Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

I couldn't agree more! I am heavier now than I ever have been in my life and have tried some of the faddy stuff in the past but it's difficult to maintain. SW feels very different even though I've only been doing it for three weeks, and I am sure it will become a healthy way of life rather than "a diet". Seeing some of your weight losses is really inspirational. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope I can follow suit.

Actually, it's quite inspiring. I would have given up and gone back on the pizzas and kebabs...
I cannot stop looking at your stats......93.5 lbs in 28 weeks. woohoo....those numbers are mean.....and inspiring.

I cannot stop looking at your stats......93.5 lbs in 28 weeks. woohoo....those numbers are mean.....and inspiring.

I'm going to let you into a little secret. Sorry...

It was easy!!! I know that might be annoy some people, but it's true. I would have got fed up ages ago if it wasnt so damn simple to follow with such remarkable results.

I have stuck to it. I mean, completely. But I have never found myself hungry etc.

I cut out take aways. No takeaways since i started, none, zero zilch. Not one drop of alcohol or non diet soda has passed my lips. I generally eat my syns, i was maybe too strict to begin with, but paranoid of falling off the wagon.

I have got into a comfortable situation now in which i dont crave anything, except maybe pizza. I have my local butchers knocking out cumberland sausages that are as close to syn free as possible (i have started a stampede, he cant keep up with the demand), these are my favourite food in general, never mind on SW plan.

I am a bit taken aback about how I just keep losing. Every single week I have lost:

All i need is the losses to continue for a few weeks and I'm going to be at my first target of 100 lbs.

Stage 1, lose 100lbs.
Stage 2, maintain or, continue to lose at an acceptable healthy lb or so a week until to Christmas.
Stage 3, begin a muscle building plan which might involve a significant increase in food consumption.

I have been thinking about stage 3 for a while. I do like the kick of being able to control my body, but I am incredibly lazy, so it might not happen.

Welcome all new comers :) gazter it is great for you that it came off so quick. For me the stricter I am the less I lose, so frustrating! I am determined not to be like so many members in my group who toy with the same few lbs all year. At the beginning of this year I was 21 stone 3lbs, 2 weeks later at my first meeting I was 20 stone 5lbs, I am now 16 stone 9lbs, hoping to be 15stone 12lbs by Christmas. I'm living back with my parents' so I had been having slimming world evening meals for a year before I joined. I dread to think the size I would have gotten to if I wasn't! Next 3 goals from my current weight is 2lbs to bring me to 16.5 stone, 4lbs gives me my 4 stone award, 5lbs gives me my 1st interim target. It is the best way to keep my focus.

Last edited:
Haia :)
Is it ok if I join you??
I'm currently 19.0st and I've lost 14lbs in the last 3 weeks.
I've got a lot to lose but I haven't really got a target I'm just going to keep on going until I'm happy and healthy.
I've been a bit stricter this week with my syns and I've weighed myself this morning and I've gained lol :/ is it better to have 15syns a day??

Hi I'm the same I started about 19 stone 2 pounds and now I'm down in the 13 stone bracket but really I'd like to be 11 stones that sounded like a hell of a lot to lose but Ive been on SW for six months and hopefully by Christmas I should be there

:eek: have you really lost 6st in 6 months!! That's amazing!! Did you exercise as well?? I'm only in my fourth week so the weight is still dropping off but I'm dreading when I start putting pounds on and maintaining and scared I'll lose motivation and give up like I've done in the past

Hi I'm the same I started about 19 stone 2 pounds and now I'm down in the 13 stone bracket but really I'd like to be 11 stones that sounded like a hell of a lot to lose but Ive been on SW for six months and hopefully by Christmas I should be there

Our starting out BMIs and where we are BMIs are pretty close to identical.

:eek: have you really lost 6st in 6 months!! That's amazing!! Did you exercise as well?? I'm only in my fourth week so the weight is still dropping off but I'm dreading when I start putting pounds on and maintaining and scared I'll lose motivation and give up like I've done in the past

Oh yes :) I am hoping to make it 7st in 7 months.. Got a couple of weeks to lose 4 1/2 pounds !

I share/shared the same fears as you. It goes through my head "is this the week i'm going to gain?" "am I going to plateau and not be able to lose any more?" "If i just have one kebab/pizza/burger will i fall off the diet and put it all back on?".

If I had gained early on, or if the loses had been slow I probably would have lost motivation. The good losses have continued though. I know a point will be reached in which it will get really hard, but it is pretty pleasing to keep getting these drops.

I am wondering now, as i type, will this be the week i gain?

I get really nervous before weigh-in as it's so important to me to lose... I am being really diligent in filling in my food diary and keeping a track of my Syns, hoping for a good loss next week.

Hello everyone - I'm going to join in here if that's ok! I was 19st 6.5lb last week and have been following SW online for a week now. I'm still a bit all over the place and not 100% sure of what I'm doing. It also seems too good to be true, but if it works I'll be thrilled!

I lost 4.5 stone with WW a few years ago but it's all back - I'm angry with myself and very motivated so fingers crossed!

Hello everyone - I'm going to join in here if that's ok! I was 19st 6.5lb last week and have been following SW online for a week now. I'm still a bit all over the place and not 100% sure of what I'm doing. It also seems too good to be true, but if it works I'll be thrilled!

I lost 4.5 stone with WW a few years ago but it's all back - I'm angry with myself and very motivated so fingers crossed!

Well done for getting back into it that was the hardest part for me. I'm lucky that my wife and I are doing it at the same time. Together we have lost over 91/2 st in a little over six months. Staying to group has helped along with the regular losses to keep me motivated. In the end I might just keep on going to see what I can get down to, either that or until my wife gets to her target first.

gazter said:
Oh yes :) I am hoping to make it 7st in 7 months.. Got a couple of weeks to lose 4 1/2 pounds !

I share/shared the same fears as you. It goes through my head "is this the week i'm going to gain?" "am I going to plateau and not be able to lose any more?" "If i just have one kebab/pizza/burger will i fall off the diet and put it all back on?".

If I had gained early on, or if the loses had been slow I probably would have lost motivation. The good losses have continued though. I know a point will be reached in which it will get really hard, but it is pretty pleasing to keep getting these drops.

I am wondering now, as i type, will this be the week i gain?

I hope not, fingers crossed for a good week for you. I hit my first plateau in august, and then gained nearly a stone while being on plan and exercising. I was devastated ! However last week I lost 6 lb and I weigh in again tomorrow, I think my body is back on track. Sorry very long winded but just trying to say if you do plateau or gain, stick with it as I am glad I did as it hard to do when you don't see results but they will happen again !

I hope not, fingers crossed for a good week for you. I hit my first plateau in august, and then gained nearly a stone while being on plan and exercising. I was devastated ! However last week I lost 6 lb and I weigh in again tomorrow, I think my body is back on track. Sorry very long winded but just trying to say if you do plateau or gain, stick with it as I am glad I did as it hard to do when you don't see results but they will happen again !

Crikey, you needed nerves of steel to keep with the plan having made such a gain. Can you think of anything that you might have done that would have caused it?

No I can't think of anything, nothing but considering I have been dieting for over 18 months my body could have been playing catch up , I just kept remembering if I diddnt stick to plan I would be bound to gain even more weight

Katoof - your weight loss is incredible - almost 13 stones in 20 months?? Well done - I hope I can lose at that sort of rate. Have you been doing much exercise as well or is it all thanks to the healthy eating?

oh thankyou Northern Helen. I exercise alongside the diet, I exercise alot, most would say too much but I am hooked, I love it.

Oh my gosh I'm so excited :) I lost 9.5lb this week!! Woohoo :) Feeling motivated enough to take over the world!!

oh thankyou Northern Helen. I exercise alongside the diet, I exercise alot, most would say too much but I am hooked, I love it.

Exercise is something I really need to get back into, I used to love it - I used to do step aerobics regularly, it got me in great shape and helped burn off the spare pounds pretty quick. I will have to dig out the step DVD!

Back