I started where you are and now I'm a stone from target. Keep going half a stone at a time, you're going to do it this time.

P.s. Great user name! :p

Pickle87 said:
Hey guys,

Please can I join in? I've just rejoined group today and weigh 26 stone 13lb.

Hi pickle, good luck on your journey.

I started at 21st 9 and the same height. You can and you will lose weight! The plan really does work. Just remember to keep to the basic rules...

Back