LottieBird's SnS Diary

Thanks Minerva, I will probably try ALL of your suggestions tomorrow, I have a short attention span :) If it stays dry I might mow the lawn when I get back from work tomorrow and do some deweeding.

I just had the cottage pie. It was frankenstein food IMO and I will definitely be giving it a miss. I know it's all Frankenstein food, but this was a step too far :)

Lol mowing the lawn is the OH's job in our household! :p I have a thing for tall fluffy grass, but apparently I'm not allowed... :(

Cottage Pie is gross in my opinion - same with the Curry pack... Curry has a slimy element to it (no idea why??). It is all indeed Franken-food.... BUT it's the nicest Franken-food on the market; if you'd had any of the others you'd definitely agree! :D

Roll on day 3!

x

Hi lottie popping in to say hi :)

Cant believe you dont like the cottage pie, thats without question my favourite. I have one every single day lol I wont hold it against you though ;)

Hi lottie popping in to say hi :)

Cant believe you dont like the cottage pie, thats without question my favourite. I have one every single day lol I wont hold it against you though ;)

So far I like the mushroom pasta pack, might have 4 of them one day :)

I have just got home and I have a friend coming over to distract me tonight, so just a quick update for now: Day 3, feeling good! So far I had a caramel shake, not bad at all! and mushroom soup, nicer than the tomato for sure, I might get a few of these in for work days. I know I vowed not to, but couldn't help a cheeky weigh in today... -8lbs after 2 days??? My scales are very accurate. Even with the amount of water I am shedding, I am still amazed. Even if it still says 8lbs when I weigh in on monday I will be thrilled.

I know its early days, but all I keep asking myself is why did i never try a vlcd before? I tried everything else. Strange!

I have also set myself a little target to aim for: I am going to buy myself a pretty dress, the kind I never have had the courage to wear, and I AM going to wear it on my anniversary in August. We are going to London for a romantic day and theatre. I keep harping on about how gutted I am I wasn't slimmer for my wedding, so here I go getting slimmer for my 1st anniversary instead :) Hmmm only real question is will I be a size 12 or a 14? I generally always hope for a 14, but on this plan, a 12 doesn't seem as impossible.

Promise to catch up on everyone's diaries when my friend goes home :)

Mines built like a rugby player muscles and a nice chest with slim flat stomach and fit muscley legs. He eats what he wants and stays fit as lol lucky him.
Same here my hubby nice muscles and flat stomach. I always think when we met I was a size 10 and I know he would love me to get back to that, I really want to get my confidence back it is rubbish I don't even like to go out on girls nite out at min.

Come August you'll look STUNNING in that dress! A size 12 is not impossible, but how quickly you lose weight depends on your genetic predisposition. :) The only real certainty is that you WILL lose it if you stick to plan!

Oh - and stay away from the scales!! Don't be naughty. :p 8 lb is extremely impressive for 2 days though! That'll be your water weight gone, so now fat burning begins! :D :D :D

Hope you had a lovely evening with your friend!

x

I promise I will keep away from the scales now until my weigh in day. They can wreak havoc with my head at times, I know this so I must keep away!!!

I have generally been a slow loser, so I will aim for a 14. I figure I won't exactly be gutted if I am too skinny for it and need to get an emergency replacement! I wasn't looking at expensive ones, so not much to lose :) I want to buy it soon so I can hang it up and look at it.

Summary of Day 3
-------------------

Caramel milkshake: nice, but quite sweet. More a dessert than a breakfast maybe :)
Mushroom soup: Handy for work, a zillion times better than tomato
Vanilla shake: Just a vanilla shake - pretty good.
Strawberry shake: Really nice, but I was hungry for it :)

I feel good, just need to keep up the water a bit. I have let this slide a bit today, so I will focus on this tomorrow. It was nice catching up with my friend, a good distraction. I also cleaned my house which was refreshing and overdue! I just noticed I didn't do a summary for my meals yesterday, so I will edit a post above. Might be handy when I place orders :)

Good luck for day 4

Hanging something up in your room that's a little bit too small is such good motivation :) x

I have a pair of 10 jeans out in my bedroom they are a generous 10 but I can't fit in them yet but ill try in a month they give u something to work for

Well done Lottie your doing really well looks like your going to have a big loss this week, I have 3 shakes and a low cal, carb meal. Losses may be alittle slowly but this is manageable or me. Today day 4 felt ok not to tried or headaches. Bonus.

Hi everyone! Day 4 today, I've enjoyed both my red berry shake or whatever it was called, as well as my chicken curry soup thingy. Will reorder both.

I am yawning a lot, but I did have a long, busy day so I am very much looking forward to an early night tonight.

Today my boss said she's not convinced vlcd's are for me. This is a little worrying, as she lost a lot of weight on lighter life, and I am going strong so far. I'm trying not to dwell too much on this, but I guess I am a very sensitive person so I'm finding it hard to forget about it. I wonder what she meant... Probably referring to my so-called binge eating disorder, but this is under control and I don't feel deprived or bingey at all.

I had quite a big meltdown at work last Tuesday, I was crying a lot and don't really know what was wrong with me, so this has probably made er think i am a wreck. She says she wants me to think about my support networks as I have stopped going to slimming world and my support group ended... Bleurgh I just wish I was "normal" sometimes. I have a feeling she will keep raising this, as a friend, because she wants to help me. I am almost tempted to do it jut to get her off my back :)

Hi everyone! Day 4 today, I've enjoyed both my red berry shake or whatever it was called, as well as my chicken curry soup thingy. Will reorder both.

I am yawning a lot, but I did have a long, busy day so I am very much looking forward to an early night tonight.

Today my boss said she's not convinced vlcd's are for me. This is a little worrying, as she lost a lot of weight on lighter life, and I am going strong so far. I'm trying not to dwell too much on this, but I guess I am a very sensitive person so I'm finding it hard to forget about it. I wonder what she meant... Probably referring to my so-called binge eating disorder, but this is under control and I don't feel deprived or bingey at all.

I had quite a big meltdown at work last Tuesday, I was crying a lot and don't really know what was wrong with me, so this has probably made er think i am a wreck. She says she wants me to think about my support networks as I have stopped going to slimming world and my support group ended... Bleurgh I just wish I was "normal" sometimes. I have a feeling she will keep raising this, as a friend, because she wants to help me. I am almost tempted to do it jut to get her off my back :)

Everyone has an opinion. You can listen but don't have to take it on board. Just chill, you know it's someone that's concerned about your welfare and its good to have people looking out for us.
You could always ask her to define what she meant, only if you feel you need to. Sometimes it's better just to leave it as it may also be her inner voices working in her head.
You take offence a what is said, it is not necessarily given out to offend you.

Everyone has an opinion. You can listen but don't have to take it on board. Just chill, you know it's someone that's concerned about your welfare and its good to have people looking out for us.
You could always ask her to define what she meant, only if you feel you need to. Sometimes it's better just to leave it as it may also be her inner voices working in her head.
You take offence a what is said, it is not necessarily given out to offend you.

Thanks BB, she is a bit all over the place diet-wise right now, and she knows I have lost and regained the weight before. Within myself I know that this is just a part of a very long journey, and I need to find a way to figure out how to build a better relationship with food in the long term. No diet or weightloss is going to change that, and I need to work on my head too.

Just to be clear, I am not at all offended by what she said, I'm just unclear as to what she meant, so my usual thing is to imagine she meant the worst possible thing! She's a very kind, caring lady and I like her a lot.

Hugs Hun. Don't beat yourself up over this and please try not to take such comments personally. In most cases it's not about you but about them. In your heart of hearts you know what's right for you and that's all that counts.
This diet will pull at your emotional strings. It's a given. I had a it of a meltdown last week. You essentially have taken away the very thing that was used as a coping mechanism when in stressful situations. Food. You can no longer hide behind it so emotions will surface. Think of it as a good thing. It's part of the process of getting better. You WILL get stronger for it!

You're doing great x

Hugs Hun. Don't beat yourself up over this and please try not to take such comments personally. In most cases it's not about you but about them. In your heart of hearts you know what's right for you and that's all that counts.
This diet will pull at your emotional strings. It's a given. I had a it of a meltdown last week. You essentially have taken away the very thing that was used as a coping mechanism when in stressful situations. Food. You can no longer hide behind it so emotions will surface. Think of it as a good thing. It's part of the process of getting better. You WILL get stronger for it!

You're doing great x

Slim, thanks a lot, you are completely right, I hadn't thought of it like that. I really usually would come home, scoff, and forget the day.

I always say I would never go to a counsellor, as I did a degree in psychology and I feel like there's nothing they can tell me I don't already know, but I have been researching some local therapists to maybe give it a go and get some help to move ahead positively into a new future.

I have been on antidepressants for a number of years, about 3, and I want to one day come off them but need to work through my issues.

Summary Day 4
-------------------

Red berry shake: very nice, a bit more breakfasty than some of the other shakes
Chicken curry soup: great for work, best soup so far, will def order more
Choc shake: yummy! I think I am really a shake person!
Spicy Spaghetti: much better than I expected, but not amazing. Will have again now and then.

I feel good, energy levels normal. Mouth is fowl, going to get a toothbrush and toothpaste to keep at work. I wish we were allowed gum! My urine smells weird, and I have a couple of spots. Not sure if this is relevant, but it felt worth mentioning :)

Ready for day 5!

Thanks slim, you too!

I have woken up feeling AMAZING today, loads of energy and a positive outlook :)

I emailled a local psychotherapist last night for more information, i am going to have a good think over the weekend about whether I want to do this or not. I need things within me to be different so I can keep the weight off if/when I lose it. I don't want to yoyo forever! And if it will help with my dark days, that would be awesome.

Your doing so well and in ketosis now so lots energy,I have the skin of an alephant and nothing upsets me anymore, I used to be very sensitive, but realised nothing is worth getting upset about. You need to harden up girl, I wouldn't give up if I was you. Start reading some books on positive thinking so you can tackle anything anyone throughs, daily life in general so you do not turn to food. When I get to target I will slowly introduce more low carb, low fat foods until I get to a level where I am not gaining but not losing. The brain is very powerful if you believe in yourself you can achieve anything. So go for it girl lock stock and barrell.

Thanks Dolly, great advice there! How are you going today? I'm doing well, I ache a bit but I usually do on a Friday :) its been a looooong week at work.

I just tried the sweet porridge, I enjoyed it, but sadly lost half in the microwave! I watched it religiously til the last few seconds, and foolishly thought it will be fine for 5 seconds. I was wrong!

I fed back to slim and save that I had not received any bars in my trial pack and we then figured out I only received 24 packs. They are sending me the bars, should be here tomorrow. They have CCTV of the packing, so they could see exactly what went wrong. So impressed with their customer services so far.

That's good stick in there luv, it will be so worth it, I need to lose the weight fast then concentrate on maintaining. I give up if the weight loss is to slow. At sw and ww try are good but 1 lb here 1/2 there was driving me mad. I did a sneaky weigh in so far 7 lb lost and my weigh in day is mon, so maye another couple lb if I'm lucky. Your first week is going to be amazing hopefully that will spur you on not to give it up. Also in couple wks your start to get all the compliments.

Back